This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Alternity Megatron In Color

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Alternity Megatron In Color

Postby Stormrider » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:06 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Japanese online retailer, Mamegyorai, has posted colored pictures of Alternity Megatron. Two versions: Silver & Monterey Blue. The Alternity figures are 1:32 die-cast scale models. Megatron’s mold is based on the Nissan Fairlady Z, which will be released in March.

Click here and here to see more.
Last edited by Stormrider on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Re: Alternity Megatron In Color

Postby typh0id » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 am

First one looks VERY awesome...That blue is hideous though... :-?
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:29 am

That blue looks really out of place. The gun metal gray is really nice but in both examples, his head/face just looks really unclear and non-descript. Maybe it's the photos.

I just can't get into this line though. IMO, they're just too small for the price, no matter how much diecast they cram into them.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Hard Hacker » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:30 am

Everybody's blue apart from Bluestreak.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby Firebird » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:45 am

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
I like how the silver is darker than the color used on the silver Convoy. This darker shade looks real good.

I'm also surprised how nice the blue looks on the mold as well. Granted it's not my first choice for an alternate color for Megatron, but I am glad I preordered it.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Solrac333 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:58 am

Silver looks awesome!
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Ravage XK » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:30 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Yeah, just slap Megatrons head on anything and people will buy it. Dont bother to try and work in his arm cannon or anything, that way you can slap any old head on and get away with it.

The silver version looks awesome, I like it but it no Megatron.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7

Postby Sid Burn » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:32 am

Motto: "Feel the burn as I melt you down for scrap!"
Weapon: Fusion Reaction-Powered Blowtorch Blasters
not sure why they made the choice to put these out of scale with the alternators/binaltech.

Would have been nice to have an alt megs
Sid Burn
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+

Postby UltraPrimal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:34 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
I think it's stupid how Megatron comes with 2 swords and wrist mounted blades, but no gun?! Megatron should be synonymous with guns. Megatron=GUN
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Baha08 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:42 am

UltraPrimal wrote:I think it's stupid how Megatron comes with 2 swords and wrist mounted blades, but no gun?! Megatron should be synonymous with guns. Megatron=GUN

Wouldn't be no place to put the gun though, Megs has always had his weapon of choice really big. What is he going to do? Mount it to the roof?
Baha08
Minibot

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:44 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
What's the point of these things again?

Oh yea...difficult economic times so...we're going to shoot for the niche' collector market.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby typh0id » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:48 am

DevastaTTor wrote:I just can't get into this line though. IMO, they're just too small for the price, no matter how much diecast they cram into them.

Unfortunately, I have to agree...they are really cool but for that price there's plenty of stuff I'd rather have that is more worth it...I don't think they should be the same general price as Alternators since they are so much smaller...

UltraPrimal wrote:I think it's stupid how Megatron comes with 2 swords and wrist mounted blades, but no gun?! Megatron should be synonymous with guns. Megatron=GUN

But he's NOT a gun this time...He's a car...Frankly, there are plenty of big-gunned Megatrons to pick from and while that is his "classic" image, I don't see the need to be so rigidly anal that you can't stand the thought of them doing something different with him...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:55 am

Baha08 wrote:

Wouldn't be no place to put the gun though, Megs has always had his weapon of choice really big. What is he going to do? Mount it to the roof?

Give the choice of a loose gun/cannon or not having one, I'd take the loose gun any day. I missed the memo where it was written that guns and accessories had to be assimilated in the alt mode. Personally I'm getting sick of getting incomplete looking figures because this seems to be the mentality lately.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby King Slick » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:10 am

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
"I am Megatron! If my twin blades don't put your eye out, my extremely dazaling paint job will!"
Big trouble in a small package.
King Slick
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Ravage XK » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:15 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
typh0id wrote:But he's NOT a gun this time...He's a car...Frankly, there are plenty of big-gunned Megatrons to pick from and while that is his "classic" image, I don't see the need to be so rigidly anal that you can't stand the thought of them doing something different with him...

There is a difference between doing something different and not even trying though. Alt Shockwave they did something different but still managed to get his gun hand in place.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9

Postby shocktrain » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 am

Wow with a new head mold, that black one could be a Snake Eyes Crossover figure.
shocktrain
Mini-Con

Postby Decepticon Spike » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:39 am

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'm just not excited about these figures. I really don't now why. I guess they just don't scream "Megatron" to me.
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:46 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Why didn't they make the mold green, yellow and silver instead of giving us that blue version? I mean that way it would at least be a homage to RID Bludgeon that way the whole Ninja thing would actually have made sense.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby UltraPrimal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:56 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
typh0id wrote:

But he's NOT a gun this time...He's a car...Frankly, there are plenty of big-gunned Megatrons to pick from and while that is his "classic" image, I don't see the need to be so rigidly anal that you can't stand the thought of them doing something different with him...

I know they're doing something different with this line. I'm not saying every Megatron has to BE a gun. My favourite Megatrons aren't guns. But every other Megatron has some kind of impressive gun/cannon. Besides, the Optimus in this line has 2 twin wrist mounted guns! Doesn't matter how many of them you have, you never bring a knife to a gun fight. Unless Megatron can pull off some Jedi laser deflecting stuff to get in close enough to be useful in combat.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby First-Aid » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:00 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I really like the mold and silver paint job. The blue, not so much. I like the idea of a Megsy with nasty big swords. Gives him the opportunity to destroy his enemies with his bare hands, up close so that he can demonstrate his might over his enemies. Also, did anyone else notice the design of his lower abdominal and waist armor? Very samurai-ish...like a real swordsman.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby Rated X » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:22 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Maybe im stuck in the 80's but Im just not feeling Megatron as a car. He is not an autobot. He should transform into an M-16 or an AK-47.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Decepticon Spike » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:33 am

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
My problem isn't that he's not a gun. Heck, one of my favorite Megatron molds is a space ship (Energon Megatron). My problem is that this mold just doesn't have the "Megatron" feel to is, if that makes sense.
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Baha08 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:52 am

Ravage XK wrote:
typh0id wrote:But he's NOT a gun this time...He's a car...Frankly, there are plenty of big-gunned Megatrons to pick from and while that is his "classic" image, I don't see the need to be so rigidly anal that you can't stand the thought of them doing something different with him...

There is a difference between doing something different and not even trying though. Alt Shockwave they did something different but still managed to get his gun hand in place.

Shockwave wasn't carrying around a large fusion cannon around wherever he goes, so it's easy to chop off a hand and give him a gun.
Baha08
Minibot

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Baha08 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:

Shockwave wasn't carrying around a large fusion cannon around wherever he goes, so it's easy to chop off a hand and give him a gun.

Are you arguing that because something isn't easy, it shouldn't be attempted?
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Baha08 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:08 pm

Counterpunch wrote:
Baha08 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:

Are you arguing that because something isn't easy, it shouldn't be attempted?

I',m arguing it because it's illogical to try when you are selling a product based on real cars. Unless you want Megatron looking funky with a cannon on his car mode.
Baha08
Minibot

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721C"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 300E (CA) Royle"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #5 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
NEW!
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010O"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #270 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP190670 270B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM859 (CA) Edgar"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #1 One-Shot Cvr A Image Comics 2023 Hama cut 221208C"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #56 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Reed 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON