This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator

Postby First Gen » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:36 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Seibertron.com has just received official images of the upcoming Transformers Animated figures Samurai Prowl and Waspinator, courtesy of Hunter PR. These high resolution images show better detail of the new sidecar that will be featured with Samurai Prowl, but apparently it will not come with the stop light and ninja star accessories the first release sported.

newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator

Postby ponycorn » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:45 am

Prowl's mouth looks funny.

Waspinator looks great, better than his Beastwars counterpart, best Waspinator ever.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Barrelass » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:16 am

I'll get Prowl, but he is staying in bike mode, cause that armor/sidecar/gear/whatever it is looks all kind of a mess.
Barrelass
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby harvester » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:20 am

First Gen wrote:... but apparently it will not come with the stop light and ninja star accessories the first release sported.

It looks like it will have the ninja stars. Take a closer look at the front wheel, you can see the blades and the hubcap is a different color.

So this makes me assume that this is the same Prowl mold but with an extra accessory for his armor, almost like Classics BumbleBee with his waverider turning into whatever it is that it turns into [jetpack?]. I didn't like that one as much but I like the idea of things transforming into robot accessories and this one seems pretty awesome.
harvester
Fuzor

Postby Stormrider » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:52 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Please tell me the helmet gets hidden in the alt mode.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Shadowstream » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:56 am

Weapon: No Weapon
Stormrider wrote:Please tell me the helmet gets hidden in the alt mode.

Looks to me like it goes down inside the front of the sidecar. Also, it looks as it the helmet doesn't even fit on the robot head
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby ultra_magus » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:32 am

Motto: "Mercy? You want mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!"
Weapon: Arm-Mounted Magnetic-Lock Destabilizer Cannon
I REALLY want that Prowl, but something tells me to wait and see... :-?
and I couldn't care less about Waspinator. Never was a Beastwars fan (I'm too damn old for that mid-nineties crud)and he just doesn't look a good enough figure to merit purchasing :P
Mercy? You want MERCY?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!
ultra_magus
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:47 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I realize that this Prowl has been remolded slightly, but he really is no different than the original, for the most part.

I'll bet this armor would fit on the original just fine, but seeing as they couldn't sell just the accessory kit, they had to repack him like this.

If... this armor will fit on the original, this one's getting tossed. I have no need for two of the same figure. I was expecting him to be completely different from what we're seeing here.

I thought the side car was permanently affixed and was part of the actual transformation to robot, not just snap on pieces.

I was hoping for a whole new redesign to incorporate all of this.

I'm still going to buy it because I want the armor, plus BBTS is the place I preordered with and I hate to cut them out of a dealing, but I'm none too pleased with the main robot itself.

Can't win 'em all.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Ode to a Grasshopper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:00 am

Looks like Hasbro has just gotten another $50 (Australian) outta me... =P~
Ode to a Grasshopper
Mini-Con

Postby Sledge » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:07 am

Autobot032 wrote:I realize that this Prowl has been remolded slightly, but he really is no different than the original, for the most part. <snip>

Little harsh, don't you think? From past experience (Elite Guard Bumblebee?), they could have just done the repaint and stuck that out as something new. Instead, they've made some changes AND put in a decent new accessory. Isn't that that the sort of thing we're always saying repaints should be about?
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:29 am

Sledge wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I realize that this Prowl has been remolded slightly, but he really is no different than the original, for the most part. <snip>

Little harsh, don't you think? From past experience (Elite Guard Bumblebee?), they could have just done the repaint and stuck that out as something new. Instead, they've made some changes AND put in a decent new accessory. Isn't that that the sort of thing we're always saying repaints should be about?

Harsh it may be, but that's how I feel.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sledge » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:33 am

I think you kinda brought that on yourself, to be honest. The idea that Hasbro were going to completely redo the figure instead of repainting was a little... optimistic?
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:58 am

Sledge wrote:I think you kinda brought that on yourself, to be honest. The idea that Hasbro were going to completely redo the figure instead of repainting was a little... optimistic?

With Hasbro, you never know. We ended up getting Oil Slick (still no idea why he was even made, but he's finally selling out. It's a miracle.) So it's not impossible to think that Hasbro could've made something new for Prowl.

But, let's go with the figure as is for a moment. A slight remold, lacking a few paint apps, and an accessory kit just ain't their best. We've seen what Hasbro is capable of, this just feels a little flat to me.

Like I said, I'll buy it for the sidecar, but beyond that I'm displeased with a stripped Prowl.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby SJ21 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:28 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I am glad I did not purchase Prowl when he first came out. I like the new look. You get basically the same fgure, plus the added firepower. Good work Hasbro.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10

Postby rpetras » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:37 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I also have to give Hasbro props for this one.

9 times out of 10 they just slap a repaint together and expect people to buy it. Patrol Bumblebee? Banana Yellow Ratchet? Roadbuster Magnus?

This time some effort was put in to come up with a cool new addition to the character that is also show related.

And, the basic version of Prowl is at least a little different from the original mold. I prefer the windshield on the original to this allspark blue version. So I don't feel totally ripped for having gotten Stoplight Prowl.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby caitlindevi » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:49 am

Hooray for Hasbro and their 'Meh, that'll do' slapdash photography squad!
Ignoring all feedback that thier products are misrepresented this troop of miscreants, with a devil may care attitude, laugh in the face of doing a proper job when a product is 'just for kids'

They'd best start taking note or they'll be turfed out on thier arses and will have to scrabble round for work and end up doing photoshoots of kebabs and burgers for dodgy late night takeaways.
caitlindevi
Mini-Con

Postby futronimus » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:56 am

Motto: "Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput."
Pass and pass.
Prowl has a hard enough time standing without all that extra junk on his shoulders.
futronimus
Mini-Con

Postby TFGnome » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:12 am

Motto: "manipulation trumps skill"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Animated Waspinator will stand infront of my
BW Waspinators box and mock him :lol:
TFGnome
Minibot
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Mr-Valkeyreion » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:04 am

Prowl's mouth looks funny.

You mean the gold bit?

Thats not his mouth, it's Prowls horns that he has when not wearing the armour, you know like on regular TFA Deluxe Prowl
Proud member of the ODB crew!

Sledge wrote:I quite like the look of Jetfire and Jetstorm. They've grown on me.

But then, so does athlete's foot, so that might not be a recommendation.

Tekka wrote:The ODB just showed up on gaydars across the world. And armed with that knowledge, I hope you're proud of yourselves.
Mr-Valkeyreion
Combiner

Postby Solrac333 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 pm

ponycorn wrote:
Waspinator looks great, better than his Beastwars counterpart, best Waspinator ever.

I agree and I don't even like Beast Wars. He looks better this way.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Whats with the stupid grin? Other then that it looks great as does waspinator.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby Savage » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:51 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
That Waspinator just might earn a place among the Universe Beast Wars figures.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Ode to a Grasshopper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:00 pm

I'm quite grateful they didn't just release the sidecar - what with late release dates for Oz and my not stumbling upon Animated until after Season 2 was out I didn't pick up a Prowl at first and now they're sold out where I live - I only just got the last Ratchet and I'm still looking for a Voyager Starscream. Having seen armored Prowl and being both a poor and patient Grasshopper it was better to wait for the inevitable release (so I bought Classics Prowl instead).

Thanks Hasbro - cool as armored Prowl is I really didn't want to have to track down a separate main figure just to make it work.
Ode to a Grasshopper
Mini-Con

Postby Mirage22 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:41 pm

Can't wait for Waspinator!
Mirage22
Minibot

Postby ThunderThruster » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:06 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I was gonna by prowl no matter what, the only reason i really bought the original prowl, was with the intention of repainting him into a junkion (damn stop motions vids on youtube).
IF the armour fits on the original just as well as the figure it comes with, i'll use the original as prowl with armour and the newer one for the junkion!
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize CHASE POLICE-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 201217a"
Energize CHASE POL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2019 Racecar"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS + RESCUE CUTTER Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool"
CHIEF CHARLIE BURN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON