This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

Postby Nekoman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:44 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
An eBay auction has surfaced with more new images of the currently unknown Constructicon from the upcoming Transformers Revenge of The Fallen toy line, last seen here and also seen in the trailer here. These images show how the toy should look when properly transformed, as we now have seen the trailer to know. Click here to see the auction or here to go over Seibertron.com’s screen caps from the trailer.

Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

Postby SJ21 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:54 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Ok, that thing just looks cheap and silly. The trailer for the movie made that thing look awesome. The toy rendition just makes me sad.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Skill: 10

Postby SoooTrypticon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 am

Motto: "If it can't transform into a dinosaur, burn it with lasers."
Weapon: Laser Cannon
Meh. Looks like an Inhumanoid. Hollow Plastic (so the gestalt won't be too heavy I imagine) and dull colors (awaiting the inevitable green repaint). While the silhouettes have been cleaned up- I don't imagine the writing is any better. But maybe we'll be introduced to the Transformers as characters this time. Who knows?
I'm not angry... I just hate most things.
SoooTrypticon
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Locrien » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 am

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I highly doubt he'll be part of the devistator toy, or part of him in the movie. I think devistator might be comprised of entirely different constructicons....what do u think? Or was he confirmed as one of the 9 (or seven) or whatever the case may be? lol

:-?
Locrien
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby ChrisRiss » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:02 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
maybe this is just the head/arms of a bigger "devastator" and maybe they no real separate alt modes, just one big one. of course that's probably just a crazy idea.
ChrisRiss
Minibot
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: ???
Skill: 8

Postby First-Aid » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:07 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I'm going to give them points for creativity. We've never seen anything like this before and I'm willing to give it a shot. It actually seems pretty cool when both treads are on the ground...I can see it using a roatation mechanism on its body to climb over large obstructions with the treads. Granted it's large enough to roll over most obstructions, but for large ones that its tread can't roll over, it can rotate the other tread around and onto the obstruction. Neat idea.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:10 am

Well, I would say that that confirms that what we saw in the teaser on sunday was just a portion of Devastator and that when the whole toy combines to a height of 2 feet that it still wont be close to scale. The toy(s) would have to reach a height of 5 - 6 feet to be on par with what's in the movie. Supreme Class would have been a good place to start with these. They did a good job on the design aspect, which is something I have always been critical of with the construction vehicles and truck transformers since I grew up around heavy equipment. Rather empowering feeling when you are a kid and your able to get behind the wheel of a huge 988-Cat loader.
Can't wait to see pics. of the rest of the Constructicons.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:13 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I think the engineering of tank treads into large wheels is creative, but this is certainly a new direction for transformers.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby rpetras » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:15 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I think it is neat that it has a unique transform, but I'm not 100% sold on the actual design.

If he is part of devastator (I suppose he is) then I'm curious to see the rest.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Oilspill » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:16 am

Locrien wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned, but I highly doubt he'll be part of the devistator toy, or part of him in the movie. I think devistator might be comprised of entirely different constructicons....what do u think? Or was he confirmed as one of the 9 (or seven) or whatever the case may be? lol

No, pretty sure he's one of them. Devastator was rumoured to be made up of big construction vehicles and this fits the bill. And I saw someone mention that they think this might form an arm.

Also, I've got a theory that the silver bit in this guys arm is the Mech Alive feature that will be present in some of the ROTF toys. It looks like when the elbow bends it would spin around. Wonder if someone can confirm this.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby Nemesis Hacker » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:23 am

I LOVE IT, i missed out on my favorite bot from bm (thrust) i love the one wheeled aspect and if is a sperate figure as well as part of the devastator set (which i will get anyway) i will by him for his own display
Nemesis Hacker
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby manuwi2 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:25 am

Is it Voyager or deluxe size?? :???: :???:
manuwi2
Mini-Con

Postby Solrac333 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:40 am

I like it. Looks menacing.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby cadenheadr04 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:41 am

Motto: ""War is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I think this one is one of the toys that actually has the separate robot mode versus the actual combiner version... cause wasn't there a confirmation that there would be two different versions of the constructicon toys, ones that came as a set to combine and ones that you bought seperate for the individual robot modes? So this one looks like it is supposed to be one of the individual figures... and I personally think it is an interesting idea and took a great deal of progressive creativity to think of it...
cadenheadr04
Micromaster
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:45 am

I thought I read previously that they are supposed to be Voyager size.

This is somewhat of a downer considering how many it will take to form the whole giant robot sand the fact that Hasbro is upping the prices. This just priced a huge chunk of the fan community right out of the possibility of being able to get an entire Devastator set. Actually, I consider it a stupid move on Hasbro's part. Mattels profits dropped 50% in their last quarter and I know that Hasbro didn't exactly come out smelling as pretty as they hoped they would.
In light of that and the continuing trend in the economy, I would say that Hasbro has an excellent head start on shooting themselves in the foot with this new movie line.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Knock Out » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:51 am

I think we're all judging too quickly and harshly based on mis-transformed early releases. And like I posted before, Bay is embracing the concept that the TFs are alien. I personally can't wait to see what the rest of the Constructicons look like. I'm an old school-G1er, but I've learned to accept change. I say, quit griping, and if you don;t like the looks of a toy, just DON'T BUY IT! :-x
Knock Out
Mini-Con

Postby Kryptikore » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:I think the engineering of tank treads into large wheels is creative, but this is certainly a new direction for transformers.

Agreed this is a new direction. I always questioned how and why they have human like forms. Being that they are alien I would imagine the possiblities are endless, but could also be horrific! My first and only complain about this toy so far is the color sceme. Not that it has to be green, but it's just to bright for me. I'm sure there will be a repaint and an additional 100 buck out of my wallet! Now my question is how the heck do you even pose this guy? Will he come with a stand? I'm guessing aftermarket.

Finally hit 500!
Kryptikore
Vehicon

Postby dragons » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:23 pm

everyone keeps whining about the scale of these figures if your going to talk about scale remeber g1 figures if thats your discussion g1 combinors where where small when they should have been into the size of metroplex glavatron g1 may be bigger than some of the g1 combinors & g1 galvatron wasnt even rmotly close to be in scale at all none of the g1 figures where properly in scale with any figure or any other future release of new transformers that will get released in the future.

i like the desgin of this ill get him but ill wait & see what the devastator set looks like i dont know if hasbro decided to rethink there devastator idead and make a good looking that has induvidaul robot modes for each figure and combines into the giant that we all know or there are going to be 2 seperat releasses of this guy ill wait & see if theres one version of devastator or 2 versions one that combines & the other that does not combine & just trasnforms.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Burritotron » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:42 pm

the commercial for tfw really sent me in the direction of this guy, he is definetly cool, i just think they could've done better on the transformation of the body and hands. the body is a lot thicker, and if you look at the screenshots, the hand quite noticably has fingers split from th e shovel. i think he's a cool new direction for transformers, but i personally do not want ot spend 20 bucks on it, so i convinced my brother in to getting it. he he he. :twisted:
Burritotron
Mini-Con

Postby Kibble » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
I dunno...maybe it'll be cool in the movie, but I personally think this toy looks completely lame. I hope this isn't a necessary part of Devastator (if there's any hope that his toy doesn't ultimately suck) because I don't want any part in wasting money on this POS.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Archatron » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Oilspill wrote:
Locrien wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned, but I highly doubt he'll be part of the devistator toy, or part of him in the movie. I think devistator might be comprised of entirely different constructicons....what do u think? Or was he confirmed as one of the 9 (or seven) or whatever the case may be? lol

No, pretty sure he's one of them. Devastator was rumoured to be made up of big construction vehicles and this fits the bill. And I saw someone mention that they think this might form an arm.

Also, I've got a theory that the silver bit in this guys arm is the Mech Alive feature that will be present in some of the ROTF toys. It looks like when the elbow bends it would spin around. Wonder if someone can confirm this.

Yes, you are correct sir. :APPLAUSE:
Archatron
Combiner
News Credits: 9

Postby robotrik » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:20 pm

Am i the only one that thinks his robot mode looks alot like BM Thrust ??
robotrik
Fuzor

Postby Hoppercool » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:45 pm

This toy looks completely stupid, the movie character it's based on looks completely stupid, and anyone who thinks this looks cool is a lover of completely stupid things. Seriously, this thing looks totally retarded.
Hoppercool
Mini-Con

Postby The_Fires_Of_Inferno » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:52 pm

that is so horrendously ugly!

I WANT IT!!! :D
"Happiness is made of irony, sarcasm, and cynicism. You don't know or care why you're happy, and you don't want to know. Because if you did know, then you would think of what makes you unhappy, then you would have been better off not thinking about it at all, so why bother?" - Me

Groovy
The_Fires_Of_Inferno
Mini-Con

Postby Valandar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Hoppercool wrote:This toy looks completely stupid, the movie character it's based on looks completely stupid, and anyone who thinks this looks cool is a lover of completely stupid things. Seriously, this thing looks totally retarded.

How eloquent. Because someone may like ONE thing you do not, EVERYTHING they like is stupid.

Meanwhile, I'm holding judgement until we see the FULL Devastator. If HE looks good, then what does it matter what this schmuck looks like in "robot" mode, it'll never be seen.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Bottle Crunch & Squeak Dog Toy Hasbro 2023 New"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers ROTF Burger King Fast Food Premium 2011 210930A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gacha Arms Microns Takara Tomy 2012"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. STRIKER + STALKER Transformers Collaborative GI Joe 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACK CONVOY PEN Transformers Sentinel Optimus Prime Japan Takara Tomy 2014 New"
NEW!
BLACK CONVOY PEN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #4 Regular Cvr IDW Comics 2017 (W) Barber (A/CA) Zama"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sting Shot BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
Sting Shot BUMBLEB ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON