This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASBRO to match "Text 4 Tots" donations

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

HASBRO to match "Text 4 Tots" donations

Postby First Gen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:01 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
With more and more families feeling the financial pains of the current state of economic recession, they are turning to the Toys For Tots Foundation to help provide their children with a little joy this holiday season. The Toys For Tots Foundation is also experiencing a drop in toy donations as less families are able to afford purchasing toys for the collection bins.

Now you can help without even going to the store. Text For Tots is a new way that the US Marine Corps Reserve based charity has devised so that you can provide a $5.00 USD donation to Toys For Tots via your mobile phone.

Simple text the word TOY to number 90999 and a one time charge of $5.00 USD will be added to your phone bill. These donations will be used to purchase toys for "the economically disadvantaged children across the country".

But wait, it gets better. Not only will your donation go to helping deserving children, but our favorite toy company, HASBRO, Inc. has agreed to donate a toy or game for every text donation received by December 21st 2008, by up to 150,000 texts.

"Through the gift of a shiny new toy, Toys for Tots delivers hope and joy to millions of children," says Brian Goldner, president and chief executive officer for Hasbro, Inc. "We want to help make sure every family who turns to Toys for Tots for assistance this year, will have the opportunity to put a smile on the face of a deserving child."

Here is a great opportunity to help out a worthy cause and double the joy of giving with your donation.

To learn more about the Text For Tots charity, click here.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: HASBRO to match "Text 4 Tots" donations

Postby TankedThomas » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:27 am

Ok, who wants to bet Hasbro will be giving away old Movie stock and unwanted figures such as repaints and movie legends and also cheaper figures like legends AND even just stuff like Robot Heroes and those useless Unleashed "toys" that do nothing? I think that's what they'll want to give away for free. No way they'll donate 50 Leader Ultra Magnus' and 30 Voyager Starscreams (for example, of course and kind of exaggerated).
TankedThomas
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch TankedThomas on YouTube
Strength: 3
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: ???
Firepower: 5

Postby Swiftpaw » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:55 am

Considering some of these kids can be lucky to get anything? That's probably a good use for some overstock, actually.
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby ragingtsunami726 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:29 am

tomy1381 wrote:Ok, who wants to bet Hasbro will be giving away old Movie stock and unwanted figures such as repaints and movie legends and also cheaper figures like legends AND even just stuff like Robot Heroes and those useless Unleashed "toys" that do nothing? I think that's what they'll want to give away for free. No way they'll donate 50 Leader Ultra Magnus' and 30 Voyager Starscreams (for example, of course and kind of exaggerated).

You know, with all due respect, I'm pretty sure most kids who are getting things from Toys for Tots would be excited as heck to get any Transformers. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to say "Oh, I hate movie Stockade, I really wanted Animated Lugnut." Free toys are free toys, and I would LOVE to get free legends toys, Robot Heroes or even Unleashed toys.
ragingtsunami726
Micromaster

Postby TankedThomas » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:17 am

Swiftpaw wrote:Considering some of these kids can be lucky to get anything? That's probably a good use for some overstock, actually.
ragingtsunami726 wrote:
tomy1381 wrote:Ok, who wants to bet Hasbro will be giving away old Movie stock and unwanted figures such as repaints and movie legends and also cheaper figures like legends AND even just stuff like Robot Heroes and those useless Unleashed "toys" that do nothing? I think that's what they'll want to give away for free. No way they'll donate 50 Leader Ultra Magnus' and 30 Voyager Starscreams (for example, of course and kind of exaggerated).

You know, with all due respect, I'm pretty sure most kids who are getting things from Toys for Tots would be excited as heck to get any Transformers. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to say "Oh, I hate movie Stockade, I really wanted Animated Lugnut." Free toys are free toys, and I would LOVE to get free legends toys, Robot Heroes or even Unleashed toys.

Totally fair. I agree. But I mean, getting a toy that does nothing really would just be odd and also, getting one that falls apart would suck. I mean, sure, they'd love to have pretty much any toy but seriously, how fun would it be to get Universe Galvatron (for example) and having it fall apart and being able to transform one arm, one leg and a body into pretty much nothing? A bit over the top but what I'm getting at is if they give them the real rubbish that no one wants, that'd suck.
TankedThomas
Micromaster
Watch TankedThomas on YouTube
Strength: 3
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: ???
Firepower: 5

Postby First Gen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:25 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
You can make sure that some kids get the Transformers you think are awesome by buying and donating them to Toys For Tots. :D
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Return to General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON