This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Alternators Still Alive? Rodimus?!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Alternators Still Alive? Rodimus?!

Postby Skowl » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:55 am

Member Beast_Wars of ACtoys.net has posted a very interesting image of what appears to be an Alternators Rodimus, repainted from the Mirage Ford GT mold, in bubble package.

Could this be the first of the post-movie Alternators? If this is indeed official, it's proof that the Alternators line will indeed see life again.

check out the pics here
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Leonardo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:01 am

Wow! Given that I hate white stripes on cars, I have to choose this over KISS Player Rodimus, even if the flames are tacky. I didn't expect the line to continue quite so soon, though.
Last edited by Leonardo on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:07 am

I'm pretty genuinely shocked. I didn't see this coming *at all.* Makes me horribly happy though.

It also makes me horribly happy that I never bit the bullet and bought KP Hot Rod. I'm sure repro fishing rod/armblasters will start popping up soon enough.
Archibald Witwicky
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:10 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
eh...

I dunno.

We hear nothing, from anywhere? No leaks, no case assortments, nothing?

Then this appears on some guy's bed?

I'm not sure all the chickens have hatched here yet.

It should be pointed out that the paper insert inside the bubble is not to full size. Usually the wrap around to the back of the package creating that circular window.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:11 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Looks good. I think that car looks a lot better in dark blue with the stripes, though.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:11 am

I was hoping this would get a State side release.

But after this, should the Alts come back, NO MORE REPAINTS!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby spiritofcat » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:12 am

Oooh, that's nice! I like the flames. Much better than Kiss Rodimus.
I hope the people who bought the Kiss version aren't too upset...
spiritofcat
Combiner

Postby Leonardo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:12 am

Counterpunch wrote:Then this appears on some guy's bed?

Well, it could be a girl's bed.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Kayevcee » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:13 am

I'd have picked stripes over flames, myself.

A whole packaged sample is difficult to dispute. If items like this are starting to appear it's probably not more than a couple of months from release.

Rampant speculation time: one store chain has met with particular success with Alternators, and wishes to keep stocking it as a store exclusive line while everywhere else 'just' sells the mountains of TF movie merchandise. The last two Alts were exclusive to Wal-mart, weren't they? I guess that translates to Argos-exclusive in the UK, since they sell more Alts than anywhere else.

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon
News Credits: 3

Postby Skowl » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:20 am

Archibald Witwicky wrote:I'm pretty genuinely shocked. I didn't see this coming *at all.* Makes me horribly happy though.

It also makes me horribly happy that I never bit the bullet and bought KP Hot Rod.

Same here! This is really a great surprise! The Alternators are great, and I'm so glad they're coming back. And this figure just has 'awesome' written all over it - the Mirage Ford GT mold is so frikkin' beautiful, it really deserves a good repaint, and this one - I think - does it justice!

Woohoo! Alternators are back! :grin:
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:23 am

I wouldn't get *too* excited about alts being back just yet.

It's worth considering that the Ford GT, Honda Civic, and Jaguar mold were all likely *very* expensive to procure.

It's more than possible that we'll see repaints of those three(most likely Hot Rod, Frenzy, and err...I dunno really), and THAT will be the end of Alts.

Though it's also entirely possible that if the movie does well, more car companies would be willing to give Hasbro deals for lesser cost.
Archibald Witwicky
Minibot

Postby Flint » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:23 am

Cool. Nice to see the alternators continuing. Still have to find Ravage and Rumble myself.
Help the Pryde race to 100...http://www.kittyspryde.com/
Flint
Minibot
News Credits: 3

Postby Leonardo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:24 am

Archibald Witwicky wrote:It's more than possible that we'll see repaints of those three(most likely Hot Rod, Frenzy, and err...I dunno really), and THAT will be the end of Alts.

Could anyone else see Ravage being repainted into Rampage?
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Saya » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:25 am

I think it looks really nice. The paper insert could just be a bit more forward than it should be, and if it was scootched back a bit it'd be fine. I'm not sure, I'm not intimitely familiar with these bubble packages.
Saya

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:26 am

Leonardo wrote:
Archibald Witwicky wrote:It's more than possible that we'll see repaints of those three(most likely Hot Rod, Frenzy, and err...I dunno really), and THAT will be the end of Alts.

Personally, I figure it'll be that yellow cassette lion of Blasters. I'm completely blanking on his name right now.
Archibald Witwicky
Minibot

Postby Leonardo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 am

Archibald Witwicky wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

Personally, I figure it'll be that yellow cassette lion of Blasters. I'm completely blanking on his name right now.

Steeljaw. I could sort of see that, I suppose.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:33 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
If we're going to see a last hurrah of repaints, I'd like to go ahead and see Broadblast brought over here.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:34 am

Counterpunch wrote:If we're going to see a last hurrah of repaints, I'd like to go ahead and see Broadblast brought over here.

Ah, right. I knew I was forgetting a mold that hadn't had a repaint yet.

I'd personally prefer it be either Ironhide or Ratchet though.
Archibald Witwicky
Minibot

Postby Sean » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:55 am

If he ever appears as being some SDcomicon exclusive, I think i'd play it smart by ordering him through ActionHQ
Sean
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6

Postby Dragonslayer » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:31 am

Motto: "Howdy, dammit!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Dude! That looks kickass! 8) Please Lord, bring it to America :PRAY:
Wingz wrote:His servos bring all Naval Strikes 'Cons to the yard
Dragonslayer
Gestalt
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Classified
Strength: 4
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4

Postby --B-- » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:37 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Please be true.

PLEASE!!
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Wheeljack35 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:43 am

Oh if this is true I can finally get Rodimus without the ridiculous female figure
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:46 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
WOWOWOW! I very much hope this is legit. I reeeeeally didn'y want to have to pay nearly $100 to get this figure. Especially since I only collect Alts. I'm so glad to see this. Also I know that packaging COULD be Photoshopped straight from Mirage but the paint deco on the hood is very different and looks pretty professional. I'd take this as a real upcoming product unless I'm informed otherwise. I'd gladly take repaints of the Scion as Ironhide and we NEED Frenzy to happen. I can see Alts returning in a big way. I mean, at the very least we'd get these last four molds repainted. Bring em on!
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby --B-- » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:46 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Did anyone but me notice that the back of the packaging says "Habro Canada" at the bottom of the picture. Not Hasbro U.S. Maybe a Canadian exclusive.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Scaleface » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:47 am

Hurray for any transformers news that doesn't involve Bayformers or deformed munchkin transformers! I'd buy this one.

Any chance of the Scion Blaster Alternator next?

Of course what we really need to Optimus Prime Alternator with a new head and green paint as Kup!
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TURBO TRACKS Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2010 230809A"
TURBO TRACKS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VECTOR PRIME METALHAWK Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 New"
VECTOR PRIME METAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208K"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON