This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Cover to Botcon's "Timelines" summer special!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:23 pm

If they wanted to make the ship that all the formers seem to be falling out of into a toy, they could use Movie Icicle Megatron...

Springer was always a Helicopter with an added car mode to me, so it would be kind of sad to see him go all car mode (although the mould is a decent one)
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Fireblast » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:35 pm

Thank you for not putting another nail in the Transformers coffin Hasbro. Wait, chances are I may never get to read the comic or get Botcon toys.
Fireblast
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby Jaw Crusher » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:17 pm

Weapon: Mace
Ultra Prime wrote:I'd have to agree with the popular guesses.
Elita-1 = Thunderblast mold with retooling
Huffer = C. Armorhide mold with relooling
Springer = I just can't tell from the cover.

But I would also be suspect of these three being some of the convention exclusives that you have to be present to get.

Yeah, I know, that's the thing I dislike the most about the Botcon exclusives - I haven't had any problem getting the five-figure sets, but I still wanted Megatron (from last year) and Ratchet (from the year prior).

I want an Elita-1 figure, dammit.
I got yer new Captain America right here!

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jaw Crusher
Combiner
Alt Mode: Land Shark
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Spooner » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:43 pm

"Most popular"? If Hasbro knows this, then they must have more planned, right? Right?
Spooner
Minibot

Postby Ultra Prime » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:10 am

Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Jaw Crusher wrote:
Ultra Prime wrote:I'd have to agree with the popular guesses.
Elita-1 = Thunderblast mold with retooling
Huffer = C. Armorhide mold with relooling
Springer = I just can't tell from the cover.

But I would also be suspect of these three being some of the convention exclusives that you have to be present to get.

Yeah, I know, that's the thing I dislike the most about the Botcon exclusives - I haven't had any problem getting the five-figure sets, but I still wanted Megatron (from last year) and Ratchet (from the year prior).

I want an Elita-1 figure, dammit.

That is precisely the boat I'm in. I can afford the 5-figure exclusive set but not to be able to go to Botcon. It kind of sucks but I'll live. :?
Collection Count: Just enough G1 & Classics to make this look good!
Ultra Prime
Headmaster Jr
Buy from Ultra Prime on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Scaleface wrote:I don't like the idea of CD Scattorshot as Springer. I'd rather go with Energon Bulkhead. The helicopter mode is more important to me than the jet car.

WEll Energon Bulkhead is already so close to a Springer look alike...

This seems interesting though, but that stubby knife for CD Hot Shot is going to be his sweet sword...Nope.

Magnus does indeed look very Gundam like in the head.

If you think back, HASBRO just re-upped in the Elita-1 name being able to be used, so it would make sense that this is her based on them getting the license to use the name...and the obvious resemblance of her to the G1 cartoon version.

And Slag was the other at the same time... :-? :???:

If these were con exclusives, they would be cool (Huffer, Elita-1, and Springer), but I'm still hoping for Drag Strip somewhere.

BTW these do not have to be con exclusives just because they have familiar Cybertron toy molds used. Last year's comic, had many familiar toy Cybertron molds used that were not produced as con exclusives.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
bobpiecheese wrote:Let's see...based on what I know, we've got:

-Magnus (duh)
-Elita-1 (Cyb. Thunderblast retool)
-Springer (best bet: Def. Hot Shot)
-Grimlock (duh)
-Huffer (Cyb. Armorhide)
-Strongarm
-Swoop
-Some other guy

That other guy could be anyone. Looks like a good line-up of exclusives to me.

You sig amuses me.

We should have 'noob' sponsoring programs with the influx of new people from the movie.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Jaz-Zen » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:29 pm

The artist, Alex Milne, says here...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/539 ... n%3Ascraps

...that the "unknown" guy right above Magnus is actually Action Master Snarl. Why the promoters of botcon wanted that character used, he doesn't say. If I had to guess, I would say that Snarl will have a new figure at some point in the future, its just not ready yet.

As for the figures themselves, if I could buy Elita-1 and Springer, I would buy them in a second!
Jaz-Zen
Fuzor

Postby Brakethrough » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:41 pm

Nice, nice, nice. Getting ever closer to a full team of Wreckers! I do miss Springer's helicopterness, but this form will give him more of a...command presence.
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby City Commander » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:16 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
It better bloody not
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Scaleface » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:08 am

We'll have to see a better picture of Timelines/Classic Springer, but I know it looks great with an Evac mold and a new head, this custom looks great. Of course Classic Whirl is already Evac, and maybe they don't want to over-do the mold reuse.
Attachments
springer-custom.jpg
springer-custom.jpg (102.31 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
springer-custom2.jpg
springer-custom2.jpg (36.87 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
Last edited by Scaleface on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:38 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Scaleface wrote:We'll have to see a better picture of Timelines/Classic Springer, but I know it looks great with an Evac mold and a new head, this custom looks great.

Very nice! 8)
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Scaleface » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:03 am

So to complete the Autobot Triplechanger tributes, Tidal Wave as Broadside and Energon Cliffjumper as Sandstorm?

http://pcwr.kt.fc2.com/top10/log163.htm
Attachments
top163.jpg
top163.jpg (114.04 KiB) Viewed 2685 times
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Elita One » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:58 pm

Motto: "I will chop your head off!- Axe Cop"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I gotta get me that Elita 1 fig. But since going to Botcon is not a realistic option for me,I wonder if someone here could take pity on me and get her for me. Pretty please? I don't have an Ebay account but have the $ for her.
DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.
http://www.****.tumblr.com
Elita One
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Watch Elita One on YouTube
Buy from Elita One on eBay

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220545 1E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #3 Cvr F 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 3E GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Usagi Yojimbo LONE GOAT AND KID #6 IDW Comics 2022 APR221602 (CA) Petersen"
Usagi Yojimbo LONE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #142 Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics MAY231415 142C Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Gonzo"
TMNT #142 Cvr C 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2B SEP230273 GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr E Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230391 4E (CA) Clarke"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Directors Cut IDW Comics SEP231321 (CA) Pe (W)Chittock"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #2 Cvr I 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2I GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220386 3D (CA) Rivera"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #6 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 DEC221441 6B (CA) Sanchez"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST DAY SPECIAL #1 Cvr C IDW Comics FEB231512 1C (CA) Beals"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230278 3A (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr K 1:20 video packaging Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220551 1K"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr K ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #134 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221727 134RI Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #134 RI 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON