This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

All Hail Megatron #8- 5 Page Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

All Hail Megatron #8- 5 Page Preview

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
comicscontinuum.com- The next installment of IDW's ALL HAIL MEGATRON maxi-series is due out Wednesday this coming week which means, it's five-page preview time!

Brought to you by Comics Continuum, the tease for the next issue is included below:

"The Transformers: All Hail Megatron #8 will arrive in stores on March 11 from IDW Publishing. The issue is written by Shane McCarthy, with art by Guido Guidi and covers by Trevor Hutchison and Casey Coller.

Here's how IDW describes the issue:

"The crisis on Cybertron escalates as the Autobots are in a race for their lives against the Swarm! Could this be it? It's a pulse-pounding issue as the identity of the traitor is finally revealed and not all of the Autobots survive the experience. "

The Transformers: All Hail Megatron #8 will be 32 pages and will cost $3.99. "

You can view the image gallery here to see what to expect on Wednesday!

Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: All Hail Megatron #8- 5 Page Preview

Postby Heavy B » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
so there is SOME closeure on the humans...i wonder what happened to the other two?
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby First-Aid » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:03 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
So does anyone else think Ironhide is that traitor?
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Excellion » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:17 am

Didn't Reflector die in Spotlight: Wheelie? Yeah I remember, Viewfinder is killed when their ship crashes and a piece of the bridge goes through him and then later Wheelie kills Spectro and Spyglass by letting the ship blow up. So... how are they alive and well on Earth terrorizing humans?
Excellion

Postby skyshadowprimus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:23 am

Excellion wrote:Didn't Reflector die in Spotlight: Wheelie? Yeah I remember, Viewfinder is killed when their ship crashes and a piece of the bridge goes through him and then later Wheelie kills Spectro and Spyglass by letting the ship blow up. So... how are they alive and well on Earth terrorizing humans?

I think I have the answer

McCarthy wrote:I do wish people will stop all this nitpicking and being confused when dead characters show up and other characters show up reformatted...why do they need an explanation. Its not my fault you read everything previous by IDW and SF....I didnt and it hasnt ruined my perception of Transformers and stopped me writing a story that Pat Lee would be proud of
skyshadowprimus
Fuzor

Postby Excellion » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:45 am

skyshadowprimus wrote:
Excellion wrote:Didn't Reflector die in Spotlight: Wheelie? Yeah I remember, Viewfinder is killed when their ship crashes and a piece of the bridge goes through him and then later Wheelie kills Spectro and Spyglass by letting the ship blow up. So... how are they alive and well on Earth terrorizing humans?

McCarthy wrote:I do wish people will stop all this nitpicking and being confused when dead characters show up and other characters show up reformatted...why do they need an explanation. Its not my fault you read everything previous by IDW and SF....I didnt and it hasnt ruined my perception of Transformers and stopped me writing a story that Pat Lee would be proud of

Nitpicking? Right... (heavy sarcasm intentional)

It's kind of a big deal when characters die in one story arc and then turn up alive and well in another without any sufficient explanation. Marvel get a hard time for bringing 'dead' characters back all the time but they don't just turn up without there being some extensive explanation.

A classic example of this would be Captain America's old sidekick, Bucky Barnes. Thought dead for over 50 years, Marvel brought him back as the Winter Solider, telling us a story of how the Russians found his body, revived him, brainwashed him, trained him, gave him an artificial arm and kept him in stasis between missions to keep him young. Eventually Cap (Steve Rogers) catches up with him, fights him, reminds him of who he is and Bucky redeems himself. And now he's the new Captain America. Awesome.

What do we as Transformer's fans get? Sunstreaker becomes a headmaster... "oh now he's not, it's ok Ratchet reversed a process that took Scorponok years to perfect." Wheelie kills the Reflector trio to save his new friend... "oh that must have been some 'other' Reflector trio."

It's just a bummer that we can't have an ongoing comic which continues to develop. Where characters stay dead (unless there's a cool explanation for their return from the grave) and events in early issues have far reaching consequences. They may as well bring back Nightbeat and Hardhead now.

(by the way, I love all Transformers comics and I'm still going to buy this and read it- I'm just going to imagine AHM as an alternate timeline/dimension in my head)
Excellion

Postby Bass X0 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:25 am

I think Reflector's appearance in Wheelie's Spotlight takes place in the future and that a significant amount of time had passed since Wheelie sent the message that was picked up in Optimus Prime's Spotlight.

Unless Reflector dies in AHM then there isn't really a continuity problem.
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:07 am

Ratchet must be an amazing surgeon in the G1 conitinuity, but apparently he really sucks in the movie continuity because Bumblebee's bio states (for ROTF) that his vocal processor has still not been totally fixed... ;;)

Wha???? His body was half destroyed and yet can be repaired, but his vocal processor is still having problems?

Anyway, yeah, I know that's movie and this is McCarthy G1 different timeline.

First-Aid wrote:So does anyone else think Ironhide is that traitor?

Are you suggesting he's got multiple personalities, or is in terrible denial about what he has done? I think Ironhide is too straightforward for that.

Not sure who it is. Ratchet? Sunstreaker since the Machination had access to his entire head/memories/past etc.?

This is the only payoff AHM will have, they'll extend it out.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Chaoslock » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:48 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
skyshadowprimus wrote:

You know, that would have been a good explanation, if he had gone to write Marvel or DC comics, where some series has 500+ issues, but it isn't true that this idiot Shame McCarthy can't read the 40-50 issues of the IDW tfs and THEN start to write. :evil:
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby MYoung23 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:56 am

tigertracks 24 wrote:Ratchet must be an amazing surgeon in the G1 conitinuity, but apparently he really sucks in the movie continuity because Bumblebee's bio states (for ROTF) that his vocal processor has still not been totally fixed... ;;)

Wha???? His body was half destroyed and yet can be repaired, but his vocal processor is still having problems?

In ROTF: Alliance #2 Bumblebee gets blasted by Starscream again.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Black Bumblebee » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:02 am

Spotlight Wheelie takes place in the far future. So... there's no problem here.

AHM is set one year after the previous storyline. As such, there are lots of things (like what happened to the pesky humans) that really, honestly, wouldn't be an "issue" one year later, especially considering they've got bigger problems on their hands.

McCarthy is doing a fine job, in my opinion. Comparing him to Pat "I'm going to take your work and not pay you" Lee is quite uncalled for.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby skyshadowprimus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:05 am

Bass X0 wrote:I think Reflector's appearance in Wheelie's Spotlight takes place in the future and that a significant amount of time had passed since Wheelie sent the message that was picked up in Optimus Prime's Spotlight.

Care to explain how.

Wheelies message that he sent was picked up in SL Optimus Prime which takes place prior to AHM. The only explanation is that this is a different message Prime rcvd, but given how each of the messages we see ties into the Spotlights then its hard to accept
skyshadowprimus
Fuzor

Postby First-Aid » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:47 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
The reason Ironhide is kind of suspect for me is the fact that the writers tend to try and pull stunners every once in a while. Ironhide would be in perfect position to do what the traitor did and is so trustworthy that the others wouldn't believe it even with the truth staring them in the face. His denial could come from his guilt at Prime's condition or simple denial of what he did to his comrades. One other possibility: with the appearance of Bombshell has anyone put any thought to his ability to control other bots through his cerebroshells? Could the traitor have been controlled and not known what he was doing?

Of course this is all just speculation on my part. I also am kinda suspecting Drift...but he wasn't in the fight during the Great Revelation. I'm curious to hear other ideas...I like the mystery involved in this series.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Windsweeper » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:15 am

Everyone has a go at McCarthy for ignoring comtinuity but Furman did the same thing with his own stuff years ago.

Brought Unicron to Cybertron 15 years early and disregarded years of his own future and Earthforce stories.

Dreamwave did the same thing. Wheeljack dies and comes back in War and Peace.

One flashback in the original story has Kickback and Blitzwing appear. Then War and Peace suggests Blitzwing had never been to earth before arriving as one of Shockwave's enforcers.

I've enjoyed the one or two issues of AHM that I read more than most of the IDW stuff. Stormbringer was hollow. Spotlight Mirage, Ramjet and Blaster were awful.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:55 pm

skyshadowprimus wrote:
Bass X0 wrote:I think Reflector's appearance in Wheelie's Spotlight takes place in the future and that a significant amount of time had passed since Wheelie sent the message that was picked up in Optimus Prime's Spotlight.

Care to explain how.

Wheelies message that he sent was picked up in SL Optimus Prime which takes place prior to AHM. The only explanation is that this is a different message Prime rcvd, but given how each of the messages we see ties into the Spotlights then its hard to accept

It would appear that one hell of alot of time passes from when Wheelie sends out his distress signal to the point where he finds the remaining components of Reflector.

With McCarthy now deciding to put more emphasis on the traitor aspect of AHM (why so late in the game I'll never understand) it's seems he is going to milk it for all it is worth, and I fully expect the conclusion to be a whimper, rather than a bang.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby MYoung23 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 pm

I re-read Spotlight: Wheelie and Metacycles pass while he is on that planet making it a long time after his original message to Prime.

If anyone knows what a Metacycle is in Earth time it would be appreciated.
Last edited by MYoung23 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr

Postby Calvatron » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:56 am

skyshadowprimus wrote:

I was just wondering where this quote was taken from and if it was edited/shortened. This seems to be the exact opposite of everything i've heard from McCarthy. Not that i've taken to the time to read everything he's said, but he has said several times that he's read all of Idw's TF run, and that many of the 'continuity' issues would get explanations (however shallow and unsatisfactory).
Calvatron
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:00 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Calvatron wrote:
skyshadowprimus wrote:

I was just wondering where this quote was taken from and if it was edited/shortened. This seems to be the exact opposite of everything i've heard from McCarthy. Not that i've taken to the time to read everything he's said, but he has said several times that he's read all of Idw's TF run, and that many of the 'continuity' issues would get explanations (however shallow and unsatisfactory).

That's the whole point of that quote, it's the exact opposite of what he said as what he said is the exact opposite of what we get from reading his comics.
And the thing with Spotlight Wheely being in the future, that was an after thought to cover the plot holes resolting of McChartney knowing **** about the idw TF verse. I'm just glad that with the release of AHM and Max Dinos I won't have to bother with any of idw's crap any longer. McChartney really ruined it all for me.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby MYoung23 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:32 am

Dead Metal wrote:
Calvatron wrote:
skyshadowprimus wrote:

That's the whole point of that quote, it's the exact opposite of what he said as what he said is the exact opposite of what we get from reading his comics.
And the thing with Spotlight Wheely being in the future, that was an after thought to cover the plot holes resolting of McChartney knowing **** about the idw TF verse. I'm just glad that with the release of AHM and Max Dinos I won't have to bother with any of idw's crap any longer. McChartney really ruined it all for me.

Spotlight: Wheelie says it is in way in the future according to Wheelie's inner monologue in the issue.

MYoung23
Headmaster Jr

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:50 am

Perhaps Wheelie can't count, or because of the place he is at and the time he has been there, does not know how much actual time has passed.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby skyshadowprimus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Dead Metal wrote:
Calvatron wrote:
skyshadowprimus wrote:

The quote was pure sarcasm and not based on anything he said, I didnt expect anyone to assume it was genuine.

It was done because Pat Lee Mk2 has not done anything to address the errors he has created with the franchise.

In relation to suggestions Simon Furman did the same, this was 20 years ago before the days of internet communications and the stories were as seperate as they could be. As for his own work, yes thats true he did contradict himself, none more evident that the Earthforce stories, but on the whole, Furman would keep a general plot theme going and bring back characters every so often that wouldnt mesh with a prior story.

Pat Lee Mk2 has thrown the whole setting away and has changed just about everything that was going on, there is little to nothing that would show AHM is from the same company let alone the same continuity bracket as the "ion" series as nothing seems to follows on.

Its the same as me picking up Marvel 80 and then DW Vol 1 and wondering why nothing makes sense
skyshadowprimus
Fuzor

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:06 pm

MYoung23 wrote:
Spotlight: Wheelie says it is in way in the future according to Wheelie's inner monologue in the issue.

Go back to page one, look at the scenery what is it? Cybertron during the grate war, still OKish looking and not dead. So yes He was sent during the grate war and thus the present is the future from his perspective.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby MYoung23 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:26 pm

Aha, but in Spotlight: Optimus Prime Wheelie is on screen sending a message to Prime while Prime was on Earth.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:02 pm

MYoung23 wrote:Aha, but in Spotlight: Optimus Prime Wheelie is on screen sending a message to Prime while Prime was on Earth.

And so we return to the first few pages of the story. Wheely mentions that he travelled far from Cybertron, his navigation system crashed, he managed to steer his ship to a planet and crashed on there. Then we get to the page you posted, which tells us that he spent a lot of time sending messages to distant stars, he's still doing so while the ship with the Reflector bros crashes.
So what if he sent a message during Spotlight Prime? All it states is that one of his messages reaches Prime, just because itS' the first we ever see dosen't mean it's the first he sent, plus I expect such messages to take quite log to reach earth.
So far there is more evidence supporting that Spotlight Wheely is set during the tion series. As it was written prior to AHM and we only learnt it was set in the future as the editor was questioned because of jet another continuity error in AHM.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:35 am

tigertracks 24 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:So does anyone else think Ironhide is that traitor?

Are you suggesting he's got multiple personalities, or is in terrible denial about what he has done? I think Ironhide is too straightforward for that.

Not sure who it is. Ratchet? Sunstreaker since the Machination had access to his entire head/memories/past etc.?

This is the only payoff AHM will have, they'll extend it out.

I like being right once and awhile. Lucky guess...
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON