This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Henkei Classics Dirge & Thrust preorder @ BBTS

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Henkei Classics Dirge & Thrust preorder @ BBTS

Postby ZenPrime » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:27 pm

ZenPrime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 23

Re: Henkei Classics Dirge & Thrust preorder @ BBTS

Postby Prime Evil » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:55 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Wow, that's REALLY pricey!! Might have to hit up Robot Kingdom for this pre-order.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Son of Primus » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:15 pm

[*]hank you so much for this information! Pre-ordered!
Omega Supreme: "Constructicons?! Constructicons enemies. Enemies, DIE!"
Optimus Prime: "This is a military mission, not a vendetta, Omega."
Omega Supreme: "Results: same!"
Son of Primus
Fuzor
Buy from Son of Primus on eBay

Postby SentinelA » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Holy feces! I just paid over $170 for toys that should've cost $50. (Okay I haven't really paid yet but y'all know what i mean)
SentinelA
Headmaster

Postby OPTIMUS MAGNUS » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:41 pm

Pre-orderd those mofos! Woo hoo! :lol: 8)
Seibertron trading feedback:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20397
OPTIMUS MAGNUS
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:12 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
BigBadToyStore.com- One of Seibertron's sponsors, BBTS, has now listed pre-orders for the new Japanese exclusive Henkei Thrust and Dirge. You can order them separately of togehter.

Thrust

Dirge

Thrust and Dirge Set

BBTS also has Wonderfest model kits in stock. These models are in scale with Revoltech figures and include Revoltech style joints, but require painting and assembly. For order, these pricey exclusives include Ultra Magnus in armor, Soundwave, Gnaw, Quintesson, Shockwave, and Grimlock w/Wheelie.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby El Duque » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Placed a pre-order for Dirge, since he has more accurae wings than my Botcon version. Passed on Thrust I think the one I already have will most likely be more accurate. A little pricey, I may cancel if the the real pics don't live up to by expectations.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Hyper-Chicken » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:45 pm

Earlier this morning I only saw the link for Dirge & Thrust. I had a little pause at $165 for both but placed the order anyways. I already have Botcon Dirge and only needed Thrust. So I am glad to see the link for Thrust only, softens the blow to the wallet a little bit. So my order for both has now been cancelled and an order for Thrust only placed. Of course that could change again if I am able to score a Botcon Thrust between now and March. I was just doing a search of completed listings on the Botcon seekers on Ebay and see that they are now a lot cheaper that they have been the past couple months. So I am a little optimistic that I'll be able to scoop one up at a reasonable price (not trying to rub it in the faces of those of you that have the GoD set. Its just Thrust is the last piece I need and he has been insanely high on Ebay lately and I paid, what I thought were, reasonable prices for Thundercracker and Dirge last summer)
Hyper-Chicken
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby HighPrime » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:49 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
March is shaping up to be an expensive month; between these and MP Grimock, my wallet is already screaming "uncle."

Anyway preordered both. I was considering selling my Botcon Thrust and Dirge (have 2), but now I don't know.. the Henkei ones are different enough that I may just keep the extra set. Plus, bad time to sell with no less than 3 Thrusts on eBay right now.
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby dragons » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:54 pm

whats so differnt about these henkie figures that there over 100$ and the other henkies are the resanlbe amount right price of under 30$ at bbts?

i smell rip off once again bbts kinda reminds me of ebay sometimes and this prvoes it over 100$ for a deluxe figure
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby El Duque » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
dragons wrote:whats so differnt about these henkie figures that there over 100$ and the other henkies are the resanlbe amount right price of under 30$ at bbts?

i smell rip off once again bbts kinda reminds me of ebay sometimes and this prvoes it over 100$ for a deluxe figure

These are stores exclusive in Japan like TC and SW were, thus the higher price. Not mass release.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:59 pm

El Duque wrote:
dragons wrote:whats so differnt about these henkie figures that there over 100$ and the other henkies are the resanlbe amount right price of under 30$ at bbts?

These are stores exclusive in Japan like TC and SW were, thus the higher price. Not mass release.

BBTS also charges the falling value of the US dollar in comparison to the yen. I am guessing they will come down a bit, especially if other stores can offer them for significantly cheaper.
Last edited by Tigertrack on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby HighPrime » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:05 pm

TC and SW are not $30, though. They are running $75.00 a pop. The exchange rate is bad (Yen > Dollar), so that is making Dirge/Thrust more expensive, but it's not $15+ bad per figure.. we're talking about variances of 10 - 25 yen on the dollar here, at most. I'm sure BBTS is attempting to maximize their profit due to demand. Free Enterprise, though. $10 "discount," however, if you buy both.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Sunstar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Considering canadian dollar, I'll see if I can get my contact to get me a pair. I know I would be murdered.
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:23 pm

I know people will think I'm crazy, but I'm gonna buy the Revoltech style Soundwave, Shockwave & Ultra Magnus. Not all at once mind you, Soundwave first. The money I have is just sitting in the bank, so why not spend it?
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:I know people will think I'm crazy, but I'm gonna buy the Revoltech style Soundwave, Shockwave & Ultra Magnus. Not all at once mind you, Soundwave first. The money I have is just sitting in the bank, so why not spend it?

If you have the skills, and money, they would be really cool collectibles!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby HighPrime » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:I know people will think I'm crazy, but I'm gonna buy the Revoltech style Soundwave, Shockwave & Ultra Magnus. Not all at once mind you, Soundwave first. The money I have is just sitting in the bank, so why not spend it?

Yes, I think you're crazy :P

(j/k)
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:If you have the skills, and money, they would be really cool collectibles!

Well, I don't think it'll turn out like a factory finished product, but if turns out like my Animated Soundblaster, I'll be satisfied....
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 pm

That's really expensive for these guys. 90+ bucks a piece with shipping-YIKES. If they would have priced these the same as the other "exclusives", I'd be in. But 10 dollars more it just pushing it for me. Robot Kingdom's about to get a new customer.

BBTS, are you listening?
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby It Is Him » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:19 pm

Seeing as how Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp are still in stock at BBTS, I'm going to sit on this one until I feel more comfortable making a $165 purchase.

Also, WOOHOO!
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Mkall » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:26 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
DevastaTTor wrote:That's really expensive for these guys. 90+ bucks a piece with shipping-YIKES. If they would have priced these the same as the other "exclusives", I'd be in. But 10 dollars more it just pushing it for me. Robot Kingdom's about to get a new customer.

BBTS, are you listening?

Sadly it's a sign of the times. I'm not defending what their doing, just explaining it. There's a bit of a market recession at the moment, which means more people are spending less on these sorts of items. I'm sure BBTS is feeling a bit of a pinch as well. Not to mention that unlike Thundercracker and Skywarp, additional molding was needed to complete these figures so that cost cannot just be ignored.

Also slap on the additional fees required for importing, a small percentage that you can make a profit and that's the BBTS price.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Cascadia » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Motto: "If you feel my lightning, you will never hear the thunder."
I am going to see if a local store (sells Henkei figures) will get them and see how much they will be through them.
Cascadia
Headmaster

Postby rpetras » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:35 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I'm waiting on the Thrust & Dirge.

With the wing mods, I think those will be coming stateside. Possibly as a retailer exclusive or something, but I think we'll see them.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 7

Postby Point » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:02 pm

No freaking thank you! I bought 3 Acid Storms to repaint into the other 2 Rainmakers and will be buying 2 of the Universe Starscreams to repaint into Thundercracker and Skywarp cause paying $150 for the Henkei versions isn't an option. I sure as HELL am not paying $170 for a pair of deluxes. I've got all 6 of the original G1 Seekers so that's good enough for me unless Hasbro wises up and makes these available through the website or something. Those prices are laughable.
Point
Micromaster

Postby Stormrider » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:45 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
The Shockwave model is cool. Now, lets make MP Shockwave.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #3 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 3D OCT230313 GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 3rd ptg Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUL238715"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr J 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAR230502 6J (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220545 1E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS #1 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2020 SEP200912 1C (CA) Yoon"
POWER RANGERS #1 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231425 5A (CA) Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230080 114B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #103 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 DEC190609 103A Ninja Turtles Ongoing 3A 231010A"
TMNT #103 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231431 3A (A/CA) Medel"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr L 1:25 virgin Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220553 1L (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr F 1:50 Boom Studios Comics AUG230028 113F"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #8 Cvr C IDW Comics FEB231508 8C (CA) Eastman + Federici"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231613 2A (CA) Lattie"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230389 4C (CA) Gibson"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON