This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toys "R" Us Transformers Midnight Madness event (Florida)

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Toys "R" Us Transformers Midnight Madness event (Florida)

Postby juniorstoybox » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:02 pm

From the creator of the Toys "R" Us Transformers Fan Events comes......

This is it fans, your chance to celebrate the release of the new Transformers Live Action Movie Toys in style. At 11PM on June 1st, our store will open to fans from across the region with activities, collector's displays, prizes, free comic books, and all the excitement that visitors have come to expect from the Toys "R" Us TF Fan Events! Plus, attendees will be the first to get their hands on Hasbro's latest creations when sales begin at 12:01 am.

Don't miss this fantastic event; start planning your trip today.

Date: June 1st, 2007
Time: 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM

330 Brandon Town Center Bvd.
Brandon, Florida 33511
(813) 661-2606
Attachments
tf movie event promo.jpg
tf movie event promo.jpg (77.54 KiB) Viewed 5175 times
juniorstoybox
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:55 pm

Frac why does it have to be only in Brandon?

I was there once for a Transformers event back in 05

I wonder if Galvatron Prime is going :-?
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Bombus distinguendus » Tue May 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Motto: "Don't Judge Me!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
will this happen at other toysrus's also? and besides when do they Tf movie tofs officaly come out? u know some places were stupid and let the toys leek our early which is a big nono cuz they could get fined bigtime by hasbro if they wanted to.
"Dont Judge Me!"
Check out TheFanriotpodcast.com. were also on iTunes! Please check us out!
Bombus distinguendus
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Wheeljack35 » Wed May 02, 2007 1:26 pm

Well I know I will be working that night and will get first dibs when the set the toy aisle at my Target
Wheeljack35
City Commander

Postby Wheeljack35 » Wed May 02, 2007 1:28 pm

Bombus distinguendus wrote:will this happen at other toysrus's also? and besides when do they Tf movie tofs officaly come out? u know some places were stupid and let the toys leek our early which is a big nono cuz they could get fined bigtime by hasbro if they wanted to.

This event is happening only in Brandon Florida were they usually have a transformer event at each summer
Wheeljack35
City Commander

Postby Hotrod » Wed May 02, 2007 5:14 pm

Front paged and credited.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Starscream » Wed May 02, 2007 5:24 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
**** A, they did this for the wii.... I have a rehearsal dinner for a wedding that night.
Starscream
Targetmaster
News Credits: 16
Watch Starscream on YouTube
Buy from Starscream on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Kayevcee » Wed May 02, 2007 5:49 pm

Toys'r'us UK did this for the PS3 and for Revenge of the Sith toys. Not sure if they'll do it for TF over here, but you never know.

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon
News Credits: 3

Postby Roboto750 » Wed May 02, 2007 5:52 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Wheeljack35 wrote:
Bombus distinguendus wrote:will this happen at other toysrus's also? and besides when do they Tf movie tofs officaly come out? u know some places were stupid and let the toys leek our early which is a big nono cuz they could get fined bigtime by hasbro if they wanted to.

This event is happening only in Brandon Florida were they usually have a transformer event at each summer

Damn! :-x

I was really hoping for events like this at most TRUs around the country, much like they did for the SW toys. This leaves me very disappointed. Oh well...
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Quaternion » Wed May 02, 2007 7:05 pm

Weapon: Dual Impact Maces
Florida?!? Oh C'mon! Who in their right mind lives in florida!?!?

...oh wait. I live in florida. Yay florida! Now if I can only convince the wife to drive to where ever the hell Brandon is...
Quaternion
Fuzor
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9

Postby Spooner » Wed May 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Only in Florida, huh? No big deal - there's a new Super Walmart down the street - I'll just pop in there around 11:59pm on the 1st...
Spooner
Minibot

Postby Nemescream » Wed May 02, 2007 8:48 pm

I'd go (it's about 5 minutes away lol), but I've no urge to buy any of the movie toys. :?
Nemescream
Micromaster

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Wed May 02, 2007 9:27 pm

oh wow. this event is for people that cant wait a few more hours to get some toys. although the events and stuff arent bad.
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-340 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:00 pm

:PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: Please let this happen here. I'd so be all over it.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby Roboto750 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 pm

How do these TRU events come to be? Is this something that a local TRU could be approached about doing, or is it Hasbro's, or a TRU employee's, doing? I would love to see TF fan events at my TRU. It ranks as one of the top sellers in the Southern region I believe (I worked there a few years ago).
Roboto750
Headmaster

Postby Collector Maximus » Wed May 02, 2007 10:29 pm

I would dare say this will happen at other TRU. They did it for every Star wars movie premiere, why not Transformers? Or did I just answer my own question?

Seibertron's #1 Cure fan!
Collector Maximus
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu May 03, 2007 6:53 am

I hope this trend spreads

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu May 03, 2007 8:47 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Why cant this happen at all or most TRUs. Frakin toys r us.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby juniorstoybox » Sat May 05, 2007 8:44 pm

Roboto750 wrote:How do these TRU events come to be? Is this something that a local TRU could be approached about doing, or is it Hasbro's, or a TRU employee's, doing? I would love to see TF fan events at my TRU. It ranks as one of the top sellers in the Southern region I believe (I worked there a few years ago).

As a fan and an employee, it was my idea to bring a small "convention style" event to people who could not make the Botcons or wanted to get together with other local fans. We have activities, prizes, collector displays, and a lot of interesting stuff.

Over the yesrs, I have worked with Fun Publications, IDW, Hasbro, Stylinonline, Reprolabels, and some other great vendors to bring some interesting and exciting exclusives to the event. Those that attend these events know that I put on a great show because as a fan I know what I would like to see. So to answer your question, I do this because I want to give this to our state's fans and because this event usually translates well in attendance and sales.

If you are within hours of making it to the Tampa Bay area, you will not regret attending this event. It will be exciting, even if you do not want any of the movie toys,

- Junior
Last edited by juniorstoybox on Mon May 07, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
juniorstoybox
Mini-Con

Postby juniorstoybox » Sat May 05, 2007 8:48 pm

Collector Maximus wrote:I would dare say this will happen at other TRU. They did it for every Star wars movie premiere, why not Transformers? Or did I just answer my own question?

SW has a different fan base and my understanding is that TF demand does not approach that level to warrant a midnight event. If the movie is successful, perhaps we will see a National one for the sequel.
juniorstoybox
Mini-Con

Postby Roboto750 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:38 pm

juniorstoybox wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:How do these TRU events come to be? Is this something that a local TRU could be approached about doing, or is it Hasbro's, or a TRU employee's, doing? I would love to see TF fan events at my TRU. It ranks as one of the top sellers in the Southern region I believe (I worked there a few years ago).

As a fan and an employee, it was my idea to bring a small "convention style" event to people who could not make the Botcons or wanted to get together with other local fans. We have activities, prizes, collector displays, and a lot of interesting stuff.

Over the yesrs, I have worked Fun Publications, IDW, Hasbro, Stylinonline, Reprolabels, and some other great vendors to bring some interesting and exciting exclusives to the event. Those that attend these event know that I put on a great show because as a fans I know what I would like to see. So to answr your question, I do this because I want to give this to our state's fans and because this event usually translates well in attendance and sales.

If you are within hours of making it to the Tampa Bay area, you will not regret attending this event. It will be exciting, even if you do not want any of the movie toys,

- Junior

Sounds like a lot of fun! :D I just wish you had a clone to put together an event in my area, or that I lived closer to Tampa!
Roboto750
Headmaster

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON