This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Little information about ROTF Devastator toys

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Little information about ROTF Devastator toys

Postby The Chronic » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:20 am

Bumblethumper wrote::grin: More...

S250 wrote:some news

right leg dump truck
left leg bulldozer
right arm wheel loader
left arm truss crane
right shoulder excavator
left shoulder articulated dump truck
head mack cement mixer

and good news is,seems only left arm is machine(label "no robot form"),the rest 6 parts have robot mode.

I can breath easy now...

Ok that doesn't add up, going by that the legs will be short and stumpy and he will have no mid-section :?

and what happened to the 9 cons confirmed by the other 'reliable' source?

I don't mean to complain at good news but like I said it doesn't add up
Skowl wrote:All the people who are complaining about this should team up and try to design 7 brand new deluxe or voyager molds of construction vehicles, as they appear in the movie, that can each transform into fully poseable, stable robots that look exactly like they do in the movie - and then have all seven transform again and merge together, in what will no doubt be an incredibly complex and intricate transformation, to form one giant, fully-poseable, completely seamless, stable, screen-accurate Transformer - And then produce and manufacture the complete set for under 70$ - without blowing your profit margin.

And if they can pull it off, then their complaints will be justified.

The toy designers at Hasbro and Takara are people too, they can't do the impossible. If anything, they're going out of the way and doing extra work to make sure fans can get the best of both worlds and can have two sets of solid toys instead of one giant jumbled-up mess. I still hear people complaining about the unstable Energon Superion combiner - and look how simple he was!

I mentioned it earlyer people have and will, if the latest update turns out not to be true and we are stuck with a non combining version the kit-bashers would make it combine (I may have a go but Im no-where near compitent enough)

Submit
Last edited by The Chronic on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StealthPrime-91 wrote:I swear if I had £1 for everytime someone complimented Chronic's penis I would be freakin' rich!
The Chronic
Headmaster

Postby quetzalcoatl » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 pm

is it just me or does this sound like a glorified remake of 80's vehicle Voltron except with fewer transforming possibilities?
quetzalcoatl
Fuzor

Postby First-Aid » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:28 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I doubt it's going to be that simple. I suspect that the "shoulders" are also going to make up a good portion of the torso. Though I have to agree that the heavy long arms and short legs tend towards a gorilla-like appearance. I could live with that i think..that type of body structure tends towards very powerful and heavily armored. :-?

I do so love speculating :grin:
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby dragons » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:20 pm

We now have what appears to be a breakdown of the Constructicon members and how they merge to form Devastator!

some news

right leg dump truck
left leg bulldozer
right arm wheel loader
left arm truss crane
right shoulder excavator
head mack cement mixer

and good news is,seems only left arm is machine(label "no robot form"),the rest 6 parts have robot mode.

so what does this menan im confused are we still gettting 2 devasttors? or just one combinor made right?
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Bumblethumper » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:07 pm

chronic wrote:
Bumblethumper wrote::grin: More...

S250 wrote:some news

right leg dump truck
left leg bulldozer
right arm wheel loader
left arm truss crane
right shoulder excavator
head mack cement mixer

I can breath easy now...

Ok that doesn't add up, going by that the legs will be short and stumpy and he will have no mid-section :?

and what happened to the 9 cons confirmed by the other 'reliable' source?

I hadn't noticed that. I would guess that there probably are 9 in that case, since they need something to make up the torso. Whether those would be vehicle drones or transforming bots we'll have to wait and see.

I'm also inclined to suspect Devastator ends up with gorilla-like proportions. I have a feeling I read something suggestive of that elsewhere several weeks back. I actually wouldn't be totally against it. He'd be well set for going on a Kong-style city smashing rampage.

It may also be possible that the arms will be made of smaller size class vehicles than the legs, so it's not necessarily gorilla proportions. Construction vehicles come in all shapes and sizes. The legs could be formed from like those uber massive trucks.

Bumblethumper
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby First-Aid » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:21 pm

Damn...that truck has more stairs than my house!

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby The Chronic » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 pm

OH SHIZNIT! :shock: I just noticed that guy standing by the tire!
StealthPrime-91 wrote:I swear if I had £1 for everytime someone complimented Chronic's penis I would be freakin' rich!
The Chronic
Headmaster

Postby Vanishing Point » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:47 pm

considering it's hasbro I'm surprised they don't make the deluxe figures and then include a Build a figure part of that character to make a BAF Dev. like they did Fing Fang Foom
Vanishing Point
Fuzor

Postby ArmoredSaint » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Say all you want to say about it being lame, but I would be looking forward for this movie version of Devastator. :grin:
VENGENCE LIKE LIGHTNING!

ArmoredSaint
Mini-Con

Postby FortisVox » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:49 pm

That truck itself is 25 feet high...

Optimus is 30 feet..

if this is, in fact, true...Dev is going to be massive...maybe too massive...
REVENGE IS COMING
FortisVox
Mini-Con

Postby El Duque » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
If I remember correctly way back when we first heard that the Constructicons would be in the movie it was stated that the combined form would have a lot of uperbody strength like a gorilla.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby First-Aid » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:32 am

Massive may be an understatement for this incarnation of the Constructicons. It occurs to me also: they may not use the name Devastator in this movie since they (mistakenly) used it in the first one. I'm betting on Constructicon Maximus (like in Energon)...but who knows for sure until it comes out? :-?

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby bossbot » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:45 am

i'm thinking.... his head is a cement truck! just his HEAD!
Just that cement truck is roughly the same mass and size of optimus primes truckcab....if not more mass....
so we got a bot with a HEAD the same mass as OPPrime :shock: :shock:

this thing is gonna be HUGE ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

king kong? this guy is gonna make king kong look like a midget....

BRING IT!

ow btw.... if this whole thing turns out to false information to get us worked up about the movie and the constructicons don't turn up in the movie..... Bay is gonna get shot , seriously :p
bossbot
Minibot

Postby First-Aid » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:08 pm

No don't shoot him. We should dispose of him in the true way of the Geek:

COLLOSAL NUCLEAR WEDGIE!

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby FortisVox » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:24 pm

No don't shoot him. We should dispose of him in the true way of the Geek:

COLLOSAL NUCLEAR WEDGIE!

I would have to agree with you, because my first thought (shooting a precision guided nuclear missile up his mis-informing ass) would, frankly, be wasting the brilliant irony that is MBay dying in a massive explosion...

JMHO, of course...
REVENGE IS COMING
FortisVox
Mini-Con

Postby Galvatron628 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:36 pm

I for one don't plan on buying anymore movie toys ever. Most of them just plain sucked! Optimus and bumblebee were the only ones worth a damn.

The damn "price class" system ruins a lot of TF toys IMO. I'd like to see scale models, with detail that goes as far as the masterpiece series, but Hasbro wants to keep things cheap, so instead you get a Hummer H2 thats bigger than a GMC Topkick pickup! Also love how Jazz is larger than bumblebee.
Galvatron628
Headmaster Jr

Postby St. Even » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:51 pm

You guys must never play with your toys or watch kids play with them. If you want something huge to sit on a shelf you will need to build it yourself. Big toys are not that much fun to play with. This is true for an adult and super-true for a child. If you have ever tried to play with Unicron or another large toy you will know what I am talking about. Big toys are cumbersome. They are slow to transform, they are hard hold while holding another toy, they are hard to interact with another toy, etc. Smaller transformers are more enjoyable to play with. Members with kids will know what I mean. Legends class toys are great fun because they are easy to hold in one hand, transform quickly, and are fairly tough (parts don't fly off when they are thrown). Kids are not all that concerned if the toys look like what is on screen. If this was true, G1 would have never made it. Kids use imagination. A seven year-old will imagine a huge, complex Devastator while he is holding an eight-inch figure. Hasbro designs these toys for kids, not adults.
St. Even
Minibot

Postby First-Aid » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:12 am

St. Even wrote:You guys must never play with your toys or watch kids play with them. If you want something huge to sit on a shelf you will need to build it yourself. Big toys are not that much fun to play with. This is true for an adult and super-true for a child. If you have ever tried to play with Unicron or another large toy you will know what I am talking about. Big toys are cumbersome. They are slow to transform, they are hard hold while holding another toy, they are hard to interact with another toy, etc. Smaller transformers are more enjoyable to play with. Members with kids will know what I mean. Legends class toys are great fun because they are easy to hold in one hand, transform quickly, and are fairly tough (parts don't fly off when they are thrown). Kids are not all that concerned if the toys look like what is on screen. If this was true, G1 would have never made it. Kids use imagination. A seven year-old will imagine a huge, complex Devastator while he is holding an eight-inch figure. Hasbro designs these toys for kids, not adults.

Dude, that'a a really good point. I have vague memories of doing exactly that when I was a kid...the best big toys are the ones that stand up on their own, too...that way you don't have to hold them up and you can attack them with TWO WHOLE toys at the same time since you had both hands free!

Perhaps we will see a giant Dev down the road as a collector's exclusive somewhere, but not right now.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Badass Grimlock » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 pm

Motto: "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
Iron-Man wrote:That sounds retarded. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Yeah, total crap!

You should see this guy's Deavstator.

Scroll Down on the bar on the left to see it.
My Blog!
Also formerly Starscream-dude, Toruk Makto,and Sackjack (but only briefly.)
Badass Grimlock
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: ???
Skill: 7

Postby First-Aid » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:47 am

Starscream_dude wrote:
Iron-Man wrote:That sounds retarded. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Yeah, total crap!

You should see this guy's Deavstator.

Scroll Down on the bar on the left to see it.

That is an awesome figure! Absolutely fantastic!

My question is: how realistic is it? Where would a piece such as a giant fist and forearm be stored in a vehicle like Scavenger though? Or Bonecrusher? G1 figures are fantastic...I'm not going to say they aren't because I grew up with them. The trick is coming up with something that the average moviegoer will believe...and that Devastator is simply not believeable from a live-action standpoint. As a result, they have to come up with something NEW and ORIGINAL (god forbid) to appease the masses. We like this Devastator because we grew up with it or because we followed the comics or one continuity or another. ILM (not Bay...it isn't the director who comes up with these ideas) is trying to create something believeable, new, and unique for the new continuum. So virtually ANYTHING in the past is moot. I say, let them have their ideas. We can live with what we have...or maybe we'll actually like the new ideas that ILM has come up with. Who knows? We can't say for sure until we see it for sure. So give them a chance...if we're willing to give peace a chance, or give democracy a chance, then we should be able to give a group of free thinking creative people trying to come up with something new a chance as well.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #31 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM299 31A (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
NEW!
KING SPAWN #31 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #336 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 SEP220314 336A (W) McConville (CA) Greene"
SPAWN #336 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 OCT210017 1C Spawn (CA) Capullo (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #266 Cvr B Retro Trade Image Comics MAR230179 266B (CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #266 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #335 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 AUG220231 335A (W) McConville (CA) Toledano"
SPAWN #335 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220302 2A (A/CA) Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #269 Cvr D TWD retro Image Comics 2024 0823IM435 269D (CA) Larsen"
NEW!
SAVAGE DRAGON #269 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 AUG210014 1B (CA) McFarlane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr J 1:20 Image Comics 2022 JUN220018 1J (CA) Tan"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #21 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230238 21B (A/CA) Booth"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #344 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230281 344A (W) McConville (CA) Williams"
SPAWN #344 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220241 331B (W) McConville (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #331 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #350 Cvr D Image Comics 2024 1123IM226 350D (CA) Booth"
NEW!
SPAWN #350 Cvr D I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #794 Cvr E Spawn DC Comics 2022 NOV190399 794E (CA) Cheung"
WONDER WOMAN #794 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON