This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers News from Toyfair 2009!!!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers News from Toyfair 2009!!!!

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I'm gonna be honest, I'm interested in the combining Devastator.
I won't be buying the transforming figures for two reasons. 1.) Really out of scale, 2.) They're ugly as sin.

I don't like that they don't combine, except for the Zordistator, (and even then it's just the vehicle modes to combined robot) but apparently you can't have everything.

The pickins is slim this year. Not amused.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Skowl » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Well, that confirms that Josh Nizzi's Long Haul concept will be in the movie.

Hell-Friggin'-Yeah!
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby RiddlerJ » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:01 pm

All right. We're getting closer and closer to a G1 Arcee.

Though I would'nt be surprised if this is as far as we get.

Ratbat is Fail though. I can't see rebuying Soundwave for him.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:08 pm

FINALLY we have a true Arcee...granted its TFU but hey we never got a G1 version

Frac we must get Soundwave again in order to get Ratbat
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby shortround » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm not sure about the constructicons from the movie line and devastator isn't what I was expecting. I like the animated stuff it look pretty cool can't wait to get my hands on the first proper looking arcee.
Serpentor "I am the one born to rule and destined to conquer. Let those who fear me, follow me. Let those who oppose me, die."
shortround
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby what0080 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:45 pm

My verdict:

I'm generally pleased about the closeness of the figures to their CG models (the ones we've seen so far...). I'm still excited for new Optimus Prime Leader-Class...

Devastator ver. 2:

[rant]

This represents a conflict of interest for me. While I like the toy design for Devastator and even some of the names (save for "Hightower/Hook" and "Rampage/Bonecrusher" [3 guesses as to which name I'll be calling them...]), the fact that I'll have to buy SEPERATE Voyager-class toys for individual robot modes is nothing short of stupid and insulting. Reps from Hasbro are quoted (from AllSpark) as saying that:

"Large toys aren't cost effective in today's economy, so if they do them they have to be strongly integrated into the fiction."

"Strongly integrated into the fiction" huh? Who fits that bill? Hm... Oh, I know:

DEVASTATOR!!!

If Hasbro wanted to make Devastator, they should've bit the bullet and made Devy w/ individual Robot modes. It would save us some greenbacks and make us happy simultaneously. Seriously, who's runnin Hasbro these days?

[/rant]

TFA Arcee:
IT'S ABOUT TIME... 'Nuff said.

To wrap it up:

- Leader-class OP still @ the top of my "must buy" list.
- Need soul searching to buy Devy...
- TFA Arcee is long overdue and should get the same treatment as Armada Unicron...

2009 won't be a bad year for our beloved Transformers.
what0080
Micromaster

Postby dragons » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:01 pm

i like twins they have an autobot symblo on there crothch faces look like theve beeen smashed ibn though.

could it be that hasbro has actually done something right thta we may get an actuall devastatr figure that forms in robot mode and into combiner mode he alos looks very top heavy if not positiond right he could fall over must buy for me ( icount 7 bots for him in combiner mode )?

i wander if the bots to form devastator will have bot modes or just the one with bnig wheel.

you think hasbro could do soemthing with bumblebee deluxe figure this time make him way he his except make it you can take off his & swithch it into battle mode it will save us on money & we wouldnt have to buy 2 of teh same figure with differnt heads

crap dang it im sold on the prime i like how he looks, thanks mega power bots loko like crap ill stick with the original

its funny how ultimate bumblebe is cheaper than devastator

whats with the universe series we allready seen all of them & most of them are in stores all ready.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Magnus Minor » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:09 pm

ARCEE... SWORDS! SOUNDBLASTER... RATBAT? :D :APPLAUSE: :!: :?: :shock: :-B #-o
Magnus Minor
Mini-Con

Postby JayDee » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm not jumping on the Devastator bashing wagon -yet. I will be disappointed if this is the only Devastator set, but I have not seen the rest of the Constructicons in their Voyager or Deluxe version, other than Demolishor and Rampage... and those two have the possibility to turn into parts of Devastator. I remember seeing one of the first Demolishor pics and the tracks can be placed at the shoulders, similar to what this vehicle-only Devastator counterpart does. And if you look closely to Deluxe Rampage, he has enough joints to easily be transformed into Devastator's left leg (and I think he has proper feet, just mistransformed.)

The Fallen, Jetfire, Megatron and other figures we've seen on leaked images, just because they weren't at this toy expo, it doesn't mean they don't exist as part of the line. So, I think the individual Constructicons we have not seen yet might be able to form Devastator.
Check out my studio's new multimedia website:
Protoform Studio.
Now in english, too!
JayDee
Micromaster

More New ROTF Toys at Transformersclub.com

Postby Skowl » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:25 pm

The official Transformers Collectors' Club website has been updated with new images of new Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen figures.

Be sure to click on the "Transformers Main Movie line" or "Products for Younger Fans" to see the first images of some new ROTF toys in-packaging (including Demolisher & Rampage) as well as all-new Robot Heroes (including voice-changers, gravity-bots, and a "Battle for the Allspark" Multipack, showcasing the climactic action sequence from the end of the first film)

See them all by clicking here.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Firebird » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Thanks for posting all the new pictures :D

Arcee - Awesome! I need her
Soundblaster - Awesome! Black repaint = Cool
Ratbat - Keytarriffic!!!
Devastator - meh, I thought these new angles would make it look better. But all I see is an upside down Powershovel with a cement mixer on top facing backwards, with 4 deluxe figures for limbs. He may look awesome in the movie but I don't think he will be in my collection. (2 Voyagers + 4 Deluxes =/= $100)
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Omega Charge » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Let me say these are fantastic photos!

Seibertron's > all.
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Kibble » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
JayDee wrote:I'm not jumping on the Devastator bashing wagon -yet. I will be disappointed if this is the only Devastator set, but I have not seen the rest of the Constructicons in their Voyager or Deluxe version, other than Demolishor and Rampage... and those two have the possibility to turn into parts of Devastator. I remember seeing one of the first Demolishor pics and the tracks can be placed at the shoulders, similar to what this vehicle-only Devastator counterpart does. And if you look closely to Deluxe Rampage, he has enough joints to easily be transformed into Devastator's left leg (and I think he has proper feet, just mistransformed.)

If that were the case it would render the set displayed rather pointless, no? What I don't understand is why Demolishor's "bot" mode blows so majorly when it's not even a compromise for the sake of forming Devastator...
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Re: More New ROTF Toys at Transformersclub.com

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Found this in the club email, which is how I went over there before hitting Seibertron today.

Thoughts based on what I see in the movie gallery there:

Demolishor: Likely pass for me. Great vehicle mode, but right now I'm pretty much "WTF?" about that robot mode. The problem I'm having is that he's pretty much going to stand on what should be his arms in robot mode, if I wanted to display him that way. Don't really like that much.

Breakaway: Pass only if this mold doesn't get a repaint somewhere down the line (which, knowing Hasbro, is likely). One of those figures where a good, solid-looking mold gets murdered by it's own deco to begin with, but gets fixed simply by falling victim to Hasbro's tendency to repaint.

Sideswipe: The difference between this figure and Breakaway is that while Sideswipe really should have been red to begin with, the deco isn't so god awful that I'd pass in the hope of the repaint I'd bet will come anyway.

Soundwave: Reminds me a bit of movie Megatron. Happy he's a triple-changer for the movie: not a big fan of him just having the satellite alt mode.

Rollbar: This is what Payload should have been.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Kuribohfett » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:30 pm

So, let me get this straight, Devestator looks 100 percent cooler then he was in G1, and yet everyone hates it. Well, go figure.

I think everything shown today is freaking awesome, especially Rampage and Sideswipe. Those two designs rock. I mean, sure, there are a few things I won't buy, and there are quite a few things I don't really care for, but nothing sucked to me.

And BumbleSpud makes me rejoice.
Image>
Kuribohfett
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby D-340 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:38 pm

I really like Zordastator. I usually display my gestalts combined anyway, so while it's nice to have all the components with separate bot modes, it's really not a deal breaker to me. As long as the combined mode looks the way it should. I'm happy.

Breakaway rules, likin' all the deluxes really. A shame about Skids and Mudflap though, bot modes=win, faces=supermegafail.

Gonna grab some of those Gravity Bots for my son, he'll love those. And I love the new Robot Heroes.

Why do those crappy Robot Replicas still exist? They're hideous, and they were shelfwarmers the last go around. Big ol' pass for me.

Animated Arcee and Soundblaster=MEGAWIN! :grin:

Gonna be an expensive summer.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby Kuribohfett » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Totally agree with you about the twins, love the bodies, don't really like the faces. Still, I love the larger arms on opposite sides, so I'm buying them.
Image>
Kuribohfett
Mini-Con

Re: Transformers News from Toyfare!!!!

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Sledge wrote:Please, stop. You're just throwing out unsupported assertions here. I'll point you at RID Landfill and Rail Racer as examples of better combiners. Not that complex, but they stil managed individual robot modes.

People can have their own opinions.
This is the second time tonight I have been alerted to you and the disrespect of others opinions.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Seibertron » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I have uploaded hundreds of photos that I took of Hasbro's ROTF display area. The gallery includes images of the Constructicons, Skids, Soundwave, new Robot Replicas, new Bumblebees, a new Leader Class Optimus Prime and more. You can view this gallery by clicking here.

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby what0080 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:50 pm

It just occurred to me...

Upon further viewing of the Voyager-class Rampage/Bonecrusher, the front part of the dozer can split into 3 parts not unlike the Devastator figure. Is it possible that the other Voyager-class Constructicons can merge into their own Devastator? Or has that been answered?
what0080
Micromaster

Postby DavidT » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
I'm concerned about Devastator's knee joints. It appears that there is quite a bit of upperbody mass. I wonder if you can make him stand straight up????

... and I guess Fortress Maximus is still the biggest Transformer figure...

Last edited by DavidT on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Roadbuster » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:54 pm

Kuribohfett wrote:So, let me get this straight, Devestator looks 100 percent cooler then he was in G1, and yet everyone hates it. Well, go figure.

I think everything shown today is freaking awesome, especially Rampage and Sideswipe. Those two designs rock. I mean, sure, there are a few things I won't buy, and there are quite a few things I don't really care for, but nothing sucked to me.

Actually, everyone hates the figure not because of the way it looks, but because of the news that the individual components will not be sporting bot modes aside vehicle modes. Really doesn't justify the $100 price tag without the bot modes.
Roadbuster
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 6

Postby Crossfire » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:57 pm

So far, the only figures I might be intrested in are Sideswipe, Breakaway (Love the gattling gun), Soundwave, Optimus Prime, and Starscream. And I'll only get Breakaway if you can possition the wings/back to make it look better. Other than that, These figures will be mine! :)
Crossfire
Minibot

Postby Kuribohfett » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:59 pm

Roadbuster wrote:
Kuribohfett wrote:So, let me get this straight, Devestator looks 100 percent cooler then he was in G1, and yet everyone hates it. Well, go figure.

Actually, everyone hates the figure not because of the way it looks, but because of the news that the individual components will not be sporting bot modes aside vehicle modes. Really doesn't justify the $100 price tag without the bot modes.

That's a good point. I can understand that some people might feel a little gypped at no bot modes, and it is steep, but I guess I'd rather have two sets of Constructicons than have Hasbro cram everything into only one set. This way I can display them both ways, having my cake and eating it too. And maybe it's more expensive because of size, electronics, something like that. Only time will tell for sure.
Image>
Kuribohfett
Mini-Con

Postby Kibble » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:06 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
And now for a non-Devastator related question (although pretty appropriate name for him with the "devastating" news that he's such a disappointment to many...lololololz) Anyhow, the alliance Bumblebee fig...is he really Alternator sized? Thanks much!
Kibble
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON