This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

eBay now removing ALL KO auctions from listings

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

eBay now removing ALL KO auctions from listings

Postby First Gen » Fri May 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
A while back Seibertron.com site owner Seibertron reported that certain eBay auctions were being removed by HASBRO, Inc.. Now reports are coming in that eBay is removing all listings for knockoff Transformers put up for auction or buy it now sale.

Could this be HASBRO finally taking action against the KO problem that has infested the TF market for so long? Is this eBay taking action on their own to prevent the sale of possibly fraudulent items? Right now its anyone's guess.

Seibertron.com was first to bring you this information and will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: eBay now removing ALL KO auctions from listings

Postby Nekoman » Fri May 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Rock on Hasbro! It’s about time.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby Autobotic9 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Awww, I wanted that Mirage!
Skywarp is afraid of the creepy grey bar of ads.

A Terrifying...Terrorist. Silence! I kill you!
Autobotic9
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby Silverbolt » Fri May 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Shame I actually like collecting knockoffs that actually look like knockoffs. The clear tapes, and the 4 star seekers just as examples.

As long as it doesn't look like something Hasbro or Takara is releasing I'm fine with it.
Silverbolt
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Burn » Fri May 30, 2008 3:09 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
But how are they going to differentiate between a KO and an original?

At the moment the majority of those KO auctions list themselves as "reissues".

Now i'm in favour of this, however i'm curious as to how it will be handled because it may force some of these sellers to try to start passing them off as legit genuine figures.

And what of a seller who actually does have a genuine MISB G1 Gnaw for sale? Will he be mistaken?
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Fussion » Fri May 30, 2008 3:12 pm

About #@%&ing time! :DANCE: I am tired of all the BS KO's on Ebay :-x . My prayers have been answered! :PRAY: ;)^
Fussion
Minibot

Postby DavidT » Fri May 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
I don't know how I feel....

I've never bought any KO's off Ebay mainly cuz I didn't know the quality of the toy, but I have always been tempted to get KO Reissues of

Grimlock
Slag
Sludge
Swoop
Mirage
the Insecticons

I guess my choice was finally made for me.... oh well I strongly hope that they all find their way into the new Encore line, which is another reason I never bought any KO's. I missed out on the TFC Insecticons but I have no doubt they make it to Encore :grin:
Last edited by DavidT on Fri May 30, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Sledge » Fri May 30, 2008 3:24 pm

If this means Hasbro are going to sell the stuff that people have been buying, great. But they claim that half the molds are no longer viable, so how are people going to get that Mirage/Swoop/whatever?

Also, does this mean Hasbro will sort their distribution out properly? I wouldn't be considering buying a KO Alt Prowl if the figure had got a proper release in the UK.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Menbailee » Fri May 30, 2008 3:30 pm

My only problem here is that the immediate removal would apply to knockoffs advertised as such. In those cases, there's at least honesty, even if I'm not happy that knockoffs have become expensive attempts at lookalikes rather than cheap novelties. The unwanted side effect will be more knockoffs passed as genuine. The people who do this are the ones who need to be stopped!
Menbailee
Vehicon

Postby Seibertron » Fri May 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
And on that note, I bought the last clear KO Mirage that I've been wanting for a while. I'll need that to do the clear Binaltech gallery at some point. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-G1-Mir ... m153.l1262
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby Seibertron » Fri May 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sledge wrote:If this means Hasbro are going to sell the stuff that people have been buying, great. But they claim that half the molds are no longer viable, so how are people going to get that Mirage/Swoop/whatever?

Also, does this mean Hasbro will sort their distribution out properly? I wouldn't be considering buying a KO Alt Prowl if the figure had got a proper release in the UK.

Why can't you just buy an official Binaltech or Alternator Prowl on eBay instead of a knock off?
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby Scaleface » Fri May 30, 2008 3:34 pm

This might actually still be a bad thing for us collectors, because the knockoffs will still be listed on ebay, but the sellers will have to pretend the items are original. At least when they said it was a knockoff they were being honest sellers and we could bid for them accordingly. Now they'll have to sell the knockoff Mirages and Swoops as original! How does that help us collectors?

In fact I see a lot of ebay knockoff sellers who still have Swoops, Sludge and Mirages for sale. They are listed as "reissues", not knockoffs.

Besides, I love the knockoffs where they make changes to the original items. Like the red and gold Mirage, or the recently released gold chrome Smallest Starscream. He's lovely and Hasbro never made one, see attached.
Attachments
starscream-newchrome.jpg
Last edited by Scaleface on Fri May 30, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Burn » Fri May 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Scaleface wrote:This might actually still be a bad thing for us collectors, because the knockoffs will still be listed on ebay, but the sellers will have to pretend the items are original. At least when they said it was a knockoff they were being honest sellers and we could bid for them accordingly. Now they'll have to see the knockoff Mirages and Swoops as original to stay on ebay. How does that help us collectors?

In fact I see a lot of ebay knockoff sellers who still have Swoops, Sludge and Mirages for sale. They are listed as "reissues", not knockoffs.

My concerns exactly.

While I want to see KO's out of the market, I just feel it's going to force them to become more underhanded and people WILL be duped into thinking they're getting a genuine release.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Dread_Wing » Fri May 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Electro-Kinetic Blasters
I wonder how this will affect retailers? The Warehouse (NZ equivalent of Walmart, but not as big) has always stocked knockoffs. Right across from the Hasbro transformers a lot of the time.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby ponycorn » Fri May 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Menbailee wrote:My only problem here is that the immediate removal would apply to knockoffs advertised as such. In those cases, there's at least honesty, even if I'm not happy that knockoffs have become expensive attempts at lookalikes rather than cheap novelties. The unwanted side effect will be more knockoffs passed as genuine. The people who do this are the ones who need to be stopped!

Quite right!

Only the honest sellers are being punished. There's no way for Ebay to know if something is real or not, and the buyer will know even less than before, on account of sellers using creative word play to avoid the ban.

For those of us lucky enough to have a fleamarket nearby, we can still get our knockoff kick. I feel bad for those that don't though.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri May 30, 2008 3:42 pm

I like this news.

I don't care if KOs are sold, I just hate seeing them sold with the same name and price as something vintage or reissue.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Blackstreak » Fri May 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
A great part of me is :-P in this, but part of me is :-( . I picked up ghost versions of WST Thundercracker, Skywarp...well all of them save Starscream and Thrust and I love 'em. Well, Thundercracker's nosecone doesn't stay up in robot mode but their great! There are some KOs I will miss and there some that I would love to see DIE DIE DIE!! The really bad KOs to be specific. And your right the KOs who try pass themselves off as reissues are bad news.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby ponycorn » Fri May 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Scaleface wrote:Besides, I love the knockoffs where they make changes to the original items. Like the red and gold Mirage, or the recently released gold chrome Smallest Starscream. He's lovely and Hasbro never made one, see attached.

Lovely! :shock: I want one!

I wouldn't know where else to look but ebay. :-(
Last edited by ponycorn on Fri May 30, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Scaleface » Fri May 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Okay, here's a guide, if the toy looks like this, it's probably a knockoff.

Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Sunstar » Fri May 30, 2008 3:46 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I rather like knock offs, like the mini seekers or those WST Seekers.

This bites. I will have to look elsewhere to find those cool things that hasbro never does.
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri May 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Screw you hasbro. Half the KOs out there are never going to reissued. There goes trying to get a mirage or sixshot now. I understand the figures that are still in production but removing the ones that either had their mold "lost" or just cant be reissued is retarded.

I have an idea for the sellers. List them as gobots.
Last edited by Megatron Wolf on Fri May 30, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+

Postby DISCHARGE » Fri May 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Seibertron wrote:And on that note, I bought the last clear KO Mirage that I've been wanting for a while. I'll need that to do the clear Binaltech gallery at some point. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-G1-Mir ... m153.l1262

Wow! You overpaid. I paid $55 shipped. I really should have picked up the 5 piece set Spirit of Cybertron was selling, they wanted about $250 for the 5 piece set. Now I regret not getting the clear black/smoke and red diaclone versions of Mirage too(the quality isn't bad for mine at least.).

As far as I know ebay is about capitalism as much as the people selling on there. The listings for the most part list them as KO
so I don't see the problem of them being sold. Hasbro does have the right to protect their intellectual properties though, so I can see
to a degree why they would want to eliminate the ones in
G1 styled boxes. But, I don't get why they would care so much about
about some of the KO like the combiners like liokaiser on the
single card. I'm pretty confident that it may slow the KO producers down, but they may just move on to another sales/auction site.
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sunstar » Fri May 30, 2008 4:23 pm

in light of htis, I just went and quickly bought that KO mini Seeker Starscream I was wanting. It was Marked Knock Off and no shipping and for 15 bucks. SO, that's pretty good. really sucks since well, its because some of the figures are cute.
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Sunstar
Gestalt

Postby First Gen » Fri May 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Screw you hasbro. Half the KOs out there are never going to reissued. There goes trying to get a mirage or sixshot now. I understand the figures that are still in production but removing the ones that either had their mold "lost" or just cant be reissued is retarded.

I have an idea for the sellers. List them as gobots.

KO's have been selling for years. If you haven't got what you want by now thats your own fault.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8

Postby Sunstar » Fri May 30, 2008 4:29 pm

well that's a bit harsh as some of the more recent reproductions or knock offs are not of things made way back when, ie the mini-seekers. Not WST but the ones between them and the big guys
Sunstar
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220491 14B (CA) Chi"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #5 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B 1223IM260 (CA) Ortiz"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220506 16RI (CA) Stone"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #65 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (CA) Sienkiewicz 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 FEB210479 30A (CA) Simeone (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot LCSD IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr C Cliffjumper Image Comics 2023 1123IM825 (CA)Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210483 3B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON