This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

KO Shockwave

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

KO Shockwave

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:23 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
There is a new G1 KO to be cautious of. Pictures of a KO Shockwave have appeared on ACToys. There is no word yet when this figure might be released, or what the telling signs will be to identify it.

*In these pictures – the muzzle of the gun is dark purple instead of grey (as on the authentic version). Unfortunately, we unsure if this will be the same on the final product. We will keep you posted with package details.

Click here to see more.

Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Re: KO Shockwave

Postby robofreak » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Crap like this is why I don't buy much G1 now. KO's have ruined the fun for me.

This does raise a question though. Is'nt the G1 Shockwave mold in a state of limbo at the moment? How on earth did these guys get it? My first assumption was reverse molding, but the figure looks a little too clean for that procedure. I'm guessing that there was more than one set of molds for Shockwave and this one may have been stolen.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:55 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Here are some comparison pictures of the authentic version:

Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby caseymuss » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:31 am

Man hes going to be expensive! Wish Takara would beat the KO guys to the punch.
caseymuss
Mini-Con

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:30 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I'll be getting this to replace muy original's broken gun arm. FYI mine is the japanese version but the frickin' thing was broken already (same with all the Japan/Takara stocks in my country)
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby capellamusic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:17 am

Motto: "Sex, food and rock'n'roll"
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
I'm not really against or in favor of KOs, but I don't have nothing against them, except that they should never be passed as originals and should have some easy to see give away in both the figure and the box, and also that they should only be for figures that aren't currently being produced but only vintage.

But since G1 Shockwave can't be reissued due to copyright issues (it doesn't matter if they have the mold or not, or even if they re-do it) this is the best thing I can get to have a good and afforadable G1 Shockwave, and I will buy it when it comes out. I was going to buy the cheap KO with a different head and paint it like the G1 and retool its head, but since this is probably comming soon... I'm going to wait for this one instead. :)
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
Megatron: Hmm... a free natural air conditioning system?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Buy from capellamusic on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby Starscream6 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:12 am

Weapon: Photon Cannon
idc, maybe now i can finally get a G1 shockwave. i get so sick of the scarcity of this figure (or any likeness thereof). the mold and copyright issues really piss me off. sorry im bitter, i love shockwave and hes such a bitch to find and buy for a decent price
Starscream6
Vehicon
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:37 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I'm going to stay on the fence with this issue (I know it's a hotly contested situation) but I will say they did a terrific job of bringing an old mold back to life. Looks like they really put some work into this one.

The quality will probably still be an issue, but it looks like they really tried, at least.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Zeds » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:40 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
One hopes that Hasbro/Tomy will go after them. This may mean that Hasbro/Tomy will reissue him in the Encore line to offset the KO release. One hopes.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Scaleface » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:56 am

These high quality, high priced knockoffs probably wouldn't exist if Hasbro/Takara would get off their butts and reissue the original, or at least make a Classics Skockwave. The Knockoffers know there is a demand for this toy. We are now getting an unofficial smallest, and now a "replica" - for a long time we had obvious knockoffs that were selling for $20+, so this sucker will probably sell well.

Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby D-340 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:00 am

Zeds wrote:One hopes that Hasbro/Tomy will go after them. This may mean that Hasbro/Tomy will reissue him in the Encore line to offset the KO release. One hopes.

Doubt it. Has/Tomy don't have the rights to the mold, Ol' Shockwave/Lazerwave's original toy was licensed for a different company. They could nail them for likeness rights at best.

As far as this KO, I dunno. Don't like the idea of these KO's being marketed as the real deal. But as Starscream6 said, G1 Shockwave is such a horrible pain in the ass to get at all, let alone in good shape and at a decent price. I may get this one.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Bumblebeast » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:06 am

I'm getting it, because there's no way i can afford a ridiculously expensive G1 Shockwave. Most of the time they aren't even complete.

A good KO can be worked through paint applications and stickers, so it's a good hobbie opportunity too.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:18 am

Starscream6 wrote:idc, maybe now i can finally get a G1 shockwave. i get so sick of the scarcity of this figure (or any likeness thereof). the mold and copyright issues really piss me off. sorry im bitter, i love shockwave and hes such a bitch to find and buy for a decent price

Sorry, but this still doesn't get you a G1 Shockwave.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Sledge » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:20 am

Scaleface wrote:These high quality, high priced knockoffs probably wouldn't exist if Hasbro/Takara would get off their butts and reissue the original, or at least make a Classics Skockwave.
Yeah, damn Hasbro for not breaking copyright law! Hooray for those brave criminals who do!
:-?
Hang on...

If this comes out at the sort of price that knockoffs like Mirage did, I can't see the appeal. If I'm going to pay serious money, I'd rather have the real thing than line some KO company's pockets.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby bumble_bee_68 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:42 am

Ummm....for a K.O., it does'nt look bad.
I can't read Japanese on the website, so I can't find a link for it anywhere...

anyway, I just placed a bid on an original 1983 Radio Shack "Galactic Man" aka Shockwave...yes, I believe it was an American K.O. of the Takara Laserwave (if I'm wrong, let me know) So I hope I win!!
bumble_bee_68
Minibot

Postby capellamusic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:51 am

bumble_bee_68 wrote:Ummm....for a K.O., it does'nt look bad.

anyway, I just placed a bid on an original 1983 Radio Shack "Galactic Man" aka Shockwave...yes, I believe it was an American K.O. of the Takara Laserwave (if I'm wrong, let me know) So I hope I win!!

It will probably be available in a few weeks or less on yahobby.com. You'll probably also be able to get it later on ioffer.com. Those are the only 2 places for KOs I know of. Oh, you can also find KOs on Yahoo Japan.

Just a note to the "KO haters", please don't try to get yahobby.com into problems. They sell the KOs as KOs and are honest sellers.
Last edited by capellamusic on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:54 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"

No that's not a KO, Takara wasn't the original manufacturer of the Shockwave mold and got the licence to make it from another toy maker. That toy maker sold the rights to produce that mold to Hasbro, Takara and Radioshack during the same time frame.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Autoclot » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:43 am

The grey one? I have one of those on my shelf (had it since it was new). He may have required some repairs over the years, and his battery cover may be missing, but he's still very, very cool.

Although he's "Galactic Man" I got him as Shockwave, since it's the closest that was released here. Made my Christmas very happy, that year. I think all the bleepy noises probably annoyed the hell out of my parents, though :)

Hope you win your auction :D
Autoclot
Fuzor

Postby Scaleface » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Sledge wrote:
Scaleface wrote:These high quality, high priced knockoffs probably wouldn't exist if Hasbro/Takara would get off their butts and reissue the original, or at least make a Classics Skockwave.
Yeah, damn Hasbro for not breaking copyright law! Hooray for those brave criminals who do!
:-?

I think you missed the point. I think Hasbro or Takara would have the resources to either make a new mold that is similar for Universe/Classics, or purchase the original license again for a reissue. They went to all the trouble of getting the name back, and for what? So we could cancel the Titanium figure, have a tiny Mini-Con jet and some stupid TF animated version of Stretch Armstrong? I'd like to see SOME type of real or updated Shockwave form the Hasbro people.

Heck, just upscale this sucker to Ultra size and add some electronics, and I'd be happy. (okay, add some ears too!)

Scaleface
Gestalt

Postby Sledge » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Do you know who has the license for the Shockwave mold?

And maybe a Universe version will happen in the future, but it's not possible to see all the characters everyone wants at once.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Scaleface » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Well, they could wait to see who sues the KO maker, and then we would know who owns the mold.
Scaleface
Gestalt

Postby capellamusic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Sledge wrote:Do you know who has the license for the Shockwave mold?

I wonder if it's the KO company who has the license :P , anyway, they don't care if they have it or not lol :grin: .
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sledge » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:30 pm

Scaleface wrote:Well, they could wait to see who sues the KO maker, and then we would know who owns the mold.

Sledge
Gestalt

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:23 pm

ITT: Elitism at it's best! Oldfags vs. newfags in an epic battle over who owns the rights to a 20 year old mold! Who actually owns it? Not even Toyco knows/or is saying. TakaraTomy/Hasbro could reissue it if they were willing to repay licensing fees, and front the cost for them to recast the mold from toys. Because as it stands the mold itself is missing, which means there might not be a chance of finding it. The KO itself is most likely cast from actual Shockwave figures and not a copy of the mold. There's still hope that they will however because Omega Supreme has been reissued and he was also licensed from another company. Of course this also means that Jetfire could be reissued too (lol yeah right. Tatsunoko's not going to let that happen anytime soon.)

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=9709

No offense to anyone in this thread but next time instead of coming off as a stuck up basement dwelling neckbeard you might want to hit the newfags with the science instead. You know being helpful to them to keep them in the fandom and stuff. Instead of ya know...running them off by being smug about knowing more then them. Food for thought.

tl;dr don't hold your breath for an Encore Shockwave anytime soon, but it might still be possible.

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster

Postby Sledge » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Reported. Saying "no offence" doesn't excuse being offensive.
Sledge
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRAVITY BOTS SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 121027"
GRAVITY BOTS SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
NEW!
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 220802A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 221013A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Change DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Robots Disguise AOE 2014 210930A"
Flip Change DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark Moon Cyberverse Legion DOTM TRU 2011"
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sword Slash DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Power Attackers AOE 2014 210930A"
Sword Slash DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON