This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Comics Releases for April 25th

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Comics Releases for April 25th

Postby Hotrod » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:55 pm

IDW has update their New Releases Section with their April 25th releases. There are two comics due out on April 25th, Transformers Spotlight: KUP and Transformers: Balancing Act. IDW has also posted five page previews for both books. Go to IDW's New Releases Section for a sneak peak at Transformers Spotlight: KUP and Transformers: Balancing Act.
Last edited by Hotrod on Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:13 pm

SO Kup finally gets released, and the Botcon comics are released.
Balancing Act is a TPB isnt it?
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby JazZeke » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:16 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Must get that Vector Prime comic!
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:05 pm

i'm totally psyched about the Kup spotlight. however, i believe that releasing a club exclusive comic to the general public like this defeats the purpose of it being an exclusive item in the first place. wish hasbro did the same thing with the damned botcon toys, though...

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:12 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:i believe that releasing a club exclusive comic to the general public like this defeats the purpose of it being an exclusive item in the first place. wish hasbro did the same thing with the damned botcon toys, though...

Well, they did it with the comic. And no one bitched about that.

Personally, I'm happy that IDW is putting out the Club comic. It's the only way I'd have been able to get it.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Roboto750 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:22 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:i believe that releasing a club exclusive comic to the general public like this defeats the purpose of it being an exclusive item in the first place. wish hasbro did the same thing with the damned botcon toys, though...

Well, they did it with the comic. And no one bitched about that.

Personally, I'm happy that IDW is putting out the Club comic. It's the only way I'd have been able to get it.

I got the clun comic through the club, and I'm fine with this. After all, we got it in an exclusive format and way before everyone else. Plus, I like having all of the issues collected in one volume, as they are releasing it! :D

Plus, I can't wait for Kup! :D
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Fang Wolf » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:45 pm

Must get Kup, more post Movie character G1 goodness.
Fang Wolf
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Hanch Prime » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:48 pm

did the soundwave spotlight comic come out yet? I haven't seen it yet. if it came out then I missed it. some one let me know if I need to go find it.
Hanch Prime
Micromaster

Postby JazZeke » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:27 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Soundwave came out last month.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby jgilkinson » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:36 pm

Balancing Act looks great, love the art and story looks promising
jgilkinson
Pretender

Postby Leonardo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:31 am

Why aren't there any caps or speech bubbles on the "Balancing Act" pages?

And, by the by, does anyone know the story? I see a plethora of generations / universes here!
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Hairball178 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:47 am

That second-to-last page of Balancing Act was a jaw-dropper.

"Good old Outback"...ya rotting corpse.
Hairball178
Combiner

Postby NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:16 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
I bought both.

I really didn't like Kup at all.

Balencing Act was okay, but it just seemed so......conveluted.

Too many characters just popping in and out.
NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Leonardo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:29 am

I picked up "Balancing Act" and was disappointed. It was, as said above, terribly convoluted and I lost interest in it quite quickly. I didn't feel very cohesive at all.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Roboto750 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:46 pm

Leonardo wrote:I picked up "Balancing Act" and was disappointed. It was, as said above, terribly convoluted and I lost interest in it quite quickly. I didn't feel very cohesive at all.

I agree. I only received the last few parts of the comic via the club (I joined up late), so I didn't know what to fully expect. If it was longer, or had less characters, or something, it may have been better. Sadly, the classic comic isn't much better so far...
Roboto750
Headmaster

Postby Leonardo » Tue May 01, 2007 6:05 am

Roboto750 wrote:
Leonardo wrote:I picked up "Balancing Act" and was disappointed. It was, as said above, terribly convoluted and I lost interest in it quite quickly. I didn't feel very cohesive at all.

I agree. I only received the last few parts of the comic via the club (I joined up late), so I didn't know what to fully expect. If it was longer, or had less characters, or something, it may have been better. Sadly, the classic comic isn't much better so far...

How does Classics Megatron look in comic form?
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Roboto750 » Tue May 01, 2007 2:06 pm

Leonardo wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:

How does Classics Megatron look in comic form?

He doesn't look all that bad, as far as art work is concerned. Character wise, he seems a little dull (not much going on yet), though he does seem to be the same Megs from the G1 cartoon (yes, I know this is supposed to take place in the Marvel universe).
Roboto750
Headmaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mini-Con DUALOR Transformers Armada complete 2002 Destruction Team 190613a"
Mini-Con DUALOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427B"
NEW!
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRT BOSS Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d3h7 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
NEW!
DIRT BOSS Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESTRUCTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
NEW!
DESTRUCTION MINI-C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SEA MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
NEW!
SEA MINI-CON TEAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Keychain Flashlight Transformers Armada Hasbro 2004 230719A"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIME Keyc ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OLDER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 game cartridge"
GAME OLDER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIGNAL FLARE Transformers Energon Class complete Hasbro 2004 230427A"
SIGNAL FLARE Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERHAUL Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s9d7 2005 231102A"
NEW!
OVERHAUL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER X-BRAWN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise complete 2001 230830A"
SUPER X-BRAWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
NEW!
JETFIRE Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON