This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Shia LaBeouf's Hand Still Not Healed

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Shia LaBeouf's Hand Still Not Healed

Postby Raymond T. » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:08 pm

Fox News has run a news item on Shia LaBeouf. According to Fox News, the Transformers Movie actor has been forced to turn down a starring role in the movie "Dark Fields" due to the fact that his hand that was smashed in a car accident last July still has not completely healed yet. Initially production on the movie was pushed back, but it would appear now that the actor has completely withdrawn from the project. According to a source "Shia’s hand is totally shattered, it’s much worse than anyone thought".

According to the article, production on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was postponed for a month for Shia's hand to heal up. This is not correct as Michael Bay in the past has said that they mixed up the shooting schedule, so that shooting of the movie could still continue while Shia was healing from his surgery. Production of the movie had not been delayed.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Re: Shia LaBeouf's Hand Still Not Healed

Postby Roadshadow » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:18 pm

Oh for God's sake, the horse is dead! NO ONE GIVES A RAT'S ASS ABOUT SHIA'S ACCIDENT!
Roadshadow
Mini-Con

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:34 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I do. Your post is now null and void.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Rocketeer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:39 pm

I represent the Apathy Guild.
I do not necessarily "care," but I also do not necessarily "not care."
Think of it as a bemused detachment, tempered with solemn remoteness.

In other words:
As one human to another, I hope his hand heals soon.
As a piece of news, however, I don't see how this affects the Transformers fandom at large.

After all, it's all about us. :mrgreen:
Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
Autem semper audi alteram partem.
Et facere et pati fortia Autobot est.

<><
Rocketeer
Fuzor

Postby Raymond T. » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:41 pm

Roadshadow wrote:Oh for God's sake, the horse is dead! NO ONE GIVES A RAT'S ASS ABOUT SHIA'S ACCIDENT!
I would appreciate it if my news items (or any news item on Seibertron.com for that matter) would not be responded to in such a negative and uncivilized manner. If you don't want to read about it, just skip it, and keep your outbursts to yourself please. We are only trying to inform people, not try and rile them up.

Regardless of your feelings towards LaBeouf. The fact that his hand is still visibly hurt, might interest some people into what his hand will look like in the Transformers movie next year. As they worked this very injury into the storyline.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby 0ptimus Prime » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:02 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Meh, I question any news that comes from FOX News anyway. Let me guess, it goes on to say that the accident was probably caused by Obama, the Democrats, or some other left wing group?
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

PSN ID:OptimusPrime-74
0ptimus Prime
Micromaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:16 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
#-o
So could we please not have this devolve into a shitstorm... Or politics.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Solrac333 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Which hand is it and will it affect his happy time? :-?
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
What the hell is wrong with you people?!

He was in an accident that he didn't cause.
His hand was crushed due to said accident.
They were going to postpone (but didn't) the entire shooting schedule so his hand could heal.
Now, his hand still hasn't healed (so far as we know) and that has to be excruciating.

Why is any of this news? Put down the apathy, the sarcasm, and the idiocy for a second...and follow me.

1.) He was driving with his TF co-star Isabel Lucas.
2.) His smashed hand was written into the movie.
3.) He's supposed to return for the third installment of the TF franchise. (if he's already backing out of projects now, there's a chance he might back out for TFIII.)

That's why it's news.

Your apathy isn't required, unless you're trying to look like jackasses.

Your sarcasm isn't required, period.

The idiocy? Well...I'll leave that one alone.

And Fox News isn't the most reputable of places for news (period. No matter what side of the political fence you're on) but I see no reason why they'd make something like this up. I highly doubt they all sit around and say "Let's write a story about that Luhboof kid from that giant robot movie!"

This story has nothing to do with Obama, whatever politician might spring to mind, and has nothing to do with politics, period.

You do realize they removed the P&R forum for this very reason right? Respect the wishes of others and keep the political talk to yourselves. I, like many others, come here for TFs and everything involved with them. Not politics. This is escapism, politics are reality. Keep 'em separate.

There's a very real chance he could be permanently physically disabled from this accident, and as one human being to another, not some fanboy crying out that this could be the end of the movies (and you know there are people chomping at the bit to say something), I'm just glad it wasn't worse than his hand. He could've died in that accident, or been paralyzed. So rather than stand around and make jokes at his expense, or tell people how much you don't care, here's an idea:

Don't read the news snippets and we won't have to hear you open your big yaps. Yes folks, you CAN keep your opinions to yourself.

Oh and one other thing to remember...he didn't piss in your Cheerios this morning, or any morning for that matter. (Thought you might need a refresher on realizing he's never done anything to any of you to garner this kind of animosity.)

Now onto the topic at hand:

I hope they can find some way of easing his pain. I'm sure they must have a surgical procedure that would allow them to reconstruct the bones in his hand. Though, would it allow his hand to be functional at that point? Plus the damage to the tissues surrounding it must have been extensive as well.

He still filmed ROTF with his bad hand, stunts and all. After all of that, he's turned down this new movie role due to his hand... that tells me the pain must be far worse than we're led to believe.

I wish him the best and hope they can help him. :(
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Robinson » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:07 pm

He said himself that the hand would need surgery after he was done filming, that it was kind of propped back together.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Raymond T. » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Robinson wrote:He said himself that the hand would need surgery after he was done filming, that it was kind of propped back together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-ym0iFifr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEDUgrnCSdk
Raymond T.
Brainmaster

Postby JEDI ALCHEMIST » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:53 pm

I hope he heals soon he is actually one of my favorite actors right up there with Mark Hamill and David Tennant. I feel bad for the poor guy. Everybody talks smack about him, but I could care less I still think he's cool. In other words, get well soon Shia!
JEDI ALCHEMIST
Micromaster

Postby Bumblebeast » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Shia will turn to the Dark Side after this accident.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby First-Aid » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:19 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
omega666 wrote:Which hand is it and will it affect his happy time? :-?

Best. Post. Ever. :lol: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

On the professional side of things, this sounds like a lot more than a simple fracture. The fact that the word "crushed" was used is potentially very bad. If, in fact, the bones of the hand were indeed crushed his recovery time will be months to years, rather than weeks. I've seen a few of those types of injuries and a lot of the time the victims weren't even able to hold a pen or coffee cup again. Some had to go as far as amputation. In addition to that, there are other complications such as infection, fat emboli, ligamental damage, contractures...it really is a very serious injury. Let's hope things can be fixed in time for TF3.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr C Laughter Image Comics 2023 1123IM810 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 JUL090906 9RI (CA) Atkins (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM821 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #270 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP190670 270B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE COBRA WORLD ORDER PRELUDE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Mooney 230227"
GI JOE COBRA WORLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON