This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASBRO New CEO looking to go beyond toys

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

HASBRO New CEO looking to go beyond toys

Postby First Gen » Fri May 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
The Associated Press is reporting that with his assumption of the Chief Executive Officer position for HASBRO Inc., Brian Goldner is looking to move HASBRO beyond just toy manufacturing. Mr. Goldner believes that the company must look past traditional business and look into more avenues of creation.

Mr. Goldner stated this about current HASBRO products: "What does that look like as an online game? Can that be a cell phone game? Should that be a TV show? Can that be a movie? That's the way we're thinking about our brands today and our strategy for the company."

What could this mean for the future of TRANSFORMERS? We've seen video games and the long awaited live action movie. Could this bring about an online game to the likeness of monster hits such as 'World of Warcraft' or "Everquest'? Could we see a Generation 1 revamp with the new Classics and Universe lines playing the parts? Only time will tell us what plans Mr. Goldner has for HASBRO and its creations.

Got an idea on what could be done next? Click View User Comments above and share it with Seibertron.com.

To view the original posting on this article, click here.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: HASBRO New CEO looking to go beyond toys

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 23, 2008 2:23 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
This guy thinks BIG. I like it.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri May 23, 2008 2:26 pm

I see a My Little Pony MMO in our future :P
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby primeoptimus » Fri May 23, 2008 2:28 pm

i read somewhere that at a convention somewhere, they were giving out non-transforming bumblebee and barricade avatars for world of warcraft. then i also read that you could change it somehow to make it transformable.
primeoptimus
Vehicon

Postby artoni » Fri May 23, 2008 2:29 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:I see a My Little Pony MMO in our future :P

DO NOT WANT.

Though to say the obvious, a TF one would be interesting. I don't know how they'd do it, though. With MMOs as they are today, it's not good enough to be as good as WoW - you have to be better, or you've got no hope of creating a niche.

Just look at DDO.

Also, re: Bee & Cade avs for WoW...yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah, probably not.
artoni
Mini-Con

Postby Duckietron » Fri May 23, 2008 2:46 pm

Motto: "Quackitty Quackitty Quack Quacking Quack Quack"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
I think the idea of having a transformer universe seris is awsome. To gather certian bots and cons from different generations or even reverse the roles of Autobots and Decepticons would be facinating.
Duckietron
Minibot
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby shortround » Fri May 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Well if it is anything like what marvel has planned for there future it will be nothing short of amazing. I really hope they do transformers mmorpg there was mention that one was in develpment by a tokyo game developer but I don't know if anything ever came of that.
Serpentor "I am the one born to rule and destined to conquer. Let those who fear me, follow me. Let those who oppose me, die."
shortround
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Hard Hacker » Fri May 23, 2008 3:22 pm

Transformers feminine hygeine products?
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby artoni » Fri May 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Hard Hacker wrote:Transformers feminine hygeine products?

...I read a fanfic like that once.
artoni
Mini-Con

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri May 23, 2008 6:39 pm

So,
" ... how can we make more?"

Ok, I get it, makes sence.

I hope they get it right, elaborate on the Music Lable concept. Use smaller digital tech to give us real Real Gears, and so on, with quality and progression...

-Don't just whore out every namesake you have to make more of the same ol **** that gets to old to quick-

Anyone else wanna collect energon cubes with Ms. PotatoeHead on PS3.

Ah well, whatever happens, happens.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby DevastaTTor » Fri May 23, 2008 7:46 pm

Well, as a fan AND a stock holder, this really fires me up. I like someone who's excited about pushing the product. Not whoring it out but taking great products and finding great way to market them and make them accessible.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby UltraPrimal » Fri May 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
A G1/Classics/Universe MMO?! By Primus, YES!
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby T-Macksimus » Fri May 23, 2008 10:03 pm

Before they even attempt to pull off a TF MMO they better research the hell out of it, get a ton of fan input and then go back and do it twice more or else they still run the risk of it turning into a TF multiverse of crap. I think the potential is there to create something even better than WoW so long as they dont dive headlong into it and just do it for the sake of dumping it out there. There are some many cool directions they could go with this and the scope could be second only to the Star Wars galaxy if done right.
Same goes with a lot of the other products and since we won't be seeing TF3 until probably 2011 or 2012, there's no excuse for them to not take a little time and care approaching some of these projects.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Shadowman » Sat May 24, 2008 12:40 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
If there is an MMO, there's one rule: It must be Pay-To-Play.

Sounds crazy, right? Wrong! Pay-to-play MMOs tend to be much better than free-to-play MMOs. Remember: that $15~ a month goes to improving and maintaining the game.

Other than that...where can they go beyond toys? They've done TV, comics, books, and movies. To an extent, they've done video games. They've done every major entertainment possibility! (Except radio, but who cares about radio anymore?)
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat May 24, 2008 12:52 am

Shadowman wrote:If there is an MMO, there's one rule: It must be Pay-To-Play.

Sounds crazy, right? Wrong! Pay-to-play MMOs tend to be much better than free-to-play MMOs. Remember: that $15~ a month goes to improving and maintaining the game.

Other than that...where can they go beyond toys? They've done TV, comics, books, and movies. To an extent, they've done video games. They've done every major entertainment possibility! (Except radio, but who cares about radio anymore?)

The Japanese. And theyve had TF radio stuff.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Shadowman » Sat May 24, 2008 1:03 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
NuclearConvoy wrote:

Doesn't Takara have the rights to Transformers in Japan?

And I didn't know they have TFs on radio.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat May 24, 2008 1:13 am

Shadowman wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:

Doesn't Takara have the rights to Transformers in Japan?

And I didn't know they have TFs on radio.

Yeah, Takara Tomy does the TF stuff in Japan.
The KISS-Player stuff had radio dramas, and I believe there were some G1 era stuff too.
Man, I still need KISS Convoy and Hot Rodimus...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Sat May 24, 2008 8:56 am

Sounds like some bold plans and I applaud the guy :APPLAUSE: for wanting to try new or further options to expand and continue the TF empire.

Hasbro has had some tough times, really tough times over the last few years and the only franchise that has pulled them from the brink of disaster was Transformers.

The 2007 movie reinvigorated them yet again but to be honest if basically all their eggs are in one basket all it will take is a few setbacks either in a total box office flop of a movie and our beloved transformers may end jacking up the prices even further especially on G1 items.

Not every concept will work and there will be a lot of crappy shelf warmers out there but it's a start to something good I hope.

As far as the video game aspect they need to continue those in the way of the Armada game for the PS2 where the environments were huge and free roaming, I am not really interested at all in a turn based TF game where they bounce up and down to simulate movement casting "spell type" of actions against an opponent.

Here's to the continued success of the TF franchise! :D
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Sat May 24, 2008 9:12 am

This guy obviously knows how to think outside the box.
I like him.
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby Scaleface » Sat May 24, 2008 11:55 am

Let's see -

Second Life done entirely with virtual Mister Potatoe Heads - Second Potato!

Etch-a-Sketch for the Nintendo Wii

Monopoly The Movie!
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat May 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Scaleface wrote:Let's see -

Second Life done entirely with virtual Mister Potatoe Heads - Second Potato!

Etch-a-Sketch for the Nintendo Wii

Monopoly The Movie!

The third one is real.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Return to General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNOW CAT Transformers Energon Combat Class complete + instructions 2004 230427A"
SNOW CAT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Keychain Flashlight Transformers Armada Hasbro 2004 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Keyc ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNARL Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d43j key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
SNARL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete + card 2005 Powerlinx 230427A"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCRACKER Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2006 230719A"
THUNDERCRACKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spychanger W.A.R.S. Transformers RID Spy Changers complete WARS 2001 230821A"
Spychanger W.A.R.S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STORM JET Transformers Energon Combat complete Superion Maximus 2004 230427A"
STORM JET Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dgt3 key Hasbro 2006 231101A"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RUINATION Transformers RID Robots Disguise complete set Hasbro 2001 231208Q"
RUINATION Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON