This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed

Postby TFBuyer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Dead Metal wrote:
TFBuyer wrote:
Barrelass wrote:I have just decided that I can't deal with the chrome and the stripes. I really hope that Hasbro can/does use this mold (so long as it doesn't upset the Botcon masses), cause I like em, but can't deal with those two things for that price. Sad too, cause I just found out a couple months back that I have a cousin living in Japan right now.

Yeah, good luck with that one...

And why does it look like they ran out of wings to use for Thrust so they just grabbed whatever they could find on the cutting room floor? Weird choices on these two...

It looks like you can detach the fans from the lags and put them on his main wings so that he looks like this:

I suppose. The whole shape of them is somewhat off-putting. I will give props to those that have seen the silver lining here, though. These things really shouldn't threaten the GoD set owners whatsoever.

Recent TF Purchases--Transformers Power of the Primes!
TFBuyer
Headmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby bcm77 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:44 pm

I think Dirge will look awesome with the blue & white deco removed from the wings but I'm not really digging Thrust as the wings look a bit of a mess and I think I'd sooner get a custom one made with a set of wings from the G1 toy modded to fit a Classics/Henkei Ramjet.

And having received my Henkei Skywarp & Thundercracker today I have MAJOR concerns about how the quality of the joints will be and as much as I like most of the Henkei line I'm somewhat reluctant to pay import prices for something that I could potentially end up paying an additional customs charge for only to discover that one of them has a shoulder joint so loose that it makes it impossible to pose the arm any way other than straight down because it flops into that position each time I try and repose it.
bcm77
Fuzor

Postby Ultra Prime » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
After seeing the color pictures of Henkei Thrust & Dirge I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm very, very glad I got the Botcon set.

However, I am glad that non-botcon ownwers have the opportunity to get some version of a Classics Thrust and Classics Dirge.
Collection Count: Just enough G1 & Classics to make this look good!
Ultra Prime
Headmaster Jr
Buy from Ultra Prime on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby Koloth » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 pm

Fatconvoy wrote:well this is just perverse. the whole selling point of henkei ramjet was the lack of ugly wing decal and more authentic g1 look. inconsistent much, takara?

ho hum. though i must say it softens the blow with regards to the fact that i own the GoD set. :D

It is likely the fact that the GoD set exists that they can't do a more accurate paint job. The stipulations were when making this set that they couldn't use the wing molds or the paint scheme used in the Botcon set. So they didn't. Dirge got the better wing mold over the botcon set. But both figures kind of suffer from trying to make the paint scheme just different enough.

Not sure why Dirge couldn't use Ramjet's missles though. Still wouldn't be quite accurate but it would be closer.
Koloth
Vehicon

Postby turkishproverb » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 am

Hmm.. not bad. Here's hoping I can pick a few of these up cheap when they start coming in with the wrong legs.
Epithet for the 10th Doctor
I look forward to the future,
To Another time, another place, and even another Doctor.
But I do not wish to hurt you, or for you to feel unloved.
I would never hurt you that way.
I will miss you greatly, your smile, your strength, your pity and your rage.
I am sorry to see you go.

I'm Sorry, I'm so sorry.
turkishproverb
Micromaster

Postby Arlekkin » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:06 am

well I'm still pondering whether I should get them or not. I didn't get the GoD box set (I live on a god forsaken island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea). If I do get a Thrust less than $100 (postage included) I'll go for the Henkei one... Dirge is already a winner even though I don't like the stripes, but the upgrade of the wings is already something. And if I'm seeing well, the fans of Henkei Thrust seem different from the ones in the wings of Botcon Thrust. I think that Takara should have updated on the Botcon wings. Well I don't see anything wrong with the paler face on Thrust, as the details come out well.

One more thing... are these store exclusives? If yes.... what's the problem if they had the same wings.... I don't think they would devalue the botcon set (seeing the prices of the Botcon Thundercracker and the price of a Henkei Thundercracker on ebay is a fine example)
Arlekkin
Micromaster

Postby Editor » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
If I understand correctly the wings done for Botcon Thrust were done by Funpub and as such Takara wouldn't have the molds to recast them anyways.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Skullcrunchberries » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Motto: "It's time to pull up a groove and get fabulous."
Weapon: Twin Rocket Launchers
...interesting. I'll most likely be having a Dirge sent my way, since the wings at least are an improvement, but if I get Thrust it'll be purely for the novelty of those funky wings. Then again, I'm a sucker for weird stuff.

So these three dyslexic men walk into a bra... oh HAHAHA I am so funny
Skullcrunchberries
Headmaster Jr
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Geekee1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Editor wrote:If I understand correctly the wings done for Botcon Thrust were done by Funpub and as such Takara wouldn't have the molds to recast them anyways.

No, Takara did the engineering on Thrusts wings as well.
Geekee1
Godmaster
News Credits: 7

Postby Barrelass » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:19 pm

Does anyone in here who lives in Japan know what the approximate total price (shipping + taxes) that one of these costs for a resident of Japan? I am considering asking my cousin over there to pick them up for me, and want to see if it is worth my time before emailing him.
Barrelass
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby Stormrider » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Barrelass wrote:Does anyone in here who lives in Japan know what the approximate total price (shipping + taxes) that one of these costs for a resident of Japan? I am considering asking my cousin over there to pick them up for me, and want to see if it is worth my time before emailing him.

Around $40 with shipping for each.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Stormrider » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:40 pm

New information about Henkei Thrust has been revealed. According to the Japanese blog, Moe Kyon, which is presented by Ganbo-Store.com, Thrust’s fans are detachable and can be placed on the main wings. In addition, the fans can spin freely. Look at the pictures and judge for yourself if the extra holes seen on the main wings have something to do with the fan attachments.

You can see the translated page here.

Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Editor » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:54 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
I thought those rotor packs would be movable.

Likely the images have them on the tail fins so any promotion material would be clearly different than the Botcon version.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby turkishproverb » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:28 am

Stormrider wrote:
Barrelass wrote:Does anyone in here who lives in Japan know what the approximate total price (shipping + taxes) that one of these costs for a resident of Japan? I am considering asking my cousin over there to pick them up for me, and want to see if it is worth my time before emailing him.

Around $40 with shipping for each.

Man. Makes me wish I knew someone over there. Huge markup to get it from a shop.
Epithet for the 10th Doctor
I look forward to the future,
To Another time, another place, and even another Doctor.
But I do not wish to hurt you, or for you to feel unloved.
I would never hurt you that way.
I will miss you greatly, your smile, your strength, your pity and your rage.
I am sorry to see you go.

I'm Sorry, I'm so sorry.
turkishproverb
Micromaster

Postby Savage » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:02 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Every picture I see is prettier and prettier.
Soon my Seeker army will be complete!
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby horus » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:50 am

Motto: "Drown them in sound till you here no whispers"
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
the fans can spin???????????
:shock: :shock:

WIN! :APPLAUSE:
horus
Fuzor
News Credits: 5
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Skill: 10+

Postby Mykltron » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:10 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Why the hell did they put the fans on the tailfins anyway? They're supposed to be on the wings.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Stormrider » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:54 am

They probably placed the fans on the tailfins because they wanted folks to see that the mold is different from the Botcon mold.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Prime's Trailer » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 am

Stormrider wrote:New information about Henkei Thrust has been revealed. According to the Japanese blog, Moe Kyon, which is presented by Ganbo-Store.com, Thrust’s fans are detachable and can be placed on the main wings. In addition, the fans can spin freely. Look at the pictures and judge for yourself if the extra holes seen on the main wings have something to do with the fan attachments.

You can see the translated page here.

At least no-one can accuse Takaratomy of not thinking about the 'fans'!
:D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Prime's Trailer
Minibot

Postby Firebird » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:27 am

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
That's hilarious!

But it's cool that they were able to work movable and rotating fans into the figure. Now you get a better looking jet mode, and cartoon accurate legs.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Smokescreen85 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:26 am

Motto: ""A look can be deceiving; a touch can be lethal.""
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Thank Primus, Thrust's fans are movable and that they can actually spin!!! Very cool indeed. I guess I'll have to preorder this bad boy now since I'm all out of excuses. :D
Smokescreen85
RPG Moderator
Alt Mode: Nissan Z Proto
Strength: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby leader magnus prime » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 pm

thrust looks awesome
Devastation is coming
leader magnus prime
Vehicon

Postby First Gen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:14 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
:shock: Detachable and Spinning?!!!!!

Oh nelly, thank goodness I got these preordered already.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Tekka » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Prime's Trailer wrote:At least no-one can accuse Takaratomy of not thinking about the 'fans'!
:D

You totally went there.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 2

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Hell yes! I'm so glad I have a connection in the Land of the Rising Sun. I passed on Henkei Ramjet and thanks to his pegwarmer status I'll get all 3 shipped for less then what BBTS wants for Thrust and Dirge before shipping. $320 to have a complete set of Seekers and Coneheads in the same G1 deco style vs. around $1000 backmarket to have the Classics/Botcon versions with randomly mismatched deco styles. *wipes Manly Tears* Epic Win! Thank you TakTom!

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2019 JUL190687 1B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #33 IDW Comics 2014 Dawn of Autobots 200211b"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 231222Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210544 13B (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 4C GI JOE 0124IM249 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUN210502 7RI (CA) Guidry"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 MAY221566 3B (CA)Allison"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON