This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

2008 Holiday Season Toys 4 Tots Charities

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

2008 Holiday Season Toys 4 Tots Charities

Postby First Gen » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:41 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon

The 2008 Holiday Season is upon us Seibertronians, and with it comes the 61st Annual Toys 4 Tots charity drive, brought to us by the United States Marine Corps Reserve. This year, T4T’s hopes to collect thousands of toys for children near and far to bring a little cheer to those less fortunate this holiday season.

Throughout the nation, Toys R Us stores will be collecting toys for the event along with a host of other “drop off” sites. These toys that are collected will then be separated and shipped by the US Marine Reserves to local hospitals, schools and institutions for children to enjoy.

In conjunction with Toys R Us, HASBRO, Inc. and others, Toys 4 Tots is looking to make this year the biggest collection of toys ever! But they can’t do it without our help. So if you see a drop off bin at a TRU while your hunting for that exclusive, or notice that your local Fire Department is collecting toys as well, you can purchase any toy, preferably a Transformers toy :D , and leave it, unwrapped, with the collecting authority.

Let’s help to make this holiday season, that may be battered by rough financial times, a joyous one for some children who may only get this precious gift for the holidays.

Thank you all,

Seibertron.com Staff

newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: 2008 Holiday Season Toys 4 Tots Charities

Postby TheMuffin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:40 am

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
We support it every year at work. Last year we raised over $1,200 and bought so many freaking toys that they had to take multiple trips downstairs.... We filled the box 3 times over. lol. My only wish is that the Marines who pick them up would wear their uniforms. Last year it was a retired one who came in a sweatshirt and sweatpants. :-(
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Dr. Caelus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:32 pm

For the past few years I've tried to make a point of collecting a bunch of scout-class figures, especially if I can catch them on sale. They're small, but good, and more figures means more kids can get them.

This year though, the scout-class selection is pretty limited and pricey. I'm wishing now that I'd thought ahead and horded some of the deluxes when they were majorly on sale. :?

Would the Animated Activators be a good substitute? They look surprisingly good for their small size.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby TheMuffin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Wal-Mart here has deluxes (all of them) for $7.77 which is pretty much what a scout was costing last I checked.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Cheetron » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:22 pm

I usually give a few toys each year but this year I'm more concerned about the quality of the toys I'd give rather than the price.

I might just have to give the activators after all this year.
Cheetron
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby drathro » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:32 pm

drathro
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Iron-Man wrote:Wal-Mart here has deluxes (all of them) for $7.77 which is pretty much what a scout was costing last I checked.

Sweet action, they were still on sale here too. And turns out the Activators are nearly $9! WTF?!

Anyway - grabbed animated deluxe Oilslick, Jazz, and Optimus for the kids.

I know the first two are good (sturdy, well articulated, and stylish) but I'm going out on a limb with Optimus - I hadn't heard anything bad about him though.

They had new classics too (I grabbed Smokescreen and Sideswipe for myself :oops:) but the latest run of Classics has felt more fragile, complicated, and look more difficult to repair than their animated counterparts.

While they're good for looks, they didn't seem primo choice for a kid who will be loving the hell out of the toy.

Maybe I should have grabbed a couple more while they were discounted, but our final bill was pretty steep as is...

Additional Plug - For those of you that have packratted broken figures, you might look around at what the local fire stations do around Christmas. The Firemen back in Jefferson City used to (I presume still do) collect broken toys and spend their free time trying to repair them for their own Christmas toy-drive.

Alternatively, if you're one of those mad-awesome kitbashers out there, you might ask if they want help with that...
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander

Postby Cyber Bishop » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
We are doing a troop for them sometime in early December. :D
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:48 pm

Cyber Bishop wrote:We are doing a troop for them sometime in early December. :D

I was about to make a comment about the Snowtrooper armor not being uncomfortably warm for once, but then I remembered you live in Louisiana.

Have you considered working a camelpak into that suit? Seems like it should be feasible, without anyone being the wiser.
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander

Postby Cyber Bishop » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
It is not as bad as you think. I have a fan in the cowl that blows air up into my face and it makes the world of difference.
And for some reason sine I lost all this weight (down to 180lbs now which is right where I need to be) I am not hot like I used to be.
Besides I have my Anakin (which is the hottest costume I have to be honest), my Officer and my Gunner/crewman/navy trooper.

It does get cold down here though.. And the humidity makes it worse.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Delicon » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I actually have a Toys for Tots drop box in my deli. Usually we can fill three of those large boxes (I always help, of course)

Any of you who live near Harleysville, PA should feel to stop by. I can give easy directions.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby Point » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:27 am

My 2 chitluns have always loved giving to T4T almost as much as getting presents of their own.
Point
Micromaster

Return to General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOT SHOT Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Dragster Car Hasbro 2020 New"
Rescan HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 yellow muscle car 201217a"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER HOT SHOT 14" tall Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 New"
POWER HOT SHOT 14" ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot HEATWAVE FIRE BOT action figure Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 New"
Feature Bot HEATWA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON