This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Movie prequal 1 to be given out on free comic book day.

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Movie prequal 1 to be given out on free comic book day.

Postby Neko » Fri May 04, 2007 3:23 pm

http://idwpublishing.com/news/pressreleases/fcbd_2007.shtml

This is awesome. I never got to read #1. 8)
Neko
Brainmaster
News Credits: 20

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Fri May 04, 2007 4:13 pm

old news. too bad i dont have any comic specialty stores near me.
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1

Postby Hotrod » Fri May 04, 2007 5:39 pm

Front paged as a freindly reminder!
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Autobobby1 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:13 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
I'm going tomorrow with my dad. I'm picking up Sonic the Hedgehog, and my dad is getting Transformers for me.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Exdominus » Fri May 04, 2007 7:07 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
NEWBURY COMICS HERE I COME
HMW: Once Again Proving How Many People Have NO LIFE
Exdominus
Vehicon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Fri May 04, 2007 7:11 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Think Movie prequel #1's gonna be my free comic if I'm able to go tomorrow.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Calvatron » Fri May 04, 2007 7:31 pm

May just have to make that 1 hr extra drive tomorrow after work.
Calvatron
Fuzor

Postby PrimulArchangel » Fri May 04, 2007 8:27 pm

Ill be hitting up Jay and Silent Bobs Secret Stash to see if they will be giving any away, i hope so :)
Check Out My Site , www.PrimulArchangelboxes.com for cool custom WST boxes and some full size G1 repro boxes and more :)
PrimulArchangel
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby dj_funk_gut » Fri May 04, 2007 8:52 pm

free comic book day is just them giving away ashcan like stuff. it's not like they give away "real" comic books it's like 12 page to 8 page stuff that is promoting new stuff.. boo.. yuck
dj_funk_gut
Micromaster

Postby Neko » Fri May 04, 2007 10:21 pm

ShGarland_1383 wrote:Think Movie prequel #1's gonna be my free comic if I'm able to go tomorrow.

At my old comic store they let everyone have a copy of each comic they offered for free comic book day. Most were stuff like Ducktales and kiddy comics, but there were a few decent stuff once in a while.
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Fri May 04, 2007 10:52 pm

anyone want to pick up an extra for me? pretty please :PRAY:
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat May 05, 2007 12:18 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Damn all the stores near me arent doing it this year. The nearst one is a 20min drive away. Damn it.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sat May 05, 2007 1:55 am

Neko wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:Think Movie prequel #1's gonna be my free comic if I'm able to go tomorrow.

At my old comic store they let everyone have a copy of each comic they offered for free comic book day. Most were stuff like Ducktales and kiddy comics, but there were a few decent stuff once in a while.

Nifty. I can get Amazing Spider-Man Swing Shift 2007 and that thing from Dark Horse too, if I want. :)

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Damn all the stores near me arent doing it this year. The nearst one is a 20min drive away. Damn it.

Lucky. I don't have any stores near me. Nearest one is damn near to Fiesta Mall. That's quite a ways, especially since it takes me no fewer than 15 minutes (often more than that if you factor in traffic and the ongoing road work on Ironwood).
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat May 05, 2007 10:25 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
ShGarland_1383 wrote:doing it this year. The nearst one is a 20min drive away. Damn it.

Lucky. I don't have any stores near me. Nearest one is damn near to Fiesta Mall. That's quite a ways, especially since it takes me no fewer than 15 minutes (often more than that if you factor in traffic and the ongoing road work on Ironwood).[/quote]

Well seeing as i dont have a job wich means no money for gas im not lucky. Its strange. I got a flyer from the one store about comic book day but hes not on the websites list. Ill have to stop by and check just in case.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat May 05, 2007 12:33 pm

I'd like a free comic book

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby DISCHARGE » Sat May 05, 2007 1:33 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Free comic book day has been good to me.
I got the Transformers prequel, a Batman Hero clix, a
FF4 movie poster, and because I brought my kid who just happened to be wearing her Flash hat and a Ghost Rider shirt,
they gave her a ton of free comics including Spider-man- Gumby.
SCORE!!!!!!
I may still go to Milwaukee as there are at least 4 comic shops up there.
DISCHARGE
City Commander
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby Unicron's_head » Sat May 05, 2007 4:34 pm

I picked up the free TF issue and 2 others. I tried to get a TF movie poster but they were all out
Unicron's_head
Fuzor

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sat May 05, 2007 7:51 pm

dj_funk_gut wrote:free comic book day is just them giving away ashcan like stuff. it's not like they give away "real" comic books it's like 12 page to 8 page stuff that is promoting new stuff.. boo.. yuck

How many pages was Prequel #1? Also picked up TF Spotlight: Kup (the sketch version of Nick Roche's cover). Gotta read it again because the end got a bit confusing, but I really enjoyed it. Also needed bags and boards, because I've been out forever and I need to keep my TFCC newsletters in something.

Edit: I actually counted 22 pages after seeing this quote, with 3 adds, a "decepticomments" page, and 2 sketch pages at the end. Funk's comment has me wondering a little bit if this the normal issue content. Story itself is quite good, though I feel it could have quite easily passed as a one-shot like the Kup spotlight I bought today. That's not a bad thing though, since the first 2 issues of the prequel mini are sold out.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster

Postby Blackstreak » Sun May 06, 2007 4:44 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I went to the nearest comic store and managed to swipe the very last copy of Prequel #1. Good thing 'cuz I missed the original release and apparently these are completely sold out.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun May 06, 2007 1:28 pm

Blackstreak wrote:I went to the nearest comic store and managed to swipe the very last copy of Prequel #1. Good thing 'cuz I missed the original release and apparently these are completely sold out.

That's why they front-paged this one on Friday; normal issue is sold out, and the FCBD edition was a solid second chance at grabbing a copy.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster

Postby Hairball178 » Sun May 06, 2007 5:23 pm

What I think is neat to get at FCBD are these freebie comics of books that I've never even heard of. Some can be a pleasant surprising book that you didn't plan on getting, and some things...well, I'm not keen on free reprints (examples: every FCBD Transformer book that has come out so far, last year's Superman/Batman #1).
Hairball178
Combiner

Postby Duke of Luns » Sun May 06, 2007 7:25 pm

Hairball178 wrote:What I think is neat to get at FCBD are these freebie comics of books that I've never even heard of. Some can be a pleasant surprising book that you didn't plan on getting, and some things...well, I'm not keen on free reprints (examples: every FCBD Transformer book that has come out so far, last year's Superman/Batman #1).

Actually, there's only been two FCBD Transformer issues to my knowledge previously,and only the IDW issue was a reprint. The Dreamwave Armada issue had a completely new story, which I was fortunate to pick up last year(the comic shop I went to last year still had some old stuff).

But anyway, this issue officially has all the actual comic content that Prequal #1 had? If so, then congratulations IDW, you win. I read it, and now I'm curious as to what happens next, and I will either pick up the back issues if I can, or get the trade. To clarify, that was Bumblebee that got his vocal cords cut, right? Hope he turns out well in the movie, but I'll find out in 58 days :grin: . It's gonna be so awsome.

Hey, was the Spider-Man issue a new one? I enjoyed that story. The X-Men Runaways, not so much. The story was fine, but I really didn't like the art style. I'm gonna have to pick up those digests someday, as the Runaways seem very interesting.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Neko » Mon May 07, 2007 5:19 am

My comic store didn't get anything to give away for free comic book day. No TF prequal for Neko. :sad:
Neko
Brainmaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
NEW!
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BV-02 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Awakening Voyager MV7 Rise ROTB 2023 New"
NEW!
BV-02 OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON