This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:35 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Taking a lead from the Dark Knight's success with using Imax cameras to enhance certain scenes when viewed in an Imax theater, Michael Bay is said to be following suit based on an article in Variety...

"Michael Bay will film at least three action setpieces using IMAX cameras for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which is lensing."

And a quote from Michael Bay:
"The extraordinary level of detail and intensity captured by the IMAX camera creates many exciting possibilities for us with this film. IMAX’s all-encompassing format will take this story to a new level, and I am once again very excited to share The IMAX Experience with Transformers fans around the world."

Sounds like we may be in for some very epic robot battles being presented on the big screen next June!

You can read the whole article here.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:20 am

Sweet. I'm really looking forward to this movie and can't wait to see a teaser in a couple of months.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Zeds » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:36 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Saw the TFM1 in IMAX and it was 100% better viewing IMHO. This is great news!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby dragons » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 am

ive seen the dark knight in theaters and just found out that some scenes where filmed in imax for some action scenes i couldnt tell the differnce it looked the same as anyother filme in picture quality.

go for it bay if you want to do it all for it i wont be able to tell the imax scenes apart from the original whn i see it in theaters
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby dabattousai » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:25 pm

Another reason to spend $12.50 at the theaters.
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby Senor Hugo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:27 pm

Senor Hugo
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Keeperofthespark » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:59 pm

I think the explosions are going to be great, but I don't think the movie will suck.

Are you implying that you will see it IMAX SH? I thought you hated the first and don't like Bay. Or am I wrong on those counts? Just asking since you only posted a Robot Chicken parody.
Keeperofthespark
Fuzor

Postby Senor Hugo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 pm

If there was an Imax theater within driving distance, I'd seen any movie that came out in IMax.

But the parody was meant to show only what will be filmed using Imax footage, explosions and a random Transformer.

To clarify I didn't hate the first, there was just a hell of a lot of room for improvement in the first. Bay stretched a bit too far in the first movie, giving us a C-grade sci-fi movie and a B-grade action film.

That and his last really good film that had a damned good script to go with it was The Rock
Senor Hugo
Gestalt

Postby Keeperofthespark » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:57 pm

I know what was the intention of the parody you showed. No need to go into detail of that.

..giving us a C-grade scifi movie and a B-grade action movie.

I'd dsiagree with those grades personally. The scifi level wasn't high and it wasn't hard, but it was light and a good light scifi story at that. I also thought for an action movie level was higher than a B-, but then again I'm not good at picking grades. If anything I'm good at rating something from a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it an 8. I would agree that it could've been better and that there are some things to deliver now since they can now expand on things, but I, again, thought it was solid enough.

And no, I didn't "shut my brian off" to enjoy it. I have to like a movie as a whole, an action set peice or some eye candy camera movement doesn't do the trick for me. Die Another Day has plenty of those, and I despise it and I'm not a huge James Bond fanatic.

That and his last really good film that had a damned good script to go with was The Rock.

The Rock was a very good film, but I've liked more than just The Rock in Bay's filmography. But I personally think Transformers was a really good movie, not great but a very good movie. It didn't have the best script in the world and it won't win any awards, but it was solid enough.
Keeperofthespark
Fuzor

Postby Senor Hugo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:01 pm

I actually meant it was a C Grade and B grade, not C- or B-, just ended up separating them with a dash.

As for the movie itself, I'm hoping, at least for me, that TF just suffered from 1st Movie Syndrome, like what Spider-man, Hulk, and X-men was afflicted by with their first movies(the second ones were a lot better). So that now that the majority of the characters have been introduced, they can take more time on characterization, introduce a better Sci-fi element and mix it well with the action.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt

Postby Keeperofthespark » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:56 pm

My bad, and I'm sorry if I came off a little too defensive SHugo.

Well the first one was the introduction movie, so yes it was first movie syndrome. I do hope that the sequel will be better though. But I'm sure it will, the writers have said that they felt the first was a bit light especially for the sicfi matter and the rumored storyline with Sam does sound a little more heavier than Spielberg's concept of a boy and his car. The writers and Bay have gone onr ecord that they've rewritten the script alot and wnat to give mroe deph to the characters, which is a good idea becuase now they can expand, the first one was a fast and tot he point movie. But I'm sure you've read this and that so no need to go into elaboration of this, right?
Keeperofthespark
Fuzor

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "1 Step Changer BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
1 Step Changer BUM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 211103A"
Happy Meal OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKE BUMBLEBEE Transformers Prime Disguise Deluxe complete 2012 230615A"
SHADOW STRIKE BUMB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Keychain Flashlight Transformers Armada Hasbro 2004 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Keyc ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Heroes of Cybertron POWERMASTER OPTIMUS PRIME SPARK ATTACK Transformers HOC New"
Heroes of Cybertro ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "B-127 Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 70 pcs Trumpeter 2023 New"
B-127 Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of BUMBLEBEE #1 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221658 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "World's Smallest Transformers BUMBLEBEE 1.25" Micro Action Figure Authentic New"
World's Smallest T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON