This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASBRO TF Q/A-- December Edition-- Round 2

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: HASBRO TF Q/A-- December Edition-- Round 2

Postby Badass Grimlock » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Motto: "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
1. Will the Universe 2.0 line feature a new mold of Trypticon (Or at least a repaint)?
My Blog!
Also formerly Starscream-dude, Toruk Makto,and Sackjack (but only briefly.)
Badass Grimlock
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: ???
Skill: 7

Postby Ode to a Grasshopper » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:43 am

When oh when (if ever) will we see a Leobreaker-mold Razorclaw redeco (a la Dawn of Futures Past)?
With the new Leo Prime headsculpt it'd be simplicity itself to make (redeco it and add a visor to the headsculpt and it's done) and the biomechanical-style of the mold would work so well for Razorclaw...please? :grin:
Ode to a Grasshopper
Mini-Con

Postby JazZeke » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Ode to a Grasshopper wrote:When oh when (if ever) will we see a Leobreaker-mold Razorclaw redeco (a la Dawn of Futures Past)?
With the new Leo Prime headsculpt it'd be simplicity itself to make (redeco it and add a visor to the headsculpt and it's done) and the biomechanical-style of the mold would work so well for Razorclaw...please? :grin:

They're giving us that on the Legends scale, at least. And since I can just pretend that Razorclaw has just upgraded to downscaled "Beast-Era-Predacon" tech, it works for me. :D
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Arlekkin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:37 am

Another question came to my mind.

8. In the upcoming waves of Universe Deluxe figures we have 2 beast wars characters and 1 armada character. Are we gonna see any characters from these serieses (or other serieses) done into Universe Legends? (an idea for a TF Universe Legends Rattrap comes to mind for instance)
Arlekkin
Micromaster

Postby Deadpool. » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:29 am

Here's a few from me.

1. Will more Armada figures be updated in the Universe line? Some of the Armada figures (such as Sideways) have very limited articulation and poseability. Likewise, will figures from Energon/Superlink also receive the same treatment?

2. Will the 25th Anniversary Universe line include more G1-accurate redecoes of Classics figures (like the 25th Anniv Universe Starscream figure)?

3. Will there be a Red Alert redeco of the Sideswipe/Sunstreaker mold in Universe? Likewise, will Universe Inferno be retooled into Universe Grapple? What about some of the G1 Autobots such as Tracks and Hoist?

4. Would it be possible for a new mold to be made for Blaster? The Cybertron Soundwave repaint is quite different from the G1 version.

5. Is it possible to make more triplechangers in addition to Astrotrain and Octane (Tankor)? The Autobot side currently has no triplechangers yet.

6. How about an updated Omega Supreme for the Universe line?
Deadpool.
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Senor Hugo » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:49 pm

I only have one question for them.

1. Why should we, the collectors continue to buy their products when a good majority of the figures have been plagued with quality control issues, from the poor design of Universe Ironhide, that does not allow him to transform properly, to the tacky paint apps on Universe Prowl, to the whole mess of problems recorded with the Animated figures. If it was only a one-time thing that is fine, but it hasn't been, it's been consistent throughout the lines as of late. We should have to spend hard-earned money, especially in these times on faulty figures, and then have to fix these faults ourselves. So, why should we continue to buy Hasbro's products when quality control seems to be severely lacking?
Senor Hugo
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Optimist_Prime » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:06 pm

If nothing else, I would like to stress my question about the potential of seeing a repaint of Cybertron Unicron as Bludgeon.

It's images like this that make you even forget this mold was supposed to be Unicron.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - G. Stanley Hall, Unsourced variant
Optimist_Prime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Chaoslock » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:32 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
1. With pictures of the japanese edition of Masterpiece Grimlock surfaceing, does Hasbro plan to make it available in 2009?

2. The japanese Encore line is very popular, is there a chance of making a similar, mass-reissue line?

3. Is it a possibility that in the near-future multilanguage boxes and cards could feature the full-length bios of transformers in one form or other? (for example, bio cards included in box?) We are really missing them, and it is very frustrating.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:57 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Chaoslock wrote:3. Is it a possibility that in the near-future multilanguage boxes and cards could feature the full-length bios of transformers in one form or other? (for example, bio cards included in box?) We are really missing them, and it is very frustrating.

They are included, at least in Canada. They're on the back of the instructions.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5

Postby Chaoslock » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:39 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
1337W422102 wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:3. Is it a possibility that in the near-future multilanguage boxes and cards could feature the full-length bios of transformers in one form or other? (for example, bio cards included in box?) We are really missing them, and it is very frustrating.

Well, European boxes feature no tech specs, no bio, only the abilities of the tfs, but luckily, we have those on 11 different languages.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:53 am

Chaoslock wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

Well, European boxes feature no tech specs, no bio, only the abilities of the tfs, but luckily, we have those on 11 different languages.

:( Holy WTF!
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ShockGuey » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 pm

1)How many toys from the Beast Wars series will the we expect in the Universe 2008 line?
2)Will more characters from the 1980's cartoon be turned into toys for the Universe 2008 line?
3)Is Hasbro looking into bringing back Die-Cast parts and Chrome for the Transformers toys?
4)What is Hasbro planning to do about the faulty plastic bits hindering articualtion Animated toys?
5)Is the Soundwave toy that has been in circulation truly from the RotF line?
ShockGuey
Mini-Con

Postby toxinom » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:33 pm

1). Are there any plans to release a Transformers Animated Leader class Lugnut thus far?

2). Will you make any brand new molds in Univerce for other combiners such as Defencor or Menasor

3). After Energon is released on DVD do you plan to release the entire series of Armada on DVD?

Not aiming at hasbro but does anyone know when the univerce combiners will be released or has that been released yet :-?
toxinom
Mini-Con

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:43 pm

What are the possibilities that we\ll see the Marvel Crossover moulds with new heads and/or other minor retoolings released as regular Transformers toys?

Asked because a lot of those designs have merits that seemed to be obscured by making them look like Marvel characters, primarily the gaudy colours and mismatched Vehicle Mode looks.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Bat Primus » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:56 pm

1. Will any of the characters of the Animated Transformers Movie see a plastic representation on Universe/Classics?

2. Will Grimlock and the other Dinobots recieve a Voyager size remake?

3.Will any other G1 minibot recieve the Legends treatment like Warpath and Wheelie for example?

4.Will Sunstorm appear in the Universe/Classics Treatment?

5.Will Blaster's cassette friends appear in any form on Universe/Classics line?

:grin:
Bat Primus
Mini-Con

Postby Gandalf » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:06 pm

Motto: "Not all those who wander are lost."
Weapon: Sword
Why the "Oregon" license plate for Universe Ironhide, rather than something similar to "SWIPE" or "WE R 84" as seen on Sideswipe and Sunstreaker?

I second these questions:

Would it be possible for a new mold to be made for Blaster? The Cybertron Soundwave repaint is quite different from the G1 version.

Is it possible to make more triplechangers in addition to Astrotrain and Octane (Tankor)? The Autobot side currently has no triplechangers yet.
Gandalf
Fuzor

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:09 pm

Gandalf wrote:Why the "Oregon" license plate for Universe Ironhide, rather than something similar to "SWIPE" or "WE R 84" as seen on Sideswipe and Sunstreaker?

Because The G1 Cartoon took place in Oregon and "WE R 84" is neither witty nor funny.
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Point » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:42 pm

1. Will we ever see an end to "allspark blue"?

2. Are you (hopefully) running out of "allspark blue" paint?

3. Can we never see "allspark blue" paint ever ever ever again?
Point
Micromaster

Postby digitalworld40 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Is there any plans on making new molds for Soundwave and Shockwave for the Transformers Classics/Universe Line?
digitalworld40
Mini-Con

Postby First-Aid » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:48 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
omega666 wrote:
Valandar wrote:
soundwave2010 wrote:Will there be a classics deluxe thundercracker and skywarp release in the US so we don't have to pay $70 each for an import?

Will there be a reissue of classics voyagers megatron and optimus?

Skywarp was ALREADY released over here in Classics, in the 2-pack with Ultra Magnus.

Staracream was ALREADY release in the classics line but they are also releasing a Universe vesrion. So I think a Universe Skywarp and Thundercracker version that we can ALL get would be good.

I have to agree with this as well...if Starscream can get re-released, then why not the other members of the Seekers? I'm inlcluding Thrust and Dirge here too...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby samtastic » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:18 am

1. In the Robot Heroes line, are there plans to produce more G1 combiners such as Devastator, Superion, Bruticus, Defensor or Menasor?

2. Were there (are there) plans to release large scale robot heroes figures (like the Marvel line) for combiners and or base figures like Omega Supreme and Metrolplex?

3. Can you go into detail (using robot heroes as an example) how you decide which G1 toys you rercreate when. Predaking looks cool, but seems less obvious than G1 Devastator or Superion.

4. How extensive are your plans for Transformers Mighty Muggs - how many figures/lines are planned for the future?

5. Any plans to release Mini-Mighty Muggs for Transfromers and/or other lines?

6. Would you consider selling blank Mighty Muggs toys in bulk at a lower rate so we customizers can go crazy painting obscure transformers Mighty Muggs and not go broke? It seems unfair to charge the same amount for both painted and unpainted muggs.

5. Have you, or will you ever consider creating a giant behind-the-scenes coffee table book that details the creation process of Transformers toys, the art, the engineering, the prototypes, past and present, US and Japan? This would be amazing as they still remain the most complex, creative and interesting toys in the history of all remembered time. You can release it with a tiny, never before released prototype packaged with the book!

Thanks!

Sam
samtastic
Mini-Con

Postby Gandalf » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:40 am

Motto: "Not all those who wander are lost."
Weapon: Sword
1337W422102 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:Why the "Oregon" license plate for Universe Ironhide, rather than something similar to "SWIPE" or "WE R 84" as seen on Sideswipe and Sunstreaker?

Because The G1 Cartoon took place in Oregon and "WE R 84" is neither witty nor funny.

I was unaware or had forgotten that the G1 animated series was centered in Oregon. Thanks.

I thought "WE R 84" was a clever (read: witty) nod to the origin of the Transformers line (or, it could also represent the year they were revived by Teletraan I). No less witty than "Oregon".
Gandalf
Fuzor

Postby AdventPrime » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:59 am

Motto: ""Damn, that quote has already been taken.""
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
1. Will there be a release of a Universe Ratchet from the Universe Ironhide mold?
2. Will any other Legends figures get a new, higher class mold, just like Hound?
3. Since there will be a Ravage accessory for Hound, will there be a new Universe Soundwave mold to store Ravage in?
4. Since there are already Universe Galvatron and Cyclonus figures, will there be a release of a Universe Scourge?
Smile for the hell of it.
AdventPrime
Micromaster
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: ???

Postby Valandar » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:34 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
AdventPrime wrote:1. Will there be a release of a Universe Ratchet from the Universe Ironhide mold?

No need to ask, BBTS just revealed Ratchet is in Wave 6.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby 1337W422102 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:30 am

Gandalf wrote:I thought "WE R 84" was a clever (read: witty) nod to the origin of the Transformers line (or, it could also represent the year they were revived by Teletraan I). No less witty than "Oregon".

Well, that's what they were aiming for, but I think something like "SUNNY" or a plate of "The Sunshine State" would have been better. That being said, I'm digging the 'Help Us' from the Ratchet figure.
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr T 1:30 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240124 2T Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZG FOC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN247377 2ZG (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230204 1A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230206 1C (W/CA) Shalvey (A) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JUL239634 3B (CA) Mhan"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKELETOR vs HE-MAN Masters of the Universe Minis MOTU SDCC Comic-Con 2013 New"
SKELETOR vs HE-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr S 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230222 1S (CA) Action Figure"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JUL231102 1A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 AUG210313 4B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr P 1:20 Line Art Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240203 3P Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZB 1:200 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1ZB Parrillo 240206"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr X FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247369 2X (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240189 3B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics FEB230374 3A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON