This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"Revenge" at AZ AFB, Identity of Chevy Beat Revealed?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

"Revenge" at AZ AFB, Identity of Chevy Beat Revealed?

Postby Skowl » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:34 am

not long after the new photos emerged of TF2 at the Arizona Boneyard, car-enthousiast website Jalopnik.com has received some photos of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen at the Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona. The photos show Bumblebee along with the Chevrolet Beat and Trax.

Interestingly enough, the license plate of the green Chevrolet Beat seems to point towards the possible identity of the transformer. It appears that the Beat will be "Skids"

See the photos by clicking here.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re: "Revenge" at AZ AFB, Identity of Chevy Beat Revealed?

Postby energonexpress » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:49 am

Just for kicks I tried upsizing the other plate. I might see if my wife can use photoshop later and do anything clearer. I for one can make nothing out, although I really want it to say "Jumper" so he can be a non-BB repaint for once.
energonexpress
Minibot

Postby Savage » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:16 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Skids, huh? Not a character I usually care much about, but no disappointment either. For some reason, I really want the Trax to be Skram. We need some G2 references!
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby dragons » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:19 pm

if it wasnt for that dumb water mark over the licens plate of the red car i could find out but the watermark makes it blurry its hard to tell bad place for watermark should put watermark on top of the picture
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Skowl » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:22 pm

A few people on other boards have guessed "Mirage" for the Trax, and looking at the photos again, it looks like that could almost be it.

If that orange/red car is Mirage, sh*t's going to hit the fan again.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby energonexpress » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Lol, I swear that was the first thing I thought I saw on it but then I figured it would be ridiculous so I didn't even mention that. If others have that makes me rather..um...concerned? If that's the case I guess Bay just can't use original colors. Maybe theres some kind of random color wheel used. "This guy was blue....*spin the wheel*..he's green now!"

Seriously though, the car fits Skids perfectly, but there's plenty other of minibot types to cast as a little guy. A subcompact doesn't scream "I'm in ur ship blowing up ur controls" to me. It says something more like "I can always find a parking space!".

Here's the zoomed up plate:

Edit: Looking closer again,after waking up a bit more, I do see an "M" (I think), but if it is it's more "grafiti" style than standard plate writing. I'm thinking we can speculate, but it's just shy of seeing enough to really tell.

That being the case, lets start a name pool! I'm totally going with Seaspray, because it wouldn't make any sense at all, therefore it's more likely. :P
energonexpress
Minibot

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:19 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I don't think it's the watermark making it blurry, which makes me wonder why SKIDS is so clear. I thnk it's fake
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby dragons » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Just for kicks I tried upsizing the other plate. I might see if my wife can use photoshop

dont see how thats possible unless if photoshop is able to take watermakrs off of a photo thats unlikly

i can barley make the first 2 letter first one is either
m, n, or w and the next is I oy J think i see an L in there somewhere last letter looks y, x or k

kinda looks nightbeat to me or has the words night or beat in it who knows
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Bartrim » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:03 pm

Well if that one is Skids I think they should honour another under used G1 character and call the Trax Swerve.

Plus if they are the twins I think "Skids and Swerve" sounds good together.
Bartrim
Vehicon
News Credits: 3

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I think the Red one would make a better skids but the beat is good. But what the hell is with the color? That lime green is horrid. Its nice to see that there still is no color continuity in the movies. First Black Ironhide and Green Ratchet now green Skidz and silver Sideswipe. Im still waiting for the purle Hot Rod and White Soundwave.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Soldier of Shockwave » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Motto: ""A picture is worth a thousand words.""
Weapon: Spinning Augers
I saw other pictures that show a red beat next to the green one. There was also the image on TFW of a blue cars wheelwell that had the same general shape and hubcap as the beats. That makes 3. We know there are 3 Arcee-esque motorcycles right? Now I know this is gonna sound a might bit crazy but what if the autobot combiner (if there is one) Is a combo of the Beats and Cycles into a big multicolored mess? Maybe the blue beat is Skids and we are just getting odd information again. (this crackpot theory brought to you by 1 picture of a blue beat-esque wheelwell)
SIGNAL LANCER FTW!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7d9S5Wc_UM&fmt=18

Check out my TF Reviews Blog and Photo Gallerys at...

(Blog)
http://dirgewave.livejournal.com/

(Gallery)
http://pics.livejournal.com/dirgewave/
Soldier of Shockwave
Micromaster
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3

Postby SDL » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:24 pm

I can't help but think 'Why put the characters name on their numberplate?'

I smell an Admiral Ackbar impression coming on
SDL
Mini-Con
News Credits: 7

Postby gantzrunner » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:31 pm

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
I loved the movie, but I am getting more than a little frustrated with the random color schemes. Yellowish ratchet, black ironhide, tan starscream, and now white sideswipe and green tracks?!! :sad:
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8

Postby Auto Bot » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Yeah, this little car will suit Skids good enough.

His original alt form was a similar econo hatchback anyway. Some sort of Honda mini hatchback in the past.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Autobot Firestorm » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:40 pm

Weapon: High-Powered, Laser-Sighted, Photon Rifle
Soldier of Shockwave wrote:I saw other pictures that show a red beat next to the green one. There was also the image on TFW of a blue cars wheelwell that had the same general shape and hubcap as the beats. That makes 3. We know there are 3 Arcee-esque motorcycles right? Now I know this is gonna sound a might bit crazy but what if the autobot combiner (if there is one) Is a combo of the Beats and Cycles into a big multicolored mess? Maybe the blue beat is Skids and we are just getting odd information again. (this crackpot theory brought to you by 1 picture of a blue beat-esque wheelwell)

The blue car you saw is the Chevy Volt - already spotted on set. GM says its not a TF, but I smell BS.
War For Cybertron ID: Firestorm_Prime
Autobot Firestorm
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Auto Bot » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:53 pm

SDL wrote:I can't help but think 'Why put the characters name on their numberplate?'

I smell an Admiral Ackbar impression coming on

Maybe Bay have a collection Binaltech/Alternator toys. :P
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby powersteamracing » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:31 am

OK, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, and I'm not sure if they will try to explain it in TF2, but Bumbulbee is different.

here is a decent pic of him from the pics given:

And here is a pic from Bumbulbee going into the first TF movie:

Some major differences include:

#1: Hood scope/air intake

#2: Weird verticle grill on the bottom where the fog lights used to be.

#3: The car, overall, looks a tad different, could be the angle or lighting, but it looks kinda different.

As for the other cars, I wish one of them was Cliffjumper, but I doubt it will. Mainly because of Hasbro. They already released a toy as a red repaint of BB, and from what I've seen, as much as they re-use names, they usually tend to leave well enough alone when within the same series. So I doubt Bay would make CJ when Hasbro said "well he'd have to be a red Camaro".

Just my thoughts.
powersteamracing
Mini-Con

Postby Bottom Out » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:48 am

do they really need to explain why bumble be has a diff front bumper, wheels, and hood scoop? its not that serious of a change to have to explain in my opinion
Bottom Out
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Wolfguard » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:08 am

Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
Hmm...although I wouldn't be dissapointed at all (I thought Skids was a cool cat,) I'm hoping for Brawn and Windcharger for minibot goodness. Meh, they can make Skids a minibot too I guess.

:BOT:
"Logic is the ultimate weapon" - Prowl
Wolfguard
Minibot
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 8

Postby oldskooltf » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:58 am

Weapon: Missile Launcher
I don't buy it.

Why Skids?

No offense, but there are several better choices to use other than Skids.

I wouldn't surprised at all if that's just a temporary/fake name for it just to fool people and so they wouldn't be able to guess the real name.

My 2 cents.
oldskooltf
Minibot
Speed: 4

Postby Bottom Out » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:22 pm

oldskooltf wrote:I don't buy it.

Why Skids?

I wouldn't surprised at all if that's just a temporary/fake name for it just to fool people and so they wouldn't be able to guess the real name.

My 2 cents.

what do you mean, why skids?

why not skids? what you guys have to remember is that this is not g1, the characters in this franchise are NOT the same characters from the cartoon, they only share name and in some cases personality and alt modes...in other cases they dont share anything at all...

Its better that Bay chose a character that is less "known" because now we wont hear people bitching about how "skids would never do that in g1." New characters who just happen to share old character names is not a bad thing (i.e. beast wars)

You also mention that there are better choices than skids..better how? You dont know what the script calls for, maybe skids is a better choice then your assuming....

I do agree that the names are probably just there to help the crew distinguish which car has to do what, the plate doesnt even really say skids, it says "SKID5" but i admit thats closenough to call him skids for the time being
Bottom Out
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby oldskooltf » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:08 pm

Weapon: Missile Launcher
Bottom Out wrote:
oldskooltf wrote:I don't buy it.

Why Skids?

My 2 cents.

what do you mean, why skids?

why not skids? what you guys have to remember is that this is not g1, the characters in this franchise are NOT the same characters from the cartoon, they only share name and in some cases personality and alt modes...in other cases they dont share anything at all...

Its better that Bay chose a character that is less "known" because now we wont hear people bitching about how "skids would never do that in g1." New characters who just happen to share old character names is not a bad thing (i.e. beast wars)

You also mention that there are better choices than skids..better how? You dont know what the script calls for, maybe skids is a better choice then your assuming....

I do agree that the names are probably just there to help the crew distinguish which car has to do what, the plate doesnt even really say skids, it says "SKID5" but i admit thats closenough to call him skids for the time being

I do love my G1, but I did not mind Ironhide being a black truck or Ratchet being a green/yellow hummer, etc... I loved Ironhide's personality in the movie.

I also appreciated how they chose Optimus, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, and Jazz as the 5 autobots for the first movie because those were main characters from the original cartoon. Now... the deceps were a little different. Bonecrusher was not as popularly seen as Scrapper or Long Haul and Brawl was not as popular as Swindle, but I didn't mind since they gave us Megatron & Starscream and Blackout & Barricade were very cool -- I didn't mind the new-ish names for them.

From what I read, they choose names mostly based on the character's popularity from G1 or due to the type of vehicle they need (like Brawl being a tank or Scorponok being a scorpion). I'm not one of the people who wants everything like G1 (Blackout and Barricade were awesome for example)... but if they do use G1 names, I assume it's either cause the original G1 guy was popular or because it's the best fit for the altmode. Skids does not meet either of those... in my humble opinion.

I WILL reserve my final judgement for when I finally see TF:ROTF, but as for now... I'm a little surprised and skeptical for those reasons.

That's why I said "Why Skids"
oldskooltf
Minibot
Speed: 4

Postby Middleman » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:35 am

I'm just guessing this like everyone.

I was thinking Perceptor earlier but now looking at the pic again think it may be Powerglide. The reason is the first letter looks more like a P to me than an M. Also the car is red - both Perceptor and Powerglide were red-coloured and the name looks like its at least 9 characters long - so it can't be Mirage. Another reason is, despite the old G1 Powerglide being a plane, its also a well-known minibot (like Skids), and since powergliding is almost another term for drifting, the name would seem to go well with Skids.
Middleman
Mini-Con

Postby Auto Bot » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Comparing the pics posted by powersteamracing, i prefer the old TF1 Bumblebee. The car looks better.

TF2 Camaro looks like it is trying very hard to look "improved".
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #407 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC216 (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #407 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC259 1st Lobo (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #357 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0123DC123 357A"
BATMAN #357 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #254 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240730 Sliney"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITION #51 Cvr B Facsimile Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 51B"
NEW!
LIMITED COLLECTORS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #101 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics MAY230703  (CA) Cockrum (W)Claremont"
X-MEN #101 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC160 181A"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #38 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0922DC131 Robin (CA) Kane+More"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #404 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC209 404A (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #404 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240734 (CA) Buscema"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #181 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230702 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 Facsimile FOIL Marvel Comics 2024 240415A"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC266 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr B Foil DC Comics 2024 0324DC132 1B"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON