This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Four Years Later - Universe Seacons Now Arriving!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Four Years Later - Universe Seacons Now Arriving!

Postby Skowl » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:16 pm

Many users are now reporting that - after a four year long wait - the highly-anticipated Transformers Club exclusive Seacon sets are finally arriving. The repainted G1 figures had originally been announced as a Wal-Mart exclusive for original Transformers Universe line in August 2004, during the Official Transformers Collectors' Club Convention, but the set had been shelved due to lack of retailer interest and its fate had been uncertain for years. Now, thanks to the persistance of the folks at Hasbro and the TFCC, the set has finally been made available to fans via the Club's online store.

Visit the Club's official site to order your own set by clicking here.

And for galleries of the original Generation 1 Seacons, visit the Seibertron.com gallery here or see photos of the Beast Wars II Seacon repaints here.

Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re: Four Years Later - Universe Seacons Now Arriving!

Postby Zeds » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:57 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Sweet. Can't wait for them to arrive even though I will have to pay 13% customs duties to get them!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:12 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sweet. I pre-ordered a week and a half ago so i hope that i get them. To bad its a christmas present. but ive been waiting my hole life to get these guys so whats a few more months right?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby capellamusic » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:28 pm

Motto: "Sex, food and rock'n'roll"
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Since they have the molds I wonder if Takara Tomy would release these set in their G1 colors in the Encore series. BTW, any word on the next Encore release? Metroplex was already released and I haven't read anything about more figures announced...
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
Megatron: Hmm... a free natural air conditioning system?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Buy from capellamusic on eBay
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby El Duque » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:19 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I'm still a little confused. I ordered and the Seacons and Nightbeat, are only the Seacons shipping right now? I've seen no mention of Nightbeat. Do those of us who ordered both have to wait until both are in before the order is shipped. I know that TFCC took a poll to see if fans would rather pay for seperate shipping to get one or the other faster or wait till both were in a just pay for shipping once.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Bumblebeast » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:43 pm

Many users are now reporting that - after a four year long wait

I don't want them anymore.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby astrobard » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:54 pm

piranacon!!!!!

i want! :(
astrobard
Mini-Con

Postby Ninja Boy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:53 am

Motto: "There is no such thing as a person who does not like beer, there are only those who have not yet tried the beer they like."
I just got mine via FedEx today!!! The instructions leave something to be desired and there are no stickers??!!? And typical of TF toys, the instructions don't match the box art and some of the pictures on the box have the toys transformed incorrectly. A nice piece overall. Anyone else considering getting a set of stickers from reprolabels and putting on this club exclusive?
Ninja Boy
Mini-Con
Buy from Ninja Boy on eBay

Postby capellamusic » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:32 pm

Motto: "Sex, food and rock'n'roll"
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Ninja Boy wrote:I just got mine via FedEx today!!! The instructions leave something to be desired and there are no stickers??!!? And typical of TF toys, the instructions don't match the box art and some of the pictures on the box have the toys transformed incorrectly. A nice piece overall. Anyone else considering getting a set of stickers from reprolabels and putting on this club exclusive?

I definitely would, but I didn't buy and won't buy the set... only if they release it on the original colors (e.g. in the Encore line it would be cool).
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
Megatron: Hmm... a free natural air conditioning system?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr
Buy from capellamusic on eBay
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Courage: 4
Skill: 9

Postby -Genocide- » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:13 pm

I just got an email saying it was delivered. I have to wait till this weekend to go home and open it, along with my SDCC Nemisis Prime. I'm so excited!!
-Genocide-
Mini-Con

Postby barricade2218 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Motto: "To punish and enslave..."
Got my set today, along with the Fed Ex e-mail that they were in shipment. Well worth the wait.
barricade2218
Combiner
Buy from barricade2218 on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby First-Aid » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:30 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Has anyone seen Skowl lately?

Anyone?

Thought so...he must've gotten his set. :lol: Got mine today...no e-mail notice or anything, just showed up and tripped me as I was taking the dogs out.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Firebird » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:13 am

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
I got them!

I was surprised by the box this morning after I got home from work. The Seacons are great worth every penny I spent (and it was a lot of penny's). Nightbeat is ok I guess, I wish he had a Bio card though.

Now if you guys will excuse me I'm gonna mess around with my shiny new Piranacon.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:44 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I just received my set of Seacons and Nightbeat. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow night for all of you. :)
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Courage: 8

Postby Ninja Boy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:22 pm

Motto: "There is no such thing as a person who does not like beer, there are only those who have not yet tried the beer they like."
Think we can convince reprolables to make a sticker set for this color scheme? I was thinking same patterns but orange instead of the blue and the maroon/purple instead of the pink. Any other suggestions?
Ninja Boy
Mini-Con
Buy from Ninja Boy on eBay

Postby Bonger » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Got mine today! Nightbeat looks ok, but awesome packaging. The seacons look crazy good. Actually, better irl than online I think. Good stuff!!!
Bonger
City Commander

Postby Seibertron » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Bonger wrote:Got mine today! Nightbeat looks ok, but awesome packaging. The seacons look crazy good. Actually, better irl than online I think. Good stuff!!!

I was confused by the comic, mind you I didn't read it all, but why does Nightbeat have his antennaes until the last two pages? I can't believe they made this toy without the antennaes. I was hoping beyond hope that the final product would have the antennae but that didn't happen ... just further teased with the comic where he has the antennaes.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Courage: 8

Postby Bonger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:53 am

Seibertron wrote:
Bonger wrote:Got mine today! Nightbeat looks ok, but awesome packaging. The seacons look crazy good. Actually, better irl than online I think. Good stuff!!!

I was confused by the comic, mind you I didn't read it all, but why does Nightbeat have his antennaes until the last two pages? I can't believe they made this toy without the antennaes. I was hoping beyond hope that the final product would have the antennae but that didn't happen ... just further teased with the comic where he has the antennaes.

Heh, they probably meant to have antennas and figured it would cost too muc. I'm guessing they then told the illustrators to remove the antenna, so they drew no antenna, but forgot to go back and correct their previous work? Maybe?

Is it wrong to like the box more than the figure? :???:
Bonger
City Commander

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:10 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
The "ears" were planned for the toy.

When test samples arrived at the factory, the test run did not transform because the "ears" got in the way. The factory removed them from the mold without FP's permission as their directive was to have these things ready for BotCon,..you know several months ago.

Failures in time-travel aside...FP decided to let it go and proceed with production. The comic is an attempt to justify the lack of "ears" from what I understand.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby decepticonjon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:29 am

i dunno about them new seacons. i just can't get into the colors.
g1>universe
Mykltron wrote:Surely it's not THAT hard to train monkeys... Is it? Maybe the monkeys were trained by monkeys who hadn't been trained properly.

G1Blaster wrote:Saying an album is ten times better than St. Anger is like saying you'd rather be hit in the head with a bat instead of kicked in the nuts.
decepticonjon
Godmaster
News Credits: 5

Postby decepticonjon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:27 am

wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.. no antannae on nightbeat??
WTF?
Mykltron wrote:Surely it's not THAT hard to train monkeys... Is it? Maybe the monkeys were trained by monkeys who hadn't been trained properly.

G1Blaster wrote:Saying an album is ten times better than St. Anger is like saying you'd rather be hit in the head with a bat instead of kicked in the nuts.
decepticonjon
Godmaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Bonger » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:25 am

decepticonjon wrote:i dunno about them new seacons. i just can't get into the colors.
g1>universe

Actually, I really like the new pauint scheme. It is a lot more detailed than the original. Overbite looks crazy good with his scales highlighted.

I put hIm on my G2 Combiners shelf. He fits in rather well with the rest of G2. Now I just need to commission a G2 Menasor. ;-)
Bonger
City Commander

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:31 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
decepticonjon wrote:i dunno about them new seacons. i just can't get into the colors.
g1>universe

They definately get my stamp of approval.

These figures are just one of those, 'you have to see them...' kind of purchases, which is of course difficult considering the price. Lack of true articulation on the small guys aside, they could easily be Classics Seacons.

The other thing that I'd like to add in passing is that this isn't a "Halloween" deco as some people (not you) are trying to pass it off as. The figure when combined reminds me of a giant coral reef. The orange, yellow, and various blues work really well. It's actually a clever deco.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Aeros » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:33 pm

My seacon and Nightbeat arrived. At first glance I was very impressed with the packaging. I expected the boxes to be thin like depatment store clothing boxes. but these are thick durable and very pretty boxes.

As for nightbeat. Just a repaint IMO. yeah its a different head but if I worked on the remold of this figure it WOULD have his Antenna and I would have eliminated the whole Powerlinx gimmick and had his head permenantly attacted to the body. with the rest of the powerlinx crap eliminated i would have gave him proper shoulders too. I actually bought 2 and am seriously thinking about modding the second one.

I haven't really had a chance to dig into the Seacons yet but i will be in about 1 hour. but the paints are not bothering me at all.
Aeros
Micromaster

Postby DavidT » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:55 am

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
BBTS updated their site showing that they will receive the Seacons Oct. 15. TODAY! :grin:

CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON