This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Cheetor"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Cheetor"

Postby Richter » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:22 pm

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

CHEETOR

Written by;
Clinton “Tahu Prime” Avery

Art by;
Cody “Cryo Prime” Avery

Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Cheetor"

Postby neutralstate » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:12 pm

hmm... i think the story could have done with some more fleshing out :/
neutralstate
Micromaster

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:02 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I am Vengeance. I am the Night. I am... BATM- whoops wrong lines.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby mechajol » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:04 am

story? there's a story? where? i thought cheetor was just introducing himself to all of us...

i mean, seriously, WTF!?
mechajol
Vehicon

Postby proximus » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:10 am

Motto: "The more you know, the less you don't know.

Find me and my photos on Instagram @doctor_decepticon"
...he is also very brief.

The more you know, the less you don't know
proximus
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby First Gen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:20 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
As Sabrblade jested above, its a play off of Batman.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Dreadwinglord » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:03 am

This is teribble! What the hell? It's just Cheetor runnin' around shootin stuff.
Dreadwinglord
Minibot

Postby WhiteRabbit » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 am

Everybody keep in mind that not everyone who's contributed to this project is a 30 year old, life-long Transformers fan with years and years of creative endeavors under their belts.

This project has its parameters, yes, but we saw no need to close it off to the franchise's younger enthusiasts.

How about showing a bit of class and offering these lads some useful feedback rather than spewing over-reactions?
WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Postby First Gen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:25 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
WhiteRabbit wrote:Everybody keep in mind that not everyone who's contributed to this project is a 30 year old, life-long Transformers fan with years and years of creative endeavors under their belts.

This project has its parameters, yes, but we saw no need to close it off to the franchise's younger enthusiasts.

How about showing a bit of class and offering these lads some useful feedback rather than spewing over-reactions?

My apologies to you WhiteRabbit and the Mosaic crew. Sometimes we lose sight of whats going on beneath and only see what is in front of our eyes. Personally I thought the strip was rather clever, as I am a huge Batman fan. Mixing TF's and Batman would be my dream, but alas, HASBRO does not own the rights to the Caped Crusader.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck

Postby Autobot Cheetor » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:30 am

Weapon: Laser Pistol
Aside from my bias thoughts about it, I like it :mrgreen: . I dont know if the writer was going for the Batman thing but it did give me that Batty feeling lol, and the way the artist drew cheetor was cute. One thing I thought would be constructive to say was maybe on the next one if you choose to highlight that sketchy look try to use less bright and flat colors while inking, it tends to for lack of a better term, look funny. Water colors look great with that sketchy look, ok thats my two cents. Great mosaic, keep it up!
Autobot Cheetor
Mini-Con
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:12 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I dig the art. It has its place, and I love the detail in the robot mode of the transformation pic. Makes me wish I had more time to draw/sketch again.

As for the writing, not every piece has to try to cram in tons of dialogue to be effective. This could very well be when he came online, and his first transformation. Personally being an artist (formerly), the story should be able to be told as much through the art as the dialogue, and I think this piece effectively uses both.

I like the simplicity of it, and I think the arts sketchy-ness and none too complex coloring support the dialogue well.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Covenant » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:49 am

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Apologies, but this one is just bad. There's all of three inner monologue balloons and they tell essentially nada. There's no story here, no point. Especially with the transformation and shooting for no apparent reason. And the art? Eh.
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Sledge » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:27 am

WhiteRabbit wrote:Everybody keep in mind that not everyone who's contributed to this project is a 30 year old, life-long Transformers fan with years and years of creative endeavors under their belts.

What difference does age make? I have no idea how old the people are who've made any of these things, and I don't care. It's irrelevant. And I think people pointing out that this didn't have a story and therefore seems pretty pointless is a useful piece of feedback. It's certainly the sort of thing I'd appreciate having pointed out about anything I've written.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby King Slick » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:47 am

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
WEAK! It sure needed a lot more to it.
Big trouble in a small package.
King Slick
Minibot
Strength: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:58 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If it was going to be a Batman joke, they should have used "What are you, dense? Retarded or something? I'm the goddamn Batman!" Best Batman line evar!
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5

Postby mechajol » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:59 am

Sorry if I offended you, but I agree with this guy here.

Covenant wrote:Apologies, but this one is just bad. There's all of three inner monologue balloons and they tell essentially nada. There's no story here, no point.

I think the point of the mosaic is to feature another dimension to these fictional characters. To make things much more interesting. I've read mosaic strips that portrayed Tracks as some sorta secret assassin, heck, some stories even stretched so far and suggested Soundwave as Prime and Magnus's long-lost brother. See? Interesting.

Now, Cheetor. Yeah, he's fast, yeah he's stealthy. And what? Whoah! His name is Cheetor! Wow! What a twist! I never would have guessed that from the title alone!

I mean, I might as well draw Optimus Prime on the street, cruisng then transforming and say "I'm Red." "I'm a truck." "I'm Optimus Prime." But then, so what?

Sledge wrote:What difference does age make? I have no idea how old the people are who've made any of these things, and I don't care. It's irrelevant. And I think people pointing out that this didn't have a story and therefore seems pretty pointless is a useful piece of feedback. It's certainly the sort of thing I'd appreciate having pointed out about anything I've written.

x2
mechajol
Vehicon

Postby Wingspan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:19 am

Motto: "Death is not the end."
The Batman play is nice - although possibly more appropriate for other characters (e.g. Rattrap). To have improved this presentation, I'd recommend having Cheetor stalking someone and use more panels to give the feel of speed. For example, show him stalking Tarantulus back to his lair (I am stealthy), setting a charge (I am fast), and escaping with the exploding arachnid and his precious toys in the background (I am Cheetor) but use 2-3 panels for each part of the story. The above (using the art to tell the story - like tigertracks24 said) plus the feedback on how to make the coloring more dramatic (from Autobot Cheetor) could make a big difference.

I'd recommend giving these authors another shot if they desire; if they don't they still deserve praise for contributing. Any arm-chair authors/artists should show some respect to that - or produce something themselves. Blatant disrespect is inappropriate even if the bar is missed. The best mosaics will receive many posts of praise, the lesser will receive few or none; in other words, silence would have been better than venom.
Omnis enim, qui mala agit, odit lucem et non venit ad lucem, ut non arguantur opera eius; qui autem facit veritatem, venit ad lucem, ut manifestentur eius opera, quia in Deo sunt facta. Translation

XBox 360: BrandedByFlame
Wingspan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby ACIDSTORM » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:48 am

who says you had to be 30 ?
anyway you'd have to be at least in your teens to have watched this programme ,so say a teenager drew it it's still really bad ,it has no story and its scruffy.i mean just luck at the black spots ,it looks like someone scribbled them in with a pencil you could have at least filled them in with paint. this is just my opinion and i'm trying to give ideas to help with art.
ACIDSTORM
Micromaster

Postby atatcommander » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:03 pm

I agree with most people I think. The Batman reference is cool. but this could seriously use alot more. Bringing in the age and all in responce just made it worse i think. Its like saying "Up in the air, its a bird, no iits a plane, no its Starscream!" and just showing a pic of him. I have come to expect alot more from these, and this one doesn't live up to the hype. Sorry.
atatcommander
Micromaster

Postby Windsweeper » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:40 pm

I'm not sure why, but I like this. I like the style of the art.

I just can't believe someone compared Batman to Rattrap.

I could see Depth Charge as the modern gritty Batman or Silverbolt as the 60's Batman but never in a million years Rattrap. But's that because I find Rattrap to be one of the three most annoying TF's along with Quickstrike and Energon Ironhide. All 3 have voices that make Wheelie sound like Sean Connery.

Not trying to offend but I just don't see a link between Rattrap and Batman. But then I love Batman and hate Rattrap.

Anywho rant over, I do like the art in this.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Deltaprime » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:31 pm

The Autobats wage their battles to destroy the evil forces of... the Jokercons! Okay, now that that's out of the way, I'd like to say that, sure, the dialogue was lacking. But back off people! Seriously, there's no need to be a jerk to someone over a webcomic!
Deltaprime
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Who says it's only a play on Batman? It could also work with this guy:

"I am Mad! I am Evil! I am MOJO JOJO!!!"
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 9

Postby hippymule » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Motto: "stop begging and die!"
Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher

hey thanks for that comment i mean i'm 13ish and i'm not stupid i collect transformers,comics and tf dvds and i was not even born when the the g1 show was out(but i have the whole g1 boxset :P ) anyways i agre with whiterabbit not everybodys the best but thats damn good art work :D
hippymule
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10+
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby ACIDSTORM » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:49 pm

so.....everyone agree this is the worst mosaic
ACIDSTORM
Micromaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Earls"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E 1223IM263 (CA) Dragotta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP200474 5A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR238214 1B (CA) Young (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #1 One-Shot Cvr A Image Comics 2023 Hama cut 221208C"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 231208Y"
NEW!
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM895 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 FEB094332 4RI (A/CA) Johnson (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10B (CA) Williams (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B 0124IM239 (CA) Azaceta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B 1223IM260 (CA) Ortiz"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON