This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

NY Toys Fair 2009 :Star Wars Transformers

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

NY Toys Fair 2009 :Star Wars Transformers

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Check out the pictures here:

http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbropanel/image29.asp

If this was posted before I apologize
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Re: NY Toys Fair 2009 :Star Wars Transformers

Postby *Soundwave* » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Its so funny how over used that starfighter mold is now. They made Ahsoka look like a dude...

I don't like the green battle droid face on the blue bot mode, but otherwise looks ok compared to SWTFs from the past.

The magnaguard looks good, but keep the ship silver, not purple. The magnaguards are silver, so is the ship...why make it purple.
*Soundwave*
Vehicon
News Credits: 19

Postby SnapTrap » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:11 pm

i wish hasbro would bring the little pilots back...
SnapTrap
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Primacron's Little Helper » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Glad to see Kit Fisto has finally been announced.

He seems to have a strange paint deco in the linked article, but according to Jediinsider.com this will be changed (presumably to the original clone wars cartoon colours).
Primacron's Little Helper
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
rebelscum.com- Star Wars website, Rebelscum.com, has posted an image from the HASBRO Star Wars Panel showing the newly announced Star Wars Transformers Crossovers for the 2009 year.

This combination of two very popular franchises has caused fans in each camp to take sides on whether they are, or are not, worth being added to a collection.

This image announces an Ahsoka/Jedi Starfighter, Kit Fisto/ Jedi Starfighter, and new molds Battle Droid/ AAT, and Magna Guard/ Magna Guard Fighter.

Regardless of how you may feel, they seem to be doing pretty well, as HASBRO continues this play pattern into yet another wave.

You can see the original image here, at Rebelscum.com. The same image is shared below.

Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby UltraPrimal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
OMG! How can Hasbro keep pumping out SWTF figures, but stuff like Classics, Alternators, Universe, and Animated get the chopping block?
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:56 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
UltraPrimal wrote:OMG! How can Hasbro keep pumping out SWTF figures, but stuff like Classics, Alternators, Universe, and Animated get the chopping block?

Because they're apparently staffed by morons. Which also explains why we're getting a figure based on the Star Wars equivalent of Drift, too.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:43 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
The magnaguard is awesome. Defiantly a must buy. The battle droids not bad but i need to see a better picture before i decide to buy. The Jedi Starfighter has been used way to much. The mold isnt even that great.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby doomseer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:33 am

The starfighter mold is really rubbish and way overused. The two middle ones look good but it will take a bit to get me over how disappointed I was with the second general grievous one.
doomseer
Micromaster

Postby Diem » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 am

BTW, I'd be interesting in knowing what Star Wars fans think of these figures. Do they think the same as most TF fans?
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Cyber Bishop » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:03 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Ugh.. Pass..
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:33 am

[quote="Diem"]BTW, I'd be interesting in knowing what Star Wars fans think of these figures. Do they think the same as most TF fans?[/

I'm both a TF fan and a SW fan, and I think these things are utter pants.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby typh0id » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 am

Darth Bombshell wrote:Because they're apparently staffed by morons.

That's pretty harsh don't you think? They're not STUPID, they're trying to make money...As with anything else, they know the despite that fact that hardcore colelctors may not like this nonsense, it's the mom's with little kid's who will look at these and go "Wow! Transformers AND Star Wars all in one toy! My kid loves both of those so I can totally kill two birds with one stone here!" that are their cash crop...

I think the Marvel Crossovers are tolerable and the Star Wars are just plain crap...But just because Hasbro is putting out some toys I don't like (and not completely up to their TF standards), it doesn't mean that they are idiots for it...In fact, if they weren't making retarded sums of money off of the children/mothers dempographic, they probably wouldn't even bother putting out the good **** like Universe and such...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby craggy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:52 am

That Jedi Starfighter really has to be the most over-repainted toy in TF history. Even the Combaticons haven't had as many redecos. Ok, they've stuck the Hyperspace hula hoop on there, but it is still essentially the same toy isn't it?
Worst of all, it was a rubbish design in the first place. There have been some okay looking SWTFs, but none bar Grievous have ever tempted me to buy them.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander

Postby spiritofcat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm both a TF and SW fan, but I've had very little interest in the SWTF line for the most part.
I bought the Darth Maul one when they first came out, but he was quite disappointing and I've had reservations about buying any more since then.
The droid ones here look like they might be alright though. I'll make a decision on them when I see them in a shop.
spiritofcat
Combiner

Postby T-Macksimus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:13 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Diem wrote:BTW, I'd be interesting in knowing what Star Wars fans think of these figures. Do they think the same as most TF fans?[/

I'm both a TF fan and a SW fan, and I think these things are utter pants.

I was a Star Wars fan long before Transformers. I got the Luke and Vader figure from this line and I'm still debating on Han/Chewie and some of the other "original trilogy" figures. Some of these figures look like they tried too hard to make something work out of something that should not have been attempted to begin with. It's an o.k. idea, I don't dislike the concept, but I don't feel that the other "old school" SW fans are too keen on it.

On a different note, does anyone else find it odd that the battle droid is sporting a "Republic" paint-job? Either some bot got re-programmed or the clones have started "tagging" Trade Fed. property. :P
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:53 pm

I like SWTF's. Great army builders and I like what I'm seeing.

More for me, I guess. :mrgreen:
Emperor Primacron the 1st
Transmetal Warrior

Postby ServO » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:59 pm

I am a fan of both Star Wars and Transformers, and I STILL say they should be making Star Wars Vehicles that turn into our favorite Transformer carachters NOT Star Wars vehicles that transform into Star Wars Carachters. I mean, that part of it just doesn't make sense!!! Are we talking about a HUGE Anakin Skywalker that would turn into a Jedi Starfighter that smaller, more normal sized folks could get in and fly around? Or are we thinking more along the lines of a normal sized Palpatine that transforms into a tiny little go-kart sized shuttle??? We need a podracer that turns into Hot Rod...we need Starscream as an assault shuttle...Arielbot A, X, T, and Y-wings...a Falcon as Jetfire or Ultra Magnus? Buzzsaw and Lazerbeak TIE fighters? Certainly not a Unicron Death Star...I dunno...as a die hard Star Wars fan, I won't ever really accept the crossover figures as some useful part of the Star Wars toy line...When I see the crossover figures (Marvel included), I don't look at them so much as what person they are, but what Transformer figure they could be. I will personally be satisfied when I have a 3-3/4" Speeder-Bike that transforms into I dunno...Rumble or something, that is paired up with a Biker Scout figure...
I suppose we can look foward to an oddly shaped H.I.S.S. Tank that transforms into Destro, and an akward shrunken Sky Stryker that transforms into Duke...
On the up side, there's going to be a Count Dooku Force FX Lightsaber, and a new mold for the 3-3/4" Y-Wing!!! YAY!!! Rejoice!!!
ServO
Minibot

Postby Technically weird » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:00 pm

Motto: "Cut a hole in the box!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
So they're gonna keep repainting these crappy things? Unbelievable...
Technically weird
Minibot
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 4
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby doomseer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:57 pm

The only one I would REALLY recommend for TF fans is the 'commander Cody' one. That one is really very good indeed. The millenium Falcon isn't too bad either, just a bit of an odd concept!
doomseer
Micromaster

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:31 am

typh0id wrote:That's pretty harsh don't you think? They're not STUPID, they're trying to make money...As with anything else, they know the despite that fact that hardcore colelctors may not like this nonsense, it's the mom's with little kid's who will look at these and go "Wow! Transformers AND Star Wars all in one toy! My kid loves both of those so I can totally kill two birds with one stone here!" that are their cash crop...

I think the Marvel Crossovers are tolerable and the Star Wars are just plain crap...But just because Hasbro is putting out some toys I don't like (and not completely up to their TF standards), it doesn't mean that they are idiots for it...In fact, if they weren't making retarded sums of money off of the children/mothers dempographic, they probably wouldn't even bother putting out the good **** like Universe and such...

It may be harsh, but then again, the truth often is. And just because something is successful doesn't mean it's a good idea. SWTF might be a good idea, but even a good idea can be run into the ground, as evident by the fact that most of this line is just repaints, indicating a running out of ideas.

That's also evident in the fact that they decided to make a figure out of Ahsoka, the worst idea to come out of Star Wars ever, and the character that manages the impossible task of making Jar Jar Binks look like a good idea.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:39 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Shame on whomever is still buying these things.

SHAAAAAAME!

(Not that I hate the designs so much as the quality)
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby typh0id » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:58 am

Darth Bombshell wrote:
It may be harsh, but then again, the truth often is. And just because something is successful doesn't mean it's a good idea. SWTF might be a good idea, but even a good idea can be run into the ground, as evident by the fact that most of this line is just repaints, indicating a running out of ideas.

I'm certainly not arguing with that...But bottom line, no matter how asstastic the figures are, if they DO sell then they were a good idea from Hasbro's pov...I might think they are crap (and believe me, I do) but I'm not the one making money off of them...And considering that WE all buy tons of TF repaints without blinking, I have no doubt that the main demographic for the SW crossovers (most of whom don't care so much about the quality because their little kids will like them regardless) will keep buying them...And thus, Hasbro will keep making them...There's really nothing unreasonable about that...
----------
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:04 pm

typh0id wrote: I'm certainly not arguing with that...But bottom line, no matter how asstastic the figures are, if they DO sell then they were a good idea from Hasbro's pov...I might think they are crap (and believe me, I do) but I'm not the one making money off of them...And considering that WE all buy tons of TF repaints without blinking, I have no doubt that the main demographic for the SW crossovers (most of whom don't care so much about the quality because their little kids will like them regardless) will keep buying them...And thus, Hasbro will keep making them...There's really nothing unreasonable about that...

Thank you! I've stated it dozens of times and dozens of different ways but I still keep having to remind folks that it is all about the target demographic and we just aren't it. Older fans have their expectations way too high and until they start thinking like 7 year olds (although a few are already there and not in a good way) they are not going to be satisfied. The few pieces I bought from this line are purely display pieces because of inferior quality (and I still may pick up a few more) and the ones my kids have certainly did not hold up to normal play so as a result they have not gotten any more. The kids got over it quickly and I just chalked it up to a learning experience but I didn't complain about it because I'm not a kid. I'm not SUPPOSED to be the one content or discontent with these toys. For the life of me, I can't figure out why this is so hard for folks to accept .
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby typh0id » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:19 pm

T-Macksimus wrote: I'm not SUPPOSED to be the one content or discontent with these toys. For the life of me, I can't figure out why this is so hard for folks to accept .

Yeah...I just don't see the point in blaming Hasbro (or calling them stupid) for putting out toys I don't like...The key word there is TOY...The adult market for toys is MUCH smaller than the kid market...For completely OBVIOUS reasons...

As I said above, if Hasbro wasn't churning out tons of stuff to appeal mainly to kids and making tons of money off of it, they wouldn't bea able to afford to put out things like Universe and the more adult-appealing stuff because they know that ultimately it isn't going to sell as well...

So as an adult collector, I really don't care WHAT Hasbro puts out as long as they are making enough money to throw some fun stuff my way once in awhile...Sure it would be cool if there was WAY more Universe merch, but I understand why there isn't...And I'm happy for what I've gotten so far and will get in the future...
----------
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 yellow muscle car 201217a"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize CHASE POLICE-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 201217a"
Energize CHASE POL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS + RESCUE CUTTER Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool"
CHIEF CHARLIE BURN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Dinobots Hasbro 2022 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON