This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Henkei Cyclonus Released in Japan

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Henkei Cyclonus Released in Japan

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:48 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Henkei Cyclonus joined with his Targetmaster partner, Nightstick, have been released in Japan. This figure is featured in his anime colors. Cyclonus comes with a new mini manga. Expect online retailers to receive their shipments soon.

Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Re: Henkei Cyclonus Released in Japan

Postby Sledge » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:53 am

Well, the blue bit of his nose cone is in his anime colours. The rest of him is dressed for a Miami Vice convention.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Narc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:08 am

The black Hasbro version looks cool but this is more show accurate. He's a must buy.
Narc
Combiner
News Credits: 7

Postby Sledge » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:11 am

Two things: 1) Hasbro version is purple. 2) Can you show me the episode where Cyclonus was lilac? I keep hearing about the show accuracy of this Henkei version, but every image of the cartoon Cyclonus I can find looks light blue to me. I don't think I'm colour blind. :-?
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:14 am

The purple is a little darker in person than in the picture.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sledge » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:16 am

Yeah, I've heard a couple of people say that now that I think back. I'm kinda sorta tempted to get him as Cyclonus's embarrassing '80s-obsessed brother. :grin: But it is annoying that the blue on his nose cone really does look show-accurate to me.
Sledge
Gestalt

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:24 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Takara seems particularly fond of this purple color. They used it on their G1 Galvatron reissue as well.

Online pics are difficult. The color IS too light for true show consistency, but at the same time, pictures don't seem to show how dark it really is.

I take it Ratchet was not released in tandem?
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby The Chronic » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 am

Im tempted to get it only for Nightstick with a red face and chrome legs, don't like that purple at all

not a big fan or the red all over Ratchet eather, not the shade just the fact that is all over him and in places it doesn't need to be

Red Alert & Smokescreen look to be perfect and you can see Dinobot has that blue on him, what happed? did the guy who normaly sorts the colours and that go on holliday or something?
StealthPrime-91 wrote:I swear if I had £1 for everytime someone complimented Chronic's penis I would be freakin' rich!
The Chronic
Headmaster

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:54 am

Counterpunch wrote:Takara seems particularly fond of this purple color. They used it on their G1 Galvatron reissue as well.

Online pics are difficult. The color IS too light for true show consistency, but at the same time, pictures don't seem to show how dark it really is.

Yeah, I was surprised that Ratchet wasn't on the store shelves. According to e-Hobby's website, his release date has changed again. Now it's February.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:01 am

Accuracy-shmaccuary, the Hasbro version is better looking.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Solrac333 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:03 am

Maybe I'll get this and swap parts with my Hasbro version like I did with my Galvatron.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Mkall » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:14 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Cyclonus will be the first fig that I get both the Universe and Henkei version of. He's that awesome

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby dragons » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:07 am

i have the original this i may get the henkei version to

you can see him in comparison video shot here in this video henke cyclnus peaugh has him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF4eBJ8Q9Pw
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Swiftpaw » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:37 am

Overall I prefer Hasbro's version this time around. Though I wish those wings weren't white, he has a much darker purple and an overall more sinister look.

Now just need a Scourge to stand on the other side of Galvy...
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby esclavo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:41 am

Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
The lilac is not really doing it for me. I have the hasbro version and love it! I'm not very fond of some of the color choices for G1 figures(eventhough i loved G1 I've been able to move on, lol).
esclavo
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Awesome with a capital A! Don't like it? Don't buy it, simple enough. Have the Classics? Up to you to get the Henkei, as for Stormrider..........I salute you and am green with envy that you've got yours already(living in Japan helps hehehehe)
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:15 pm

*sighs and facepalms*

Every time a picture of the toys surface it's the same crap. I'm going to break this down for everyone.

Cyclonus is my favorite character to come from the movie/Season 3. He's one of my top 5 favorites of all time. I'd like to think I know a fair amount about him.

Hasbro Version: I have it. It's awesome. He's based on the original toy. Which I also own. And if you want to get technical the Hasbro's colors are all wrong. His purple is much too dark to be a perfect homage of the original toy. He's also based on the 80s Marvel and current IDW look for him.

Takara version: Is based on the Animation model of Cyclonus. Yes he's supposed to be that color. Yes it's a light trick. Show of hands of people who own Henkei versions of any Hasbro Classics/Universe 2.0 toy. Good. Now besides chrome what are the Henkei toys best known for? That's right. Show accuracy.

The mold itself: Is the best to come out of the Universe/Classics 2.0 line. Hands down it's the single best toy in that line. It doesn't transform the exact same way as the original toy. It's what an updated re imagining of a toy should be. They fixed the flaws with the toy that made it not accurate to the cartoon (the wings) since the toy was produced before the design was finalized. Cyclonus can now be posed with his wings in the cartoon style. And he can sort of be posed with his wings in the position the original toy and comic book Cyclonus could. It's excellent no matter what version you buy.

My point? Stop freaking out about the toys when you see pictures of them. Especially about paint scheme and which one is better. Because in this case there's no such thing as which one is better. Because both represent different versions of the same character. And as a major Cyclonus fan I can't wait to have the Henkei version in addition to the Hasbro.

tl;dr both versions are as close to perfect representations of the character as you're going to get. Both can be purchased without the other due to preference. Stop baaawing about it pl0x.

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Who was freaking out again?

I think I missed it.

I've already bought two of the Hasbro version. Henkei Cyclonus should be arriving by the end of the month.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:29 pm

I know a dude in Japan who's getting my Henkei Cyclonus. I'm not sure if he's going to ship it now or wait until my Thrust comes in so he can send those two and Ramjet to me. I really can't wait. Incidentally CP did you buy two Hasbros to leave one MOC or do you have kitbash plans?

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Loki God Of Mischief wrote:I know a dude in Japan who's getting my Henkei Cyclonus. I'm not sure if he's going to ship it now or wait until my Thrust comes in so he can send those two and Ramjet to me. I really can't wait. Incidentally CP did you buy two Hasbros to leave one MOC or do you have kitbash plans?

I don't really like customizing figures, so no kitbash plans.

Henkei Cyclonus is meant to be my Cyclonus proper. The two Hasbro ones are 'his armada'.

(I bought 3 Titanium Scourges for the same deal)
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Mkall » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Counterpunch wrote:
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:I know a dude in Japan who's getting my Henkei Cyclonus. I'm not sure if he's going to ship it now or wait until my Thrust comes in so he can send those two and Ramjet to me. I really can't wait. Incidentally CP did you buy two Hasbros to leave one MOC or do you have kitbash plans?

I don't really like customizing figures, so no kitbash plans.

Henkei Cyclonus is meant to be my Cyclonus proper. The two Hasbro ones are 'his armada'.

(I bought 3 Titanium Scourges for the same deal)

That's my plans as well. I got one Uni Cyclonus for the "normal" retail price of 22.99 in Canada, and I'll get another one if/when I see one on shelves for their standard price of 15.99-ish

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Autobotic9 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Stormrider wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Takara seems particularly fond of this purple color. They used it on their G1 Galvatron reissue as well.

Yeah, I was surprised that Ratchet wasn't on the store shelves. According to e-Hobby's website, his release date has changed again. Now it's February.

Can ya do me a favor next time ya shop? Can ya take a picture of the Henkei dispays at a Japan toy store? Thanks
Skywarp is afraid of the creepy grey bar of ads.

A Terrifying...Terrorist. Silence! I kill you!
Autobotic9
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby Archatron » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Loki God Of Mischief wrote:*sighs and facepalms*

Every time a picture of the toys surface it's the same crap. I'm going to break this down for everyone.

Cyclonus is my favorite character to come from the movie/Season 3. He's one of my top 5 favorites of all time. I'd like to think I know a fair amount about him.

Hasbro Version: I have it. It's awesome. He's based on the original toy. Which I also own. And if you want to get technical the Hasbro's colors are all wrong. His purple is much too dark to be a perfect homage of the original toy. He's also based on the 80s Marvel and current IDW look for him.

Takara version: Is based on the Animation model of Cyclonus. Yes he's supposed to be that color. Yes it's a light trick. Show of hands of people who own Henkei versions of any Hasbro Classics/Universe 2.0 toy. Good. Now besides chrome what are the Henkei toys best known for? That's right. Show accuracy.

The mold itself: Is the best to come out of the Universe/Classics 2.0 line. Hands down it's the single best toy in that line. It doesn't transform the exact same way as the original toy. It's what an updated re imagining of a toy should be. They fixed the flaws with the toy that made it not accurate to the cartoon (the wings) since the toy was produced before the design was finalized. Cyclonus can now be posed with his wings in the cartoon style. And he can sort of be posed with his wings in the position the original toy and comic book Cyclonus could. It's excellent no matter what version you buy.

My point? Stop freaking out about the toys when you see pictures of them. Especially about paint scheme and which one is better. Because in this case there's no such thing as which one is better. Because both represent different versions of the same character. And as a major Cyclonus fan I can't wait to have the Henkei version in addition to the Hasbro.

tl;dr both versions are as close to perfect representations of the character as you're going to get. Both can be purchased without the other due to preference. Stop baaawing about it pl0x.

I've got two, in hand now, and the "blue" everyone is going on about, isn't really noticeable in person. Take a look at any pic of Animated Swindle and the painted olive-ish color on the hands/hood looks a lot brighter than it is, it matches in person as well.

From one Cyclonus fan to another, you'll love it Loki. I've got both versions and like both for the differences between them, Uni for being all dark and evil and Henkei for it's chrome glory and Geewunny flavor, a b it milder on the evil. :lol: I hate seeing great figures get a bad wrap before anyone even has it for the most part. "In person" is a lot different than pics on the net. I've changed my mind a few times looking at new figures in real life.
Archatron
Combiner
News Credits: 9

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:47 pm

I love that boxart

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Autobotic9 wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

Can ya do me a favor next time ya shop? Can ya take a picture of the Henkei dispays at a Japan toy store? Thanks

I will try. The problem is that these flew off the shelf. The store usually stocks about 30 Henkei figures. Yesterday, when I got to the store there were only 3 left. I think he's a big hit.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST OF STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV1 2022 New"
GHOST OF STARSCREA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 3 2020 New"
BLASTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFORMATTING MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2024 New"
NEW!
REFORMATTING MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 1 Retro Figure 2020 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Red) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALLIGATICON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" alligator Optimus Prime figure 2023"
ALLIGATICON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Junkion action figure 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 5 2022 New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV2 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" dino figure WV2 figure 2023"
GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON