This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Activision releases Press Release for ROTF game

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Activision releases Press Release for ROTF game

Postby Seibertron » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:46 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
ACTIVISION GEARS UP FOR MONUMENTAL BATTLE WITH TRANSFORMERS™: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN

Santa Monica, CA – February 6, 2009 – The fate of the earth and the survival of the human race hang in the balance in the Transformers™: Revenge of the Fallen video game from Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI). Based on Hasbro’s legendary TRANSFORMERS property and the most anticipated blockbuster film of 2009 from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures in association with Hasbro, the game propels players straight into an adrenaline-pumping battle for supremacy across the globe where every second and every choice makes the difference between mankind’s salvation and annihilation.

“The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game will give fans the chance to experience their favorite AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS in an all-new, movie inspired adventure packed with the thrilling and explosive action that only the TRANSFORMERS universe can deliver,” said Rob Kostich, vice president of global brand management, Activision, Inc. “We are thrilled to announce that after experiencing the rush of commanding colossal robots on their own, players can challenge their friends for the first time ever in full-featured, blistering multiplayer action as their favorite characters.”

“Activision has developed a Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game that will give gamers and fans a truly compelling way to experience TRANSFORMERS,” said Mark Blecher, Hasbro’s General Manager of Digital Gaming and Media. “The Activision team’s passion for the property clearly shows in the character development, intense action and rich graphics that really deliver an immersive experience for the user.”

The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game lets gamers step into the shoes of the AUTOBOTS or DECEPTICONS, select any available mission and pick from the largest, most diverse range of playable Transformers – each with their own distinct abilities and weaponry. Set in unique environments across the globe such as Cairo and Shanghai, the game allows players to instantly switch between vehicle and robot modes as they drive, fly, fight and blast their way through intense, pressure-packed levels. After engaging in single player action, players for the first time ever will be able to go online and battle friends in all-new multiplayer modes.

The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game is currently in development by Luxoflux for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and for Windows PC by Beenox Studios.

Also, award-winning Krome Studios is developing distinct Wii™ and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system versions, utilizing the individual platform features to deliver an intense 3rd person action adventure game that combines dynamic robot combat with arcade-style vehicle sequences and flight-based levels. In addition, two completely different titles are being developed for Nintendo DS™ by Vicarious Visions, allowing players to take on AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON-specific campaigns. For the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, a unique, fast-paced action arcade title is being developed by Savage Entertainment.

For more information on the game and to receive exclusive updates about the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game, visit http://www.TransformersGame.com.

About Hasbro, Inc.

Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. (C) 2009 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision Publishing maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, http://www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing’s ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing’s products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard’s success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated, and the other factors identified in Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

###

HASBRO and its logo, TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2009 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. © 2009 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision is a registered trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.

All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.

You can view Activision's Transformers game website by visiting transformersgame.com.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Activision releases Press Release for ROTF game

Postby Solrac333 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 am

Awesome! I hope it's better than the first game. That one was ok. Also, I hope it says "Transform" and not "Convert". That always bugged me.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Psychout » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:20 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
After engaging in single player action, players for the first time ever will be able to go online and battle friends in all-new multiplayer modes.

Thats what we wanted to hear.

Bring on the trumpets! :twisted:
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby SJ21 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:39 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Well, the first game was so bad that i couldn't even finish it. The control scheme was bad, level design was poor, and the ai enemies were terrible. The enemies went from look-at-them-and-they-explode easy to next-to-impossible to even hit (the bad targeting system didn't help either). I was really disappointed because they did hid a lot of content to unlock.

I will rent this one before I go buy it. These are movie licensed games, so they are usually pretty bad. But, it is Transformers...
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10

Postby Zordon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:50 am

Motto: "I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive, but your weak link is: this is seibertron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Seibertron wrote: In addition, two completely different titles are being developed for Nintendo DS™ by Vicarious Visions, allowing players to take on AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON-specific campaigns.

i right, hope they are more "different" than the last DS movie game. they could of easily put both "games" into one cart. its pokemon all over again you will need both games to catch'em all.
Zordon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:57 am

SJ21 wrote:Well, the first game was so bad that i couldn't even finish it.

Really? I beat most of it in one day, and I generally suck at video games.

Though I certainly don't disagree on any of those defects - the Atari Armada game was much better on many points: being able to transform from robot to vehicle mode while jumping or falling, being able to switch between first and third person POV when shooting, being able to brawl across the expanse of an entire level rather than have to stay within a sumo circle while you fight, and having enemies that relied on skill and teamwork to beat you rather than gimmicks that made them formulaic. All that, and it still had room for crazy minicon power-ups/weapons. And an awesome level inside Tidalwave.

On the other hand, the Armada game only had three Autobots and no Decepticons, no climbing or throwing things, environments that were pretty but generic, nontransforming enemies (except bosses), no unlockable skins, and no 'freeplay'.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:00 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Psychout wrote:
After engaging in single player action, players for the first time ever will be able to go online and battle friends in all-new multiplayer modes.

Trumpets!!

I hope the multiplayer is deathmatch or co-op hunt the enemy and not just two people play the story mode.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+

Postby drfeelgood81083 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:13 am

This second game cannot possibly be as horrible as first movie game..... I hope
drfeelgood81083
Mini-Con

Postby Thundercrapper » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:38 am

I hope they have more G1 inspired skins like the first game had G1 Megs
Thundercrapper
Mini-Con

Postby Heavy B » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
man, i hope the multiplayer is on the wii version. that would be AWESOME
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sounds like they're going to fix most of the problems and draw backs from the first game. Cant wait. Defiantly going to pre-order first chance i get.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby partholon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:09 pm

one good thing.

no matter HOW crap it is sooner or later your gonna have to fight DEVESTATOR in it.

that alone has got to be worth the cash :)
partholon
Headmaster Jr

Postby ashe5k » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:45 pm

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
Guess I'll be passing on the PSP version yet again. Same developer as last time and that version was TERRIBLE, easily the worst of the multi-platform games. I have hopes for the PC and PS2 though.
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:41 pm

All I want is the ability to transform in mid-air like in PS2 Armada game. That's it. I hated the fact that when you jumped you couldn't transform....
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby D-340 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Psychout wrote:

Well, now things are lookin' up a bit. Hopefully they fixed what was wrong in the first game though, it wasn't horrible, just not great either.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby Wheelimus Prime » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Motto: "Seems Legit"
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
i dont know why but im a little worried about the fact that 2 different companies will be making 2 different transformers games based on the movie :shock:
Seibertron's resident Pumpkin.
Art for Signature and Avatar by Trishields.
neliz wrote:Wheelimus, you old bastard, let me help you with a new signature.
Wheelimus Prime
Faction Commander
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 4

Postby spiritofcat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:26 am

Wheelimus Prime wrote:i dont know why but im a little worried about the fact that 2 different companies will be making 2 different transformers games based on the movie :shock:

Actually, it's more like 4 different companies and 4 different games.
1 - 360, PS3 & PC
2 - Wii & PS2
3 - PSP
4 - DS
spiritofcat
Combiner

Postby Nemesis Hacker » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:50 am

Well sounds like a choice of bots per level (probably after you have completed it properly) as for multiplayer as long as it is vs it should be fun (still hoping for free roaming levels where you can fight, destroy or 'cruise' as your fave bots or cons)
Nemesis Hacker
Fuzor

Postby syphonn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
It's a video game based on a movie and considering just how awful and disappointing the first game was, I will have to pass on this one. Maybe if they have a demo on Live, but that's about it
District 9, what Transformers could have been ...
syphonn
Vehicon
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby ashe5k » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:55 pm

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
spiritofcat wrote:
Wheelimus Prime wrote:i dont know why but im a little worried about the fact that 2 different companies will be making 2 different transformers games based on the movie :shock:

Actually, it's more like 4 different companies and 4 different games.
1 - 360, PS3 & PC
2 - Wii & PS2
3 - PSP
4 - DS

It's 4 different/similar games but 5 different companies.

1 - 360 and PS3 - Luxoflux
2 - PC - port of 360 and PS3 game by Beenox
3 - Wii and PS2 - Krome Studios
4 - DS - Vicarious Visions
5 - PSP - Savage Entertainment (same guys who made the crappy PSP game for the first film)
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Inevitable Betrayal » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:35 am

I actually really enjoyed the Decepticons game for the DS... I'll definitely be planning to pick up Decepticons again this time around. Don't know why anybody would grab the namby-pamby Autobot version, though, especially if there's the chance of a playable Devastator in the air...

...actually, come to think of it, they'll probably give the 'bots a playable Superion or something if the 'cons get playable Devastator... but anyway...
Animated gif shamelessly stolen from gregnier of the Sluggy Freelance discussion forum.

Fear the coming reign of the Lucky Star Decepticons!

Click here. Come on, try it!
Inevitable Betrayal
Mini-Con
Location: This Land... or maybe Your Grave. I'm not sure which.

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
NEW!
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON