This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Tyrese Gibson will be returning for the next “Transformers”

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Tyrese Gibson will be returning for the next “Transformers”

Postby Johndoe4880 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 am

Tyrese Gibson will be returning for the next “Transformers” film

in a article posted on Movie hole

Tyrese Gibson Mentions that him and jon voight will be returning for Transformers 2.

the actor said he’ll be returning for the next “Transformers” film – as will Jon Voight as the Secretary of Defense.

'Michael Bay is going to up the ante on round two and raise the level. I can't go into any details , but it's going to be some real one of a kind things in this movie that no one has seen visually in their life. Michael Bay is really fired up to try and outdo what he did on the first round.'

source http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080516_gibson_returns_for_fast_and_fu.html
Johndoe4880
Mini-Con
News Credits: 22

Re: Tyrese Gibson will be returning for the next “Transformers”

Postby Cheetron » Fri May 16, 2008 6:52 am

"Michael Bay is really fired up to try and outdo what he did on the first round"

Really? I thought he promised more ROBOTS and here we are getting more humans than ever. So, Bay's going to give all these new Transformers even less screen time than in the first movie?

OoOo Lookie a new...... crap, I guess that was that transforming tractor trailers 3 seconds of screen time. :P

Sorry Magnus was the only one I could think of right now. Stinking cool armor. lol
Cheetron
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri May 16, 2008 7:59 am

I'm really looking forward to TF2.

However, Tyrese Gibson was a throwaway character, so I couldn't care less whether he's back or not. As for Jon Voight, he was probably one of the worst things about TF, so I'd be happier if he wasn't returning for TF2.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby First-Aid » Fri May 16, 2008 8:12 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Voight was terrible. Gibson was ok...but yes, a throwaway.

I'm trying to figure out if there ARE as many humans. The hacker team is gone: Rachel Taylor pretty much confirmed this so that eliminates her and Anthony Anderson and the minors associated with them. If this movie is taking place at college, then there is a chance that Sam's parents won't be in it so that's two more out the window. No Sector 7 means those guys are gone...which brings the total to at least 6 humans not in this movie that were in the last one...with only 1 or 2 confirmed replacements. It's still a net loss on the human end. If Gibson is coming back, then you can expect Duhamel- which actually makes sense because they were the ones who had direct combat experience with the Decepticons.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Solrac333 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:57 am

I'm not concernd with the humans. I think the next movie will be better than the first one.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby darkqueen01 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:27 am

I like that Jon Voigt is returning. It makes sense that his character would be in the sequel, and I am glad that he is returning to reprise the role. And I liked Tyrese Gibson, but I don't see what his character will be doing in the next movie. I'm still banking on a big governemnt cover-up in the next one, hence why the familiar human characters are re-appearing. Then again, I'm not furiously anti-human so I'm more forgiving when it comes to the human characters.
The following message brought to you by Skeletor...
darkqueen01
Combiner

Postby MYoung23 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:21 am

Jon Voight's return makes complete sense. If Transformers 2 takes place within the same Presidential administration then Voight character was going to have a hand in any Transformers goings after disbanding Sector 7 considering that he is the Sec. of Defense.

For all the Bay "realites" it makes no sense after the first movie for the US government and military to sit on the sidelines and let 2 alien races duke it out on American soil.

As far as his performance they need stop having him be a thinly veiled pastiche of the buffoon that was Donald Rumsfeld.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby primeoptimus » Fri May 16, 2008 12:37 pm

i think that there revealing all the humans because, i believe that almost all but 2 or 3 characters will be in only 1 scene, then wont be seen at all or barely ever again.

for the new robots i say that they will include-
ramjet-because he was taken out of tf1
shockwave-his unique alt. mode and cyclops eye
soundwave-who doesn't want him in there
ravage-see above
insecticons-micheal bay said new "species" of transformers
constructicons-DEVASTATOR
megatron/galvatron-micheal, please DONT kill the main villian again
prowl-taken out of tf1, plus we can see some good cop/bad cop action
kup-geriatric robot
jetfire-because the autobots need some good air support
springer-broadside was a no because of the price of an aircraft carrier, so why not go for something smaller.
ultra magnus-no longer should he be an optimus prime rip-off.
mirage-could have a cool predator-style cloaking power
hot rod-another excuse to have a cool car robot(ex.2009 camaro bb)
Last edited by primeoptimus on Thu May 22, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primeoptimus
Vehicon

Postby Stormrider » Sat May 17, 2008 4:02 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Too many human characters. I wouldn't doubt if the robots get less than half the air time.

I wonder if the movie would have been cheaper and faster to make if the robots were less complicated in design. I also want to know how Bay is going to get around the problem that the robots were too intricate to clearly see during the fight scenes in the last movie.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Sat May 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Stormrider wrote:Too many human characters. I wouldn't doubt if the robots get less than half the air time.

I wonder if the movie would have been cheaper and faster to make if the robots were less complicated in design. I also want to know how Bay is going to get around the problem that the robots were too intricate to clearly see during the fight scenes in the last movie.

I had no problem keeping up with the action and everyone not saying you stormrider always says "they all look the same, I can't tell who is who" types of comments it's an action film too and if every fight scene was done in slow mo just so people with ADHD can keep up or something then that will really cheapen the action shots to me.

I would feel like I'm in a cheesy 80's movie where all the fight sequences are done in slow mo.

I thought with the fast pace of the action scenes I was a part of them but yes there were a few great scenes done in slow mo like when Ironhide blasted his weapons to propel himself over that girl and continue the fight with Brawl / Devastator.

To bring back characters like Epps and Lennox though they'd have to be promoted but it's well deserved after helping to save the planet.

They could be soldiers still or advisers to the president on how to handle the transformer threat working in liaison with secretary Keller.
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby Stormrider » Sat May 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I agree. Too much slow motion is an overkill. I just wish there were more wide angle shots during the fight scenes. The close ups put you right in the action but they were overdone in the last movie in my opinion.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010K"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 3A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220504 16A (CA) Lopez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #1 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926K"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 7A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210485 4B (CA) Kyriazis"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Infestation 2 TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2012 1B (CA) Ramondelli 230124"
Infestation 2 TRAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #10 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915I"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 Cover A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18A DEC190650"
TRANSFORMERS #18 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON