This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Ebay cancelling MP 05 Megatron?????

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:40 am

this is fu*kin bullsh*t

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Yeti » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:02 am

Whoa, glad I bought mine off Ebay (unopened and orange plug free before launch). He's a wicked toy and my hearts go out to you all....well, not really!! :P
Yeti
Micromaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Overloaded » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:28 am

How will I get my MP Megatron now
Overloaded
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby D-340 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:35 am

As stupid as it seems I'm not suprised. It seems like common sense doesn't exsist anymore, eh? Just checked BBTS, and MP Megs is still in stock. That's were I'll get mine.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby JetfireUK » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:45 am

Overloaded wrote:How will I get my MP Megatron now

Either try TFZone or Timban. Or perhaps go straight to a store like Xybertoys?
JetfireUK
Combiner

Postby Archanubis » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:54 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Good thing I grabbed mine when I did! I even have the FedEx tracking number on my home computer to prove it!
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:05 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Not throwing stones here but...

eBay is a big place. Maybe there were at most a few hundred MP Megatron auctions?

It's not likely that they would just 'find' them floating about.

Someone had to point out the auctions to them.

Someone with a vested interested in selling their market share of modified Megatrons.

achem...BBTS?

I mean, I'd do it too. If I were one of the few places selling technically 'legal' merchandise, I'd tip ebay off as well.

At any rate, I bet that's how this came about.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Blitzwing the warrior » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:30 am

But Megatron is packaged in #$%@!$^ robot mode!
Blitzwing the warrior
Fuzor
News Credits: 4

Postby Blozor » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:39 am

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
ebay wrote:Must not be readily convertible to shoot a lethal projectile

Readily convertible? Shoot, I already converted mine to feature a working nuclear fusion cannon. With only an Exact-o knife, a little duct tape, and a kumquat.

Why a kumquat? Because it's fun to say "kumquat."
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby JetfireUK » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:47 am

Blozor wrote:
ebay wrote:Must not be readily convertible to shoot a lethal projectile

Readily convertible? Shoot, I already converted mine to feature a working nuclear fusion cannon. With only an Exact-o knife, a little duct tape, and a kumquat.

Why a kumquat? Because it's fun to say "kumquat."

You said Kumquat!

:shock:

LMAO

:P
JetfireUK
Combiner

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:48 am

Ha, I got mine through them last week and its already shipped. I made it just in time!

Still, it sucks for you guys that didn't, it does however look like the BBTS orange cap is easy to remove.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Sunstar » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:51 am

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Its funny it is only happening now....
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sentinel Maximus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:30 am

Motto: ""The paltry armies of the universe are but play things to me.""
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
In the wake of the 'Virginia campus shooter', I'm not surprised that this is happening. Fortunatly for me, I already ordered and received my Meggy about a month ago. Its going to be alittle bit harder now for TF fans to acquire this figure and thats a shame.
Sentinel Maximus
Minibot
Buy from Sentinel Maximus on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Exulted Unicron » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:34 am

and its gonna make life harder for those who want TFC megatron or Encore megatron
Exulted Unicron
Headmaster
Watch Exulted Unicron on YouTube
Alt Mode: tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Leonardo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:35 am

In light of this I'm thankful for Classics Megatron's odd look.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Exulted Unicron » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:38 am

I feel glad I got my TFC megatron way back in January. I'd be hard pressed to get one these days
Exulted Unicron
Headmaster
Watch Exulted Unicron on YouTube
Alt Mode: tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby skywarp-2 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:49 am

Well from reading the rules of what can be acceptable as a "toy gun sale" it clearly states that the gun must have a orange tip or an orange plug inserted if its to be sold on ebay, and the seller must be in the US..

so according to my source at ebay, for now they are canceling all orders that are MP Megatron so they can sort out which sellers are in fact in the US, and have the required orange plug..

I have no doubt that the orange plug, US seller versions of MP Megatron will make it back on ebay..once they figure out whose in compliance and who is not.It's regrettable, but its the US law..

As far as price gouging on ebay..well its not the first time, and it is supply and demand.. so I feel the pain of those who want it and have a paypal account ready to go..

I'm happy I imported mine from Hobby Link,though it took forever by SAL, my friend that works there took great pains to make me feel assured that the orange plug wasn't an issue, and it really wasn't.. so I'm happy about that, and the fact that I got MP Megatron at the preorder price..Now having owned him and spent a total of 20 minutes with the toy since I had him, because I've been so busy with running my company, I am off to the Problems with Megatron section to voice some things I noticed right off the bat..
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby Powermaster Jazz » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:15 am

I'm laughing at this situation now. Since I have an unmodded one.
Powermaster Jazz
Vehicon
News Credits: 8

Postby Anubiz » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:35 am

Does this mean that it is easier to buy a real gun rather than a toy one in the US. :???:

Glad i got mine so easy, but for anyone who doesn't have one he is definitely worth the trouble.
Anubiz
Mini-Con

Postby Bee-otch » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:37 am

Liege Evilmus wrote:Ha, I got mine through them last week and its already shipped. I made it just in time!

Still, it sucks for you guys that didn't, it does however look like the BBTS orange cap is easy to remove.

I just received mine from BBTS on Wednesday and it literally took about 30 seconds to remove the plug. All I did was heat and pull. I know that it sucks having to pay full price for an item that has been opened, but it was really the only way that I was going to get one.
Bee-otch
Mini-Con

Postby Stormrider » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:38 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Counterpunch wrote:Not throwing stones here but...

eBay is a big place. Maybe there were at most a few hundred MP Megatron auctions?

Someone with a vested interested in selling their market share of modified Megatrons.

achem...BBTS?

I mean, I'd do it too. If I were one of the few places selling technically 'legal' merchandise, I'd tip ebay off as well.

That was my first thought too. It may not have been BBTS but I think MP Megatron got fingered by somebody.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby skywarp-2 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:49 am

Stormrider wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Not throwing stones here but...

achem...BBTS?

That was my first thought too. It may not have been BBTS but I think MP Megatron got fingered by somebody.

It did, and it was by US companies and sellers who were competing with Hong kong companies and/or seller's auctions who were offering MP- Megs Unmodified for a great price, excluding the shipping, so buyers were ignoring the already in US versions with the orange plug..

I have no info on who or what companies were the ones responsible, but my source says they were pretty influential and pointed out the law and ebay's regulations as their basis for the "temporary" cancellations..

I was told that A statement will be issued soon..
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby CyberTooth » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:04 am

Blitzwing the warrior wrote:But Megatron is packaged in #$%@!$^ robot mode!

That doesn't matter, it's the fact that he can turn into a gun that makes the need for the orange cap necessary.
CyberTooth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby clk430r1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:13 am

glad i got mine from tfsouce along time ago
clk430r1
Mini-Con

Postby Hanch Prime » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:46 am

I have several guns, a glock 19, a sig sour 9mm, and a para-ordanance 45. I bought them at a gun store, a week waiting period, and then I picked them up.. so yes I had an easier time buying my real guns than MP5. Its pretty silly if you ask me. As far as ammo, you can buy bullets at Walmart.
Hanch Prime
Micromaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208K"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2011 230809A"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON