This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

In package pics of new movie legends

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

In package pics of new movie legends

Postby El Duque » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:47 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... re-166401/

Decepticon Jetfire and Autobot Springer!?
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: In package pics of new movie legends

Postby --B-- » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:35 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Springer eh? Nice. I have to assume that Jetfire will start off as a 'con and end up a 'bot some point in TF2 and TF3.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:42 am

Those look like pretty crummy molds. The new Universe Legends are really nice, and the Animated Legends are great, but these look like they've taken a step backwards.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:53 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I think Springer/Incinerator is pretty nice, but that Jetfire...makes me quiver with joy that I will not be spending much money on movie toys, but at the same time quiver with disgust that the design looks that bad. I hope he is much better designed for his normal movie self.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby dabattousai » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:40 am

Seeing Jetfire as a Decepticon has me thinking that he is "The Fallen" as in he is left for dead, then Prime befriends him, they combine and they kick ass.

On the toys themselves, these are passes. I'll pick up the Deluxe, Voyager, Leaders and Supreme Movie toys.
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby JaZzTaStIc » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:00 am

Motto: "Everything That Has A beginning Has An End...."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Energy Pulse Cannon
i wonder if they'll do a voyager size incinerator repaint as springer? i hope not but if they've repainted the legends ones who knows

"It’s A Pity Trophies Earn So Easily Or I Might Have A Sense Of Satisfaction Now..."
JaZzTaStIc
Minibot
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Bumblebeast » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:22 am

Springer ! Jetfire ! I can't wait to see the Deluxe classes.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby zero-kaiser » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:33 am

Motto: ""High tech circuitry is no replacement for guts!!""
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
i quite like that Legends Class Prime :) Jetfire i fear may have ended up abit like the last lines Starscream.. pretty good Voyager mold... craptastic Legends mold..

of course with all new figures im gunna wait until we see official clear, out of the box photos, before i make any kinda judgement.. :)
zero-kaiser
Pretender
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby nemesis-prime » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 pm

ill buy all the legends but bumblebee and maybe not optimus im tired of the same fig just in a new package...jet fire should be just as cool as legends blackout
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Ultra Magnus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:20 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
I thought Prime and Jetfire were supposed to Combine? Does anyone else remember reading this?
:-?
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Skowl » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 pm

transformers_man wrote:ill buy all the legends but bumblebee and maybe not optimus im tired of the same fig just in a new package...

You do realise both Bumblebee and Prime are entirely new molds, right?

Speaking of which, that new mold for Prime is friggin' amazing! A huge improvement over the last one (which didn't even look like him at all). Here's hoping that Ratchet gets a new Legends mold as well, he needs one badly.

Jetfire looks cool, and I find it funny how TFW2005 says that they are the first to break the news of Jetfire being a Decepticon... didn't they also break the news that Jetfire would be an Autobot? I think most fans can piece together the fact that he'll probably switch sides due to the fact that he combines with Prime (and that he's friggin' Jetfire).

And Springer is probably just another non-movie character, don't get your hope's up that he will appear in the movie.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby nemesis-prime » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Skowl wrote:
transformers_man wrote:ill buy all the legends but bumblebee and maybe not optimus im tired of the same fig just in a new package...

You do realise both Bumblebee and Prime are entirely new molds, right?

Speaking of which, that new mold for Prime is friggin' amazing! A huge improvement over the last one (which didn't even look like him at all). Here's hoping that Ratchet gets a new Legends mold as well, he needs one badly.

Jetfire looks cool, and I find it funny how TFW2005 says that they are the first to break the news of Jetfire being a Decepticon... didn't they also break the news that Jetfire would be an Autobot? I think most fans can piece together the fact that he'll probably switch sides due to the fact that he combines with Prime (and that he's friggin' Jetfire).

And Springer is probably just another non-movie character, don't get your hope's up that he will appear in the movie.

couldnt really tell maybe highres pics will appear since the legend class is not very expensive ill prolly get them all anyway
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Firebird » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:38 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
I'm glad that the Legends Prime looks better than the attempt from the last movie. But I will be passing on the Legends class this time.

I will be spending my money on the larger figures.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby First-Aid » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I still think that the designs for the original line were received before ILM made final detailing and as such the discrepencies between the movie figures and the actual characters. I suspect we'll see the same thing in this movie. Remember, Hasbro said in their Q and A it takes 12-14 months from beginning to end as far as production goes.

We'll see how these things go. I really like the scouts we've seen. The legends aren't that bad. We'll see.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby nemesis-prime » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:00 pm

First-Aid wrote:I still think that the designs for the original line were received before ILM made final detailing and as such the discrepencies between the movie figures and the actual characters. I suspect we'll see the same thing in this movie. Remember, Hasbro said in their Q and A it takes 12-14 months from beginning to end as far as production goes.

We'll see how these things go. I really like the scouts we've seen. The legends aren't that bad. We'll see.

dead end and the boat is cool im so so on the fork lift and redbull truck
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Nekoman » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:34 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Does anyone else think Jetfire looks like an Over Flag from Gundam?

I actually like these pretty well, so far TF2 is looking great!
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby YRQRM0 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Darn, I was really hoping for Autobot Jetfire, it would be nice to see some Armada Homage
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby dabattousai » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:15 pm

Nekoman wrote:Does anyone else think Jetfire looks like an Over Flag from Gundam?

I actually like these pretty well, so far TF2 is looking great!

Haha, be pretty hilarious if it is considering the G1 version was a ripoff of the Macross Jet Robot mold.
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby leader magnus prime » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:00 pm

woo springer
Devastation is coming
leader magnus prime
Vehicon

Postby dragons » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:17 pm

springer wow didnt see that coming some look good animated, & univese legends do look better than these guys
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:10 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
So im guessing there doing the hole Skyfire is tricked into being a con then joins the bots later on like in G1. Or bay screws thing up again and just slapped a name on a mech again. Springer should've been Obsidian.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+

Postby rpetras » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:40 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I'm really digging the G1 homage legends right now, but these just don't work for me.

Pass.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Bumblethumper » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:54 am

JaZzTaStIc wrote:i wonder if they'll do a voyager size incinerator repaint as springer? i hope not but if they've repainted the legends ones who knows

Skowl wrote:And Springer is probably just another non-movie character, don't get your hope's up that he will appear in the movie.

It seems likely that they'll do the voyager Incinerator repaint. I'm also guessing it's a non movie character, so I wouldn't really mind. Springer's really been getting the Ultra Magnus/Cliffjumper treatment lately. They really need to give him his own mold for Classics 3.0.

I reckon this legend mold is bound to get an Incinerator repaint at some point. It's one of the nicer molds here. Prime is also pretty good, though the paint job looks cheap. Bumblebee isn't bad, but has a boring transformation. Jetfire is an iffy mold, but at least the colours make him look a lot better.
Bumblethumper
Headmaster

Postby Bumblethumper » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Ultra Magnus wrote:I thought Prime and Jetfire were supposed to Combine? Does anyone else remember reading this?
:-?

Here's a thought: Maybe they still do. They have a good excuse for a new Bumblebee legend(the old one was the 70s Camaro). What's the reason for redoing Legends Optimus(other than it kinda sucked)?

And check it out - Optimus has a slot(back of his cab).

Jetfire has a plug.

I'll leave the innuendo to all you geniuses out there.

Okay, sure, TFs often have random slots for no reason, and especially when there's a ball joint on the other side. But Jetfire's peg... I'm not sure what other purpose it can serve, besides uglying up the alt mode.
Last edited by Bumblethumper on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bumblethumper
Headmaster

Postby GetterDragun » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:44 pm

^

First I've seen of this. Good catch!

Edit: You can see the tab on JetFire's back in Robot mode, I'm thinking JetFire is pants.

Double Edit: I'm now thinking that they will combine just like Armada Prime and Jetfire...Supermode Optimus Prime! In fact...what if the combined mode was The Fallen?

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON