This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS Nikes (not toys)--They're back!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

TRANSFORMERS Nikes (not toys)--They're back!

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Last summer, around the time of the movie, athletic apparel giant NIKE introduced a line of collector's shoes (yes, there are folks who collect athletic shoes out there) whose color origins related to Generation 1 Transformers.

You may also remember the collaboration that were the NIKE Sports Label Transformers- shoes that transform in to robots-.

It appears that NIKE and TRANSFORMERS will be continuing their relationship, at least through the release of the next movie, as they announce the release of a new set of collectible shoes.

You can see the new set here.

With the release of the sequel Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen in June 2009, Nike will launch another Transformer’s pack featuring an Air Max 95 CL, Dunk High, and a Air Max CB ‘94. However, this awesome pack will be only in GS sizes.

These shoes' colors appear to be inpsired by Transformers Movie characters Bumblebee, Megatron, and Optimus Prime, but that is purely speculation.

They appear to only be available in youth sizes at the time, but maybe they'll release adult size versions for those collectors who would love to get these into their athletic shoe collections.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: TRANSFORMERS Nikes (not toys)--They're back!

Postby TankedThomas » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:50 pm

I don't get it... Do you mean these are new Nike Transformers crossovers or new Nike collectors shoes coloured with Transformers-inspired colour schemes? Sorry but I've only heard of the crossover ones and didn't hear about any Nike Transformers shoes out last year (not to mention the Nike Sports Label Transformers never hit New Zealand shops as far as I know and I believe there's a big market for fakes as there are some very cheap and very expensive ones circulating on the web).
TankedThomas
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch TankedThomas on YouTube
Strength: 3
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: ???
Firepower: 5

Postby Archanubis » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:01 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
It's official - Nike has some of the ugliest shoes in the industry. At least, that's my opinion.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Stormrider » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
It makes sense - Transformer apparel.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Savage » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
I kinda want those silver (Decepticon?) ones.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Solrac333 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:16 pm

I'll wear these when I go hunting for TF figures in stores. :-B
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Auto Bot » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:42 am

What makes these shoes "Transformers"? Just the colors? I don't see any TF logos. Or maybe the pics are too small to see them?
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Asphalt22 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:26 am

Maybe I am just old but does anyone else remember when shoes DIDNT look they belonged attached to the pantlegs of a space suit. For the love of god give me leather shoes again.
Please ensure that your Sarcasm Chip is engaged before continuing.
Asphalt22
Minibot

Postby Wheeljack35 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:00 am

Ha

I dare anybody here to buy them and wear them out in public
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Auto Bot » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:16 am

I guess the red and blue should be Prime. Silver should be Megatron. Who's the black for?
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby ACIDSTORM » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:31 am

wouldn't bumblebee be all yellow? seems more like ironhide
anyway i think its kinda stupid why would you wear tf shoes, t-shirts i can understand but shoes?
ACIDSTORM
Micromaster

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 am

ACIDSTORM wrote:wouldn't bumblebee be all yellow? seems more like ironhide
anyway i think its kinda stupid why would you wear tf shoes, t-shirts i can understand but shoes?

Why does anybody wear this or that? They consider it their style.

Obviously went with black with yellow trim for BBee because yellow shoes would sell worse than either of the other two.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Auto Bot » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:54 am

They're probably kids sizes.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:13 am

Since I don't see one inspired by Movie Ironhide, none of them go with my leather jacket therfore I will NOT be buying these! I have to admit the Megatron ones intrigue me but they do look somewhat like space-boots and they still don't match my leather.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:30 am

tigertracks 24 wrote:
These shoes' colors appear to be inpsired by Transformers Movie characters Bumblebee, Megatron, and Optimus Prime, but that is purely speculation.

They appear to only be available in youth sizes at the time, but maybe they'll release adult size versions for those collectors who would love to get these into their athletic shoe collections.

Two questions answered in the news article. Please read what we write!! :D
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210548 1RI (CA) Su"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #56 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Reed 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210585 9RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #10 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JAN210500 2RI 220427"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210457 39RI (CA) Shepherd"
TRANSFORMERS #39 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HEART OF DARKNESS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2011 3RI (CA) Farinas"
Transformers HEART ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 MAY221568 3D (CA) Won"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200471 3B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM317 7E (CA) Clarke (W)Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON