This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available

Postby First Gen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Mandingo Rex of TFormers.com has just updated a thread in which he shows us high resolution pictures of a printable Teletraan-1 display set and the Autobot Ark interior. Mandigo Rex has been working on this project for about a year or so and has finally given us links to access his awesome creation.

As evident by the pictures, this model was designed to be in scale with Transformers Alternators figures. Mandingo Rex does state that you can scale down the pictures for any other series also.

To view the high resolution, downloadable pictures, click here.

To view the complete original thread on this, click here.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available

Postby JesWal » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Motto: "I aim to misbehave."
Weapon: Electro-Magnetic Rocket Launcher
Sweet! Im also diggin the custom alternators!
JesWal
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Nekoman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Saw this earlier.

Too bad my printer’s out of color though. :-x
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby thedistinctroom » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Motto: "Will it blend?"
Weapon: Acid Rays
Beauty is a rare thing. I've got to print and build this asap! Very much appreciated.
thedistinctroom
Gestalt Team Leader
Alt Mode: Giant Sombrero
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 1
Courage: ???
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby mandingo_rex » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Wow, didn't expect this to be posted as news! Haha.

Thanks guys, it's actually that the designs are done, the final high-res files have yet to be finalized for print...

So the ones you see on the site are only test proofs, I've recently color corrected them to match the Ark panels (the Ark panels ARE done, and ready for printing on 11x17).

The Teletraan-I unit is pretty much done, design-wise... I'm still waiting to print it out and assemble it all together. I've been super busy these last few weeks, but I hope to get the final high-res files available within the week.

Sami (SamiWCP) is helping me test the prints to make sure everything lines up, I actually don't have full access to my work plotters for a few days. Right now, the design files allow it to be printed at 30" tall, at max size, but that's a tad big I realized. I intended it for MP/Alternator scale at the largest, went a TAD big.
mandingo_rex
Mini-Con

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:38 pm

This stuff looks so good it looks fake!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby First Gen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:58 pm

mandingo_rex wrote:Wow, didn't expect this to be posted as news! Haha.

Thanks guys, it's actually that the designs are done, the final high-res files have yet to be finalized for print...

So the ones you see on the site are only test proofs, I've recently color corrected them to match the Ark panels (the Ark panels ARE done, and ready for printing on 11x17).

The Teletraan-I unit is pretty much done, design-wise... I'm still waiting to print it out and assemble it all together. I've been super busy these last few weeks, but I hope to get the final high-res files available within the week.

Sami (SamiWCP) is helping me test the prints to make sure everything lines up, I actually don't have full access to my work plotters for a few days. Right now, the design files allow it to be printed at 30" tall, at max size, but that's a tad big I realized. I intended it for MP/Alternator scale at the largest, went a TAD big.

This thing is so purely awesome I had to news it. It's beautiful, it's what the fans want and you're not charging for it. Thats a story!

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Dread_Wing » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:04 pm

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Electro-Kinetic Blasters
That is a gorgeous piece of work, if I can work out how to scale it down to Classics/G1 size I am there! Impressive job, and I like the Alternators too, there are not enough good Ironhide figures floating around.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby DMSL » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
WOW awesome im gonna try to get one for my alts/MP's and G1's. Great work dude!
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby soundwave13c » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Motto: "Cake is a lie, toast solves problems, and everyone loves pie!"
Weapon: Static Laser Gun
i am so building this!!!!

its a great display case too :grin:
soundwave13c
Combiner
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10+

Postby mandingo_rex » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:39 pm

Hey guys, I have new files posted with slight edits. Check the original post for updates.

Thanks guys! By the way, the custom Alts use Valkfan's heads, but sadly I just lost them recently in a fire. They were my favorites!
Last edited by mandingo_rex on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mandingo_rex
Mini-Con

Postby First Gen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:43 pm

mandingo_rex wrote:http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ark/MID-RES/

Here's the temporary low-resolution images. The high-res files are just too big for now, I hope the traffic doesn't cripple my site.

They have been color corrected to match the Ark plates, and scaled down slightly. They're 200dpi and should still work well for a 24" tall unit, if people so desire.

I'm not promising that everything lines up just yet, but keep checking the original thread for updates.

Thanks guys! By the way, the custom Alts use Valkfan's heads, but sadly I just lost them recently in a fire. They were my favorites!

Ah yes. I'll be heading over to Staples for some heavy weight paper tonight. Just amazing.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby TFGnome » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Motto: "manipulation trumps skill"
Weapon: Big Cannon
holy wow, i plan on building a form to paste this to and cover it in a clear coat, i will have teletraan.
TFGnome
Minibot
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:34 pm

That is one hell of a cool addition, the detailing is fantastic!
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:03 pm

If I were going to print it, I'd want to do it on some cardstock at a print shop.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby alf the explorer » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Motto: "Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement."
Weapon: X-Ray Laser
Great work! I might just have to download these when they are all finished.
To late, and to their sorrow do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate.
Judge Bergan final fantasy 12

Like a pheonix I have risen from the flames, and into my fire you will fall. The Shredder from TMNT

"War is Hell and I'm the devil." Halo Wars

"When you go home, Tell them of us and say: That for your tomorrow, We gave our today." India,Kohima War Memorial
alf the explorer
Mini-Con

Postby skyrinkfusion » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:35 pm

yea, same here, good quality cardstock would be necessary here...and also though it may seem to be free, this print out is gonna use up a heck of a lot of ink, maybe a full cartridge or two
skyrinkfusion
Micromaster

Postby Wheeljack35 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:41 pm

FRAC I don't have a working printer :(
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Maldroth » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:24 pm

I wonder if some sort of arrangement can be made with Seibertron.com to host the finished files? Would bring some traffic to download the files.

The panels would also be nice to tint purple for some Nemesis backgrounds for decepticon displays.

Excellent work man!
Maldroth
Headmaster Jr

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:55 pm

skyrinkfusion wrote:yea, same here, good quality cardstock would be necessary here...and also though it may seem to be free, this print out is gonna use up a heck of a lot of ink, maybe a full cartridge or two

Which is why it would be vastly cheaper to print it up at some sort of print shop, where they have industrial gear.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby QuintessonWarlord » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:17 pm

i have a question i want to make one of these for my G1 Prime to stand next to and look pretty size accurate.

i will be taking these to Kin --- i mean a 'print shop'---- but how big should i tell them to print it as............???

i am horrible with computer lingo, so please answer so us retards can tell those people what to print with as little talkin/embarrassment as possible? thanks!!!!!!!!

by the way, awesome artwork, details, like the SkySpy uplink!
QuintessonWarlord
Mini-Con

Postby mandingo_rex » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Hey guys,

thanks for all the kind words. As a matter of fact, the whole thing fits together just great, I just did a half-scale paper model and everything lines up EXCEPT the center console (the pronged bottom half).

I will have it fixed by end of day tomorrow, if everything goes as planned. I actually managed to get all the body lines to match up, but somehow my math was wrong and it sticks over the "keyboard" area WAY too much.

Apologies, I'll actually replace that file on my server once it's done. The rest can be assembled just fine. It may take a few edits, but the edges all lined up perfectly for me.

You must use a foam core board to mount it to or thicker stock to print it on, because the sheer weight of it makes regular paper terrible to deal with (I only used it to test everything lining up).

I'll try and help folks out later with any printing issues, bear with me.
mandingo_rex
Mini-Con

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:47 pm

mandingo_rex wrote:Hey guys,

thanks for all the kind words. As a matter of fact, the whole thing fits together just great, I just did a half-scale paper model and everything lines up EXCEPT the center console (the pronged bottom half).

I will have it fixed by end of day tomorrow, if everything goes as planned. I actually managed to get all the body lines to match up, but somehow my math was wrong and it sticks over the "keyboard" area WAY too much.

Apologies, I'll actually replace that file on my server once it's done. The rest can be assembled just fine. It may take a few edits, but the edges all lined up perfectly for me.

You must use a foam core board to mount it to or thicker stock to print it on, because the sheer weight of it makes regular paper terrible to deal with (I only used it to test everything lining up).

I'll try and help folks out later with any printing issues, bear with me.

Looking forward to it.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby olokin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:52 am

Look at the detail on that image. That is some awesome work.
olokin
City Commander

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars WAR BOUNTY HUNTERS #3 var trading card Marvel Comics 2021 (CA)Cassaday"
Star Wars WAR BOUN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics Disney JUN230687 9I Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC ADVENTURES #7 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 7RI (CA) Kyriazis"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK HOLO-WEEN #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 AUG231396 2A (CA) Francavilla"
STAR TREK HOLO-WEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars CRIMSON REIGN #2 var 1:25 card Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210955 (CA) Lopez"
Star Wars CRIMSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr E Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230516 5E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HYPERSPACE STORIES #6 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics MAR239014 6A (CA) Fowler"
Star Wars HYPERSPA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #2 Cvr A IDW Comics FEB231491 2A (A/CA) Unzueta (W)Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr U FOC Dynamite Comics Disney FEB238440 5U (CA) Lauricella"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr U ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HAN SOLO CHEWBACCA #5 Marvel Comics 2022 MAY221003 (CA) Noto"
Star Wars HAN SOLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr M 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230555 8M (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #9 Cvr D RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 APR231575 9D 9RI (CA) Feehan"
STAR TREK #9 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #4 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JAN230642 4E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #4 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars High Republic TRAIL OF SHADOWS #2 var Marvel Comics 2021 SEP211002"
Star Wars High Rep ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON