This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Movie Displays Spotted in Florida

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers Movie Displays Spotted in Florida

Postby Skowl » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:03 pm

Omegawrath of Seibertron.com has reported seeing signs and displays for the Transformers Movie in a Wal-Mart in Melbourne, Florida. Here's what Omegawrath wrote:

Omegawrath wrote:I was in a Wal-Mart in Melbourne, Florida early this morning.
These are the pics I got. No toys to be found.

I apologilize for the quality of the pics. All I had was my cell phone with me.

Nice close-up of Jazz's mug though. He's got the same type of runes on his helmet's edge that you can see on
Megatron and Optimus in the official posters.

Enjoy them.

Last edited by Skowl on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby manas » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:07 pm

That's 100% Jazz to me.
manas
Mini-Con

Postby Bouncy X » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:09 pm

what the hell is up with "autobot jazz" ? how come some characters have autobot or decepticon before their name as if its their name while others, like bumblebee and prime dont?

its stupidly annoying..lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby First-Aid » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:12 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Is that the firsts look we've gotten at Jazz's face up close? I like it...definitely speaks "Jazz" to me...

As for the Autobot Jazz...it's a trademark thing...nothing Hasbro can do about it...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby jazzman1006 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:16 pm

That really does look like a great "updated" look for Jazz. These are the most complete views of his head and he looks really good. If Megs and Starscream were more in line with the past looks of the characters, Bay may have gotten a pass from the fans.
jazzman1006
Mini-Con

Postby Omegawrath » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:29 pm

Of the designs I've seen so far, Jazz is the only one that doesn't disgust me.

Well, I'm on the fence about Prime.

Oh, and the runes are on his cheek, not his helmet.

My mistake.
Omegawrath
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Bouncy X » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:34 pm

First-Aid wrote:As for the Autobot Jazz...it's a trademark thing...nothing Hasbro can do about it...

yeah but why is it only certain characters that have their faction before the name? either they should all have it or none at all.... i mean are they gonna call him autobot jazz in the movie? lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Windracer » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:35 pm

Motto: "There's no relief in bitterness, may as well let it die."
Weapon: Electric Cannon
Dude, I dig Jazz. I just wish his chin were a little more boxed and less pointed... it'd make him look "older", or at least less bishonen... if that makes sense. ._.
GW2: Caitmonster.9036 (Tarnished Coast / NA)
Burn's still a butt. <3
Windracer
Pretender
Alt Mode: Dragon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby MaikeruSama » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:55 pm

Bouncy X wrote:what the hell is up with "autobot jazz" ? how come some characters have autobot or decepticon before their name as if its their name while others, like bumblebee and prime dont?

its stupidly annoying..lol

Its trade mark issue the couldnt get the names of the original so they added it to make it legal
MaikeruSama
Vehicon

Postby Skowl » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:57 pm

I've been noticing something strange about Jazz... it's very subtle, but I'll try to explain it.

He seems to have a different head everytime we see him, and I think the version of him with "eyes" has been scrapped in favour of keeping his visor down at all times.

Look at this collage here. On the top right is a segment of the "concept art" that was leaked on eBay that day, along with the art for just about every other movie character. To the left of the auction pic is an image of what is labelled as his "Standard Mode" head, taken from the cover of one of those "I Can Read" books and under the auction pic is the boxart from the toy, labelled "Battle Mode". If you look closely to the section taken from the concept art auction, you can see that both of these match up the way they are supposed to.

The new image on the left is of the Jazz display that Omegawrath found. Notice that the head there doesn't quite match the other two. For example, the visor is pointy at the end of the newer pic, where the "Battle Mode" on the toy has a rounded visor. The "ears" on the "Battle Mode" are much larger and "fuller", so it's pretty clear that the head seen in the new pic of the toy display is not his battle mode. The problem is, it doesn't seem to be his "Standard Mode" either...

...or is it?

Take a look again at the new toy display pic, and the old cover of the "I Can Read" book with the visor-less Jazz:

It's the exact same stock photo. Same pose. Same everything - the only thing that makes it difficult to see is the angle that the new pic was taken. But for me, it's clear that this is the exact same stock photo, the only difference is that Jazz has his visor now... why change it?

So does that mean that Jazz will have his visor for the whole movie? I have no idea... but it is weird. One way to find out would be to get a good close-up of the Jazz figure. If it has the rounded visors and larger "mouth vents" of the labelled "Battle Mode" that won't tell us much. But if it has the pointy visor, with the more straight mouth thing, then I'll start thinking that maybe Jazz's head was changed in favour of a visor instead of "eyes".
Last edited by Skowl on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:10 pm

Jazz looks cool, but the BabyBumble face is just disturbing.

And Dude, thats an amazimg observation, but, dam!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:18 pm

nice.
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper

Postby Ericus Prime » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:21 pm

Now that's the Jazz we remember (sort of), I think this movie's gonna be good. As for what Skowl said, it gives me a headache thinking about it.
Ericus Prime
Fuzor

Postby Omegawrath » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:27 pm

Regarding SKowl's post:

Yes, that is indeed the same stock pose for the body. I didn't bother with trying to get another pic because I knew we had already seen more of the body than the display showed.

As for Jazz's appearance, my guess is that this is the final fruit of Hasbro trying to appease both the G1 purists and the movie production crew.

The happy medium.

I DO wonder how we'll see him in the film. Maybe he just sees that humans wear shades and decides to pimp his visor human style.
Omegawrath
Mini-Con

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:33 pm

you all know that those are printed on the back of all the Spidey 3 displays at all the wal-marts right now, right?

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby jonusjaxon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:40 pm

Jazz looks cool but his toy looks like doodoo.
jonusjaxon
Minibot

Postby guara » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:10 pm

Whoa~ Is that Jazz smiling?
guara
Mini-Con

Postby Barricade » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:18 pm

Motto: ""to punish and enslave...""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
i hope the stupid "NO HABLO INGLES" ladies THAT I WORK WITH AT MY STORE AND GET YELLED AT FOR ALWAYS PUTTING STUF OUT EARLY CAUSE THEY dont know what "do not put on shelves until "enter date here"" MEANS get some movie toys in and put them right on the shelves...... i'll snatch them up like rims at a 50 cent concert 8)
Last edited by Barricade on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barricade
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby TheMuffin » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:20 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:you all know that those are printed on the back of all the Spidey 3 displays at all the wal-marts right now, right?

Even more reason for me to steal a couple.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby jgilkinson » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:36 pm

finally a close up of jazzs face.... man he looks good
jgilkinson
Pretender

Postby Omegawrath » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:41 pm

Cujo wrote:i hope the stupid hispanic ladies that dont know wht "do not put on shelves until "enter date here"" get some movie toys in and put them right on the shelves...... i'll snatch them up
That's not funny.
Omegawrath
Mini-Con

Postby Barricade » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:43 pm

Omegawrath wrote:
Cujo wrote:i hope the stupid hispanic ladies that dont know wht "do not put on shelves until "enter date here"" get some movie toys in and put them right on the shelves...... i'll snatch them up
That's not funny.
if you knew the history of them and me on this site then you would think it is but i will edit it for you

edit here i'll update it even further for you
Last edited by Barricade on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barricade
Godmaster

Postby Omegawrath » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:45 pm

Cujo wrote:
Omegawrath wrote:
That's not funny.
if you knew the history of them and me on this site then you would think it is but i will edit it for you
No need.

I'll trust you.
Omegawrath
Mini-Con

Postby Rally Racer » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:48 pm

You know, I'm gonna say it, but I think Bumblebee is looking adorable. He looks like a little cartoon character, or something. Look at his big eyes!

But he's nowhere as good looking as Jazz. Too hot to handle!
Rally Racer
Micromaster

Postby Barricade » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:54 pm

Omegawrath wrote:
Cujo wrote:
Omegawrath wrote:
That's not funny.
No need.

I'll trust you.
i'll give you an example: spiderman 3 toys were on shelves on january 31st 8)
Barricade
Godmaster

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON