This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TF2 ROTF Game Teaser now online

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

TF2 ROTF Game Teaser now online

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:55 pm

IGN.com has just posted the new Transformers 2 ROTF game teaser online. No big spoilers here but some interesting clips.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/951/951404p1.html
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: TF2 ROTF Game Teaser now online

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Front Paged and Credited. Thanks DevastaTTor.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby YRQRM0 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Interesting, what's that thing next to Ironhide?
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby ACIDSTORM » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:50 pm

looks quite good with the graphics looking a little better than the last game but wouldn't be able to tell properly without seeing a longer version
one thing i did notice was sideswipe (or barricade i couldn't tell which) and i was wondering if that turret type thing was a transforming "weapon"
ACIDSTORM
Micromaster

Postby Agent 007 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:00 pm

look yummy can't wait for reviews and more screen caps
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nice. The PSP better not get screwed over again. Lets also hope that if theres a collectors edition its on more than one console and actually has some useful extras. So is this up for preorder yet?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Cliffjumper Prime » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Weapon: Big Cannon
looks good... not TOO impressed with the graphics, but they're as good or better than the first so it's all good... did anyone check out the pics they have for the game? There're two different drone/possible new characters(perhaps game only) fighting bumblebee... also next to the vid is an interesting description:

The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game lets gamers step into the shoes of the Autobots or Decepticons, select any available mission and pick from the largest, most diverse range of playable Transformers – each with their own distinct abilities and weaponry. Set in unique environment... (cuts off and can't find more)

so it seems like my(and a lot of other peoples') prayers from the first game are being answered in that you can pick your character this time instead of being stuck with a certain bot for each level. Here's hoping it turns out to be the game the first one shoulda been. :grin:
Cliffjumper Prime
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Endurance: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby BadFlipKC » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Lots more drones/enemies to fight in this game!
BadFlipKC
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4

Postby YRQRM0 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:59 pm

I just realized, I never did beat the first one. #-o I never won the decepticon levels, I've been too hooked on DBZ games.

(rus to PS2)
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube

Postby Heavy B » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:33 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
score...
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 5

Postby dabattousai » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Loved the transition of the Decepticon Logo transition into The Fallen's face.
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
It looks good, but lets see if it *is* good. I have my doubts. While the original game was fun, it wasn't a must own. (which is why I don't have it in my collection.)

I do wonder though, will that voice over open the movie like the first one? Because it would be awesome, and it fits.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:55 pm

I suppose it's too much to hope that they revived the mechanics of the old Armada game for this?
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Mechabreaker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:16 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Interesting indeed, I like! Hopefully it will be much better than the first Transformers Movie game.

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Strength: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:23 pm

i_amtrunks wrote:Front Paged and Credited. Thanks DevastaTTor.

Don't mention it.

If I get this game, I should actually finish it this time.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby D-340 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Caelus wrote:I suppose it's too much to hope that they revived the mechanics of the old Armada game for this?

I guess so, I mean why would you do that being the Armada was the best TF game done to date. So instead they just rip off a tired GTA style gameplay, make sense to me :roll:

Don't get me wrong, the first game was enjoyable, but it was no PS 2 Armada. As far as the ROTF game, I'll get it, stomp through it like I did the first, and get all the achievements I can.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby guarayakha » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:12 am

I hope they'd allow transformation in midair this time. It was lame in the first game that I had to wait till I land on my feet before switching over to alt mode.
guarayakha
Targetmaster

Postby Trikeboy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 am

Did that video just confirm that Blackout is back. I don't remember hearing that before.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby cor2879 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:50 am

Motto: "Government didn't create the problem, government IS the problem."
Weapon: X-Ray Laser Cannon
I was an "early adopter" of the first game and will be holding off on this one until I read some reviews or until it hits the $20 bin (didn't take long for the first one to get there...). The first one seemed like all the effort was put into making the first few levels enjoyable, with the remaining ones tacked on just because. In the final analysis, I found the game to be shallow and really lacking an sort of replayability once the story arcs for both sides were completed.

The best Transformers game to date? Transformers G1 Awakening by GLU Mobile. Yes a little cell phone game is better than any other TF game made. I wish they'd do an Xbox Live Arcade version because it would rock.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

- Albert Einstein
cor2879
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby partholon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:58 pm

lets be brutally honest.

this could suck balls and were STILL gonna buy it :) :). that said it does indeed look better than the last game which ,while pretty, was boring as feck.

i agree with the other poster that while flawed in places the armada game has been the most fun to date.

hopefully they'll learn the lessons of the last game that ya need more that just pretty graphics. being able to play ANY character would be a nice start. i cant believe you couldnt play brawl in the last one !

anyway getting back to the trailer is it just me or does peters voice always sound like he's got a cold in these things? must be inferior dubbers or something as he always sounds spot on elsewhere. on whats in it its nice to see the selection of areanas are as well deveoped as last time and for what its worth i think that weapons platform was deployed by ironhide to act like a sentry. its a similar gimmick to what ive seen in an old PS2 game called "rogue trooper" ages back.

its a hell of a lot of fun so hopefully theyve done something similar for all the OTHER characters too to help differentiate them from each other.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby YRQRM0 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Caelus wrote:I suppose it's too much to hope that they revived the mechanics of the old Armada game for this?

That'd be awesom, I still play Armada every now and then, its the best. You could fight Devastator like the tidal wave level in Armada
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube

Postby Senor Hugo » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:58 pm

The first game was all sorts of horrible.

Unless they get rid of the retarded time trials....and the magic pedestrians, and the fact that a palm tree is more powerful than alien weaponry, and the crappy hype about "fully destructible stuff" or the crappy hype "it makes you feel like you're a large robot walking around a city, because windows blow out and everything explodes as you get within a mile of it"

God I hated the first game.

I mean, is it really that hard to make a good Transformers game? Hell it's been done for years(without the Transforming part) in Armored Core.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Newtilator » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 am

Why has no-one pionted out what appears to be Blackout hovering over a lushiously rendered aircraft carrier?
Will this game contain prequel elements?
Is that the Carrier from the teaser?
Hmm.
The last Ds game was fab, its only shortcoming was the transformations not being droolworthy. I bought the PS3 one.
I kinda regret that after playing my friends ds one. :(
I am a very disgruntled Brit.

Newtilator
Fuzor

Postby lowman_x » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:37 am

Motto: "It's all about perspective."
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
Is it just me or is Peter sounding a little like he's got a cold or something? Especially when he says "I am Optimus Prime..."

(Yes, I am aware that I have just done something heretical...) :P
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."
lowman_x
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Spacecraft
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON