This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro looking for Costumed TF fans from SDCC

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Hasbro looking for Costumed TF fans from SDCC

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:37 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Hey everyone,

Seibertron.com received the following message from Hasbro's PR firm, Hunter PR. They're looking for a couple of fans that appeared at San Diego Comic Con last year. If you know how we can get a hold of them, please reply to this post so that we can forward your information along to Hasbro.

Hello,

I’m reaching out to you – the Transformers fan and collectors community – on behalf of Hasbro’s Transformers brand team in hope that you may be able to assist with a somewhat unusual request.

At this past year’s Comic-Con in San Diego, there were two costumed fans in attendance dressed in homemade Transformers movie character costumes – Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. We would like to contact these individuals re: the upcoming ‘09 BotCon in Pasadena. Without knowing their names, we’re obviously having trouble reaching these two fans. And while I know there were many costumed Transformers fans in attendance, I’m told that these two individuals really stuck out, because each of these movie character costumes were very, very good – including metals components, etc.

Would you happen to know either of these fans? If so, please share their name and/or contact info.

Thanks much!
Joe Moscone
Hunter PR
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Hasbro looking for Costumed TF fans from SDCC

Postby Hard Hacker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:19 am

This is the first time I've ever heard of cosplaying being a DESIRED thing.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby --B-- » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:21 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
It's a shame they couldn't provide a picture to help.

They probably want to sue them :P J/K they seem to want to invite them to Botcon, that would be great for them.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby dragons » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:52 am

Last edited by dragons on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby zero-kaiser » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:55 am

Motto: ""High tech circuitry is no replacement for guts!!""
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I wonder if they mean these two...

If so... apparently the guy in the Bumblebee costume can be found here..

Unfortunatley I have no idea who the guy in the Optimus costume is... :|

If Hunter PR/Joe Moscone is keeping an eye on this I hope its been of some help!!
zero-kaiser
Pretender
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby eldritch » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Noooo! I must contact him first, before he has some sort of life time job slaving away to industrialize his suits, so I can get a Jetfire suit made on commission if I can ever figure out if he takes commissions. But, since I still haven't gotten a reply, I think that means no. D:
What's the point of these silly signature things?
eldritch
Mini-Con

Postby Supreme Convoy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm

These guys rocked!
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby LionBoogy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:18 pm

WHAT THE!!!

THAT's MEEEE!!! Holy crap!

Yes, that really is me as the Bumblebee back from SDCC 2008. I was also the same BB (upgraded) for Wondercon 2009.

Pictures shown here:
SDCC 2008: Image

Wondercon 2009: Image

Thanks for putting out the notice! I'll contact them shortly. They're getting a LOT MORE than just BB, that's for sure. :)

I don't know who the Optimus is, but for sure they're going to get new Bumblebee, new Ironhide, G1 Jazz, Frenzy, and GRIMLOCK in G1 Dinosaur form.

- Lionel Lum
LionBoogy
Mini-Con

Postby LionBoogy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Oh I forgot to mention that ironically, WE were going to contact THEM! To ask if we could use their booth space for SDCC 2009 to help bring in the fans. So it's quite a pleasant surprise for them to ask us to be at Bot-con since we plan to be there anyway. :)

I'll tell you this, we're going to be really big and really awesome and when it comes to GRIMLOCK, REALLY LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. Just you wait! hahah

- Lionel Lum
LionBoogy
Mini-Con

Postby Bumblebeast » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:36 pm

That looks awesome. Congratulations for your dedication and skills !
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon

Postby Highbeam » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Motto: "Do what you love and do it well."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
LionBoogy wrote:I don't know who the Optimus is, but for sure they're going to get new Bumblebee, new Ironhide, G1 Jazz, Frenzy, and GRIMLOCK in G1 Dinosaur form.

- Lionel Lum

Now THAT I can't wait to see :grin: You guys made the best TF cosplays ever! I never saw the Frenzy until now; that's amazing :D
Saber Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
  • 24. ~S.U.V. - Society of Ultimate Villainy*

~ And all this time I thought S.U.V. stood for Sports Utillity Vehicle.
Highbeam
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Jeep Cherokee
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Tatsu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Seibertron wrote:Hey everyone,

Seibertron.com received the following message from Hasbro's PR firm, Hunter PR. They're looking for a couple of fans that appeared at San Diego Comic Con last year. If you know how we can get a hold of them, please reply to this post so that we can forward your information along to Hasbro.

Hello,

I’m reaching out to you – the Transformers fan and collectors community – on behalf of Hasbro’s Transformers brand team in hope that you may be able to assist with a somewhat unusual request.

At this past year’s Comic-Con in San Diego, there were two costumed fans in attendance dressed in homemade Transformers movie character costumes – Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. We would like to contact these individuals re: the upcoming ‘09 BotCon in Pasadena. Without knowing their names, we’re obviously having trouble reaching these two fans. And while I know there were many costumed Transformers fans in attendance, I’m told that these two individuals really stuck out, because each of these movie character costumes were very, very good – including metals components, etc.

Would you happen to know either of these fans? If so, please share their name and/or contact info.

Thanks much!
Joe Moscone
Hunter PR

I've tried PMing you and some other webmasters as well with no results. I met with the Optimus Prime costumer last week and he knew nothing about this. I have his phone number and now i'm trying to contact this Joe Moscone from Hasbro so I can put them in touch with enough time to set this Botcon thing up. Please PM me so I can put the two parties in contact with each other.
Tatsu
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON