This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic: "After the Fall"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Mosaic: "After the Fall"

Postby Richter » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:59 pm

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

AFTER THE FALL

Story, Colors & Letters by;
John-Paul “Wordmongerer” Bove

Art by;
Tom “Retardacon” Parrish

Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "After the Fall"

Postby Dreadwinglord » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:46 am

Incoherent indeed, I barely get this Mosaic. Optimus Prime is far out of scale, or is he just a sculpture. It's late at night here so I can't tell =P
Dreadwinglord
Minibot

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:57 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I dont get it. Is this an alternate movie time line were powermaster prime came to earth instead of megatron or is this a reference from some other kind of continuity? Comic maybe?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby emeraldbeacon » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:15 am

Megatron_Wolf wrote:I dont get it. Is this an alternate movie time line were powermaster prime came to earth instead of megatron or is this a reference from some other kind of continuity? Comic maybe?

Well, given references to Hi-Q, and the fact that all of the humanoids in the strip are green, leads me to believe that it's on Nebulos. He's talking about 'seeing' other robots on other planets... about some battle that had happened before. In this case, it's safe to assume he's referring to the war on Earth.

Perhaps this version of Powermaster Optimus Prime - or is it Super Ginrai? - was built separately, unique from the original Prime, kind of like how he was built in the original G1 Comics... only to later be infused with Prime's personality information (which, of course, fits neatly onto a single 3.5" floppy disk).
emeraldbeacon
Combiner
News Credits: 5

Postby Rodimus_NZ » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:17 am

Motto: "If Im the last sane man in an insane world, does that make me crazy?!"
Weapon: High-Energy Photon Pulse Cannons
from what i gather from it its some kind of alternate continuity, maybe dreamwave, maybe idw, maybe marvel or the cartoon. The point is its not Earth, its Nebulos. HiQ has had visions of a valiant figure fighting on another planet for an alien race that is not even his own and he's fallen in battle and now HiQ has built his own version of the figure he's pictured as well as a battle suit to control the giant robot because he knows that the enemies that the figure (Op of course) fought against will surely come to Nebulos at some point. Of course since this is all in visions (despite the fact that HiQ's a genius and he's built a working Optimus battlesuit) they think he's crazy and there's nothin to worry about. Thats what I get from the story anyway.... I think its quite good actually, different
Im secretly plannin to take over the world... care for a country?
Rodimus_NZ
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:52 am

Love it. Powermaster references? How can I not? A cool idea would've been to put "Are all dead" on the wall as another reference.....still cool though! :grin:
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Rodimus_NZ » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:17 am

Motto: "If Im the last sane man in an insane world, does that make me crazy?!"
Weapon: High-Energy Photon Pulse Cannons
Yeah youre right that makes sense if its in the Marvel continuity. The way HiQ speaks of Optimus' death does sound like alot how he first died in the US comics.
Im secretly plannin to take over the world... care for a country?
Rodimus_NZ
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Sledge » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:22 am

This is good. Fits in not just with Prime's past but with the connection HiQ had with Prime towards the end of the Marvel run that went well beyond a normal Powermaster link.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Skullgrin140 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:08 am

After reading the Marvel comic where Prime becomes a powermaster I could never have pictured the nebulans being the green native american race that were in the US series, but so far I like what I see.

I also love the little discussion and the art style in this strip. Very nice :D
Skullgrin140
Brainmaster

Postby Savage » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:47 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Another awesome Mosaic. Nice to see HiQ in the spotlight.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby atatcommander » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:08 pm

awesome piece, very well done.
atatcommander
Micromaster

Postby LeoDude » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:46 pm

Would there be anyway to get that last panel without the text? It'd make an awesome wallpaper.
LeoDude
Mini-Con

Postby wordmongerer » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks for the comments guys - just to clarify, the germ of the idea was that after the animated movie that Hi-Q was plagued by visions (ergo the title being a riff on "One Shall Fall") and he built it ready for Prime's return... That's why the Nebulons are green in this, it also sort of fits with the current IDW plots at the mo with Prime out of the game for a bit (although Nebulons are mostly a strange off pink for the most part). So it was an alternate branch following the movie. It was Tom (the penciller/inker) who suggested doing a story that was almost incidentally TF related, to do something tonally different to the Mosaics up until that point. A bit of a risk, so I'm pleased most of you guys have dug it!

Let me know if there's interest in getting the last panel as a desktop and I'll see what I can do!
wordmongerer
Micromaster

Postby LeoDude » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Well, I'd like it, but I'm just one guy.
LeoDude
Mini-Con

Postby doomseer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:01 pm

I think this is really really very good indeed. It nicely explains how the Nebulans came up with such a magnificent version of Optimus so quickly. Love it. Very well done indeed. :)
doomseer
Micromaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON