This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summ

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summ

Postby Darth Bombshell » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:04 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
<a href="http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/" target="_blank">TVShowsOnDVD.com</a> has posted an interesting piece of news regarding the re-release of the first season of the original Generation 1 cartoon. According to sources, a Wal-Mart.com listing mentions that the first season, including the three episode "More Than Meets The Eye" pilot, is to be released by Vivendi Entertainment, who, according to the news posted, have been pursuing the license.

It should be stressed, however, that this information is highly speculative, especially given that the news contains no information from Vivendi Entertainment themselves that it is true. In the meantime, you can view the information, along with preliminary box art, <a href="http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transformers-Season-1-25th-Anniversary-Ed/11435" target="_blank">here</a>.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summ

Postby Editor » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:11 am

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

This news pleases me.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby rpetras » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:36 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Fortunately I have the full run of TF, is there any word on GI Joe?
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby skyshadowprimus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:17 pm

if this is true then please god let it be WITHOUT those god awful sound effects they added in
skyshadowprimus
Fuzor

Postby First-Aid » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:34 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
rpetras wrote:Fortunately I have the full run of TF, is there any word on GI Joe?

Seconded... :-?
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Is that original art work? I'm so used to seeing the DW stuff when it comes to any G1 releases. I hope we get a new set of TF DVDs. I only have the Rhino ones. I hear they suck, but I have nothing to compare them to. If these have good commentary and other special features on them, I'll buy them.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Rodimus2006 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:00 pm

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I am hoping that this is a digitally remastered relrelease of Generation 1 that will clean up a lot of the animations and errors founded in G1.

Such as they were showing 3 starscreams or miscolored decipticons.

They are remastering DBZ right not into new sets which I am currently collecting so I am hoping they will be made like this.

But if these are just re-releases such as the rhino-box sets were with no updates or any kind of extras in it such as behind the scenes or any kind of extras like that I dont think I will be getting these sets.

Only way I will get them if it is a remastered deal like the way SONY fixed the 1986 cartoon movie up then I will purchase them if they are done good like that was.

Will not get if it is just another box-set with no updates to it.

I grew up with Generation 1 and I would like to see it get a digitally remastered update with updated surround sound 5.1 and in widescreen format.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Solrac333 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:07 pm

Rodimus2006 wrote:I am hoping that this is a digitally remastered relrelease of Generation 1 that will clean up a lot of the animations and errors founded in G1.

They are remastering DBZ right not into new sets which I am currently collecting so I am hoping they will be made like this.

I grew up with Generation 1 and I would like to see it get a digitally remastered update with updated surround sound 5.1 and in widescreen format.

I hope they remaster it and to the surround sound but doing what they did with DBZ and crop the footage into a widescreen format is just wrong. It wasn't animated that way so it should be cropped.

If they do add lots of bonus stuff that would be cool.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Giant Purple Griffin » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Motto: "Beware of my hair!"
Weapon: Photon Lasers
I've got the full set (including the movie). It's Chinese although you can watch the cartoons in English too (phew!). I'm not sure who put it out--the discs are in a booklet of sleeves (covered in techspecs and cool art), inside a blue transformers box, inside a transformers tin, inside a brown transformers box, inside a brown transformers bag! :P
Haslab, please make me.
Giant Purple Griffin
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby ashe5k » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
I'd be more interested in season two. I've had season one since the first time they put it out, but never picked up the second season.
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby dragons » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Fortunately I have the full run of TF, is there any word on GI Joe?

if hasbro gave us the heads up about this year ago they could have had money on this set but is this going to be like other transformers sets that where released before this, give us seasons 1 & 2 and not seasons 3 & 4 or are they actually going all the way this time 1-4.

its shame i have seasons 1-4 how about gijoe like what he said plus the animated movie of gijoe and other igjoe series like sigma 6 i cant thik of any others i know there where more than series
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I hope this is true, I would love to have G1 on an actual DVD. Individual seasons makes it easier for me to buy as well so I don't have to drop a huge stack of cash on a big box set.

*prays*
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Duke of Luns » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:00 pm

I do so hope this is for real. I have a really old bootleg set of G1 taped off TV, so those have tons of syndication cuts, and the quality isn't that great either, so I NEED a better set. Plus I've seen comparsion video of the Rhino sets, and there's no way I want those, they're even MORE error ridden that what aired!.

Of course, considering Transformers made like a bajillion dollars in theatures and "Revenge" will most likely make a bajillion and a half they'd be crazy not to cash in on the Transformer craze.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Bouncy X » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:10 pm

they better not fix the animation errors, thats part of its charm. even back when the show was new i remember me and my friend laughing at all those errors and it was great.

clean up the image fine but dont touch the errors. its funny hearing megatron's voice come out of prime. :P
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby BadFlipKC » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:13 pm

I thought that Hasbro got the rights back just before the first live action movie came out...is it possible that a big remaster has been going this whole time, and now it's just time to find a publisher/distributor?

I hope so, my Rhino's are a weak effort...
BadFlipKC
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4

Postby backpack » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Giant Purple Griffin wrote:I've got the full set (including the movie). It's Chinese although you can watch the cartoons in English too (phew!). I'm not sure who put it out--the discs are in a booklet of sleeves (covered in techspecs and cool art), inside a blue transformers box, inside a transformers tin, inside a brown transformers box, inside a brown transformers bag! :P

I've got the exact same set and I'm quite pleased with it. The only way I'm getting this new set is if it comes remastered with great bonus content.
If not I'll be passing on it.
atom celled...jet propelled
backpack
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Coughler » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 pm

BadFlipKC wrote:I thought that Hasbro got the rights back just before the first live action movie came out...is it possible that a big remaster has been going this whole time, and now it's just time to find a publisher/distributor?

I hope so, my Rhino's are a weak effort...

Weak yes. Crappy/no extras, retarded intro sound effects. But the sets can fetch quite a bit of $ together or individually on ebay and amazon.

So glad i never bought GIJOE im a completist and not having the rest of the series would have made me pyscho like i currently am over the original TMNT series.

But if it were up to me id say screw new releases of G1 sets and start releasing the shows in japan we never got and in ENGLISH not subed or a bunch of guys in their basement doing retarted voice
overs that suck. And im sure one of u will be like Blah blah the cost and time etc etc but but if u look at the wonderfulness of what media blasters has done with releasing voltron and all of its shows. Transformers is wayyyyyyy better than voltron yes i like voltron but not as much as tf. But why does a show where u ask a anyone under the age of 21 never heard of it. Transformers is now "cool" again outside of just toys and the occasional short lived show and is making bajillions of dollars in every product possible. Something is wrong with this picture.
Coughler
Combiner

Postby typh0id » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Exciting indeed...I'm pretty sure they'll be remastered since they talked about it on the movie DVD...(and even showed what it looked like)
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Gandalf » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:38 am

Motto: "Not all those who wander are lost."
Weapon: Sword
Bouncy X wrote:they better not fix the animation errors, thats part of its charm. even back when the show was new i remember me and my friend laughing at all those errors and it was great.

clean up the image fine but dont touch the errors. its funny hearing megatron's voice come out of prime. :P

I agree. Remaster it and make it look good, but don't edit or fix anything.

If this is a good set, I'll definitely get it, as I don't have any other releases.

I very much hope it has interviews with the cast. We've already lost Chris Latta and Scatman Crothers, and I really want to see good interviews with the other main actors soon. This would be the perfect opportunity.
Gandalf
Fuzor

Postby SJ21 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:43 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
backpack wrote:
Giant Purple Griffin wrote:I've got the full set (including the movie). It's Chinese although you can watch the cartoons in English too (phew!). I'm not sure who put it out--the discs are in a booklet of sleeves (covered in techspecs and cool art), inside a blue transformers box, inside a transformers tin, inside a brown transformers box, inside a brown transformers bag! :P

I've got the exact same set and I'm quite pleased with it. The only way I'm getting this new set is if it comes remastered with great bonus content.
If not I'll be passing on it.

I also got that set. I think I got it online for like $60. For all the quality wrapped up in there, that price is a steal. I probably won't buy the new set.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10

Postby TRANS+CRAZY » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:43 am

Really? They're re-releasing the G1 series on DVD, this year?

COOL!!!

Hope it has really sweet extras and that the whole series is digitally remastered.
TRANS+CRAZY
Fuzor
Location: In Michigan... just minutes away from towns you've never heard of before...

Postby Rated X » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:24 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Whats so new about that ? You can still pick up the Rhino Entertainment versions in best buy, I think. I had bought mine in circut city a couple years back but these sets have never been in shortage.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Coughler » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:23 am

TRANS+CRAZY wrote:Really? They're re-releasing the G1 series on DVD, this year?

COOL!!!

Hope it has really sweet extras and that the whole series is digitally remastered.

I have my doubts about there ever being extras that are good on any tf sets. Look at the newer ones? **** all extras. TF the movie is the only thing that had "good" extras. Well good enough considering the movie made no money in theatres and actually gets a 20th anniversary edition.
Coughler
Combiner

Postby typh0id » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Rated X wrote:Whats so new about that ? You can still pick up the Rhino Entertainment versions in best buy, I think. I had bought mine in circut city a couple years back but these sets have never been in shortage.

Lucky for you then...

I haven't seen the episodes on DVD in YEARS...And I'm just excited that they'll be complete seasons and not this "Season 2 Part 48 Part 7" etc...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Coughler » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:28 pm

typh0id wrote:
Rated X wrote:Whats so new about that ? You can still pick up the Rhino Entertainment versions in best buy, I think. I had bought mine in circut city a couple years back but these sets have never been in shortage.

Lucky for you then...

I haven't seen the episodes on DVD in YEARS...And I'm just excited that they'll be complete seasons and not this "Season 2 Part 48 Part 7" etc...

I never once seen in any store any individual volumes from the rhino g1 sets way back when. Maybe they will screw us and have them on blue ray only :lol:
Coughler
Combiner

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOT SHOT Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Dragster Car Hasbro 2020 New"
Rescan HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 yellow muscle car 201217a"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN TWITCH Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN TWITCH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON