This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASBRO Answers Seibertron's Questions

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

HASBRO Answers Seibertron's Questions

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:25 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hasbro- The first question submissions for 2009 have been answered. Seems we get a repeat answer when we asked a question related to one of our previously submitted questions, and a very frank answer to one for you movie line collectors!

"1.) Can we expect more store exclusive Generation 1 repaints of movie figures like the new Corvette Sideswipe into Generation 1 colors? Any hints to drop for us on which characters will receive Generation 1 style repaints (Devastator?). Can we expect premium style repaints with the ROTF line of figures as well?

-Whenever we redeco a figure for a store exclusive, one of our first inclinations is to go back and see if there is a way to bring the figure closer to a classic character, especially if it apears unlikely that the figure will be released in those colors otherwise. With Revenge of the Fallen, there are quite a few characters to choose from that have some fairly obvious alternative color schemes that are on our short list of potential items. Premium items are also on the short list because we are are sometimes able to offer a higher number of paint applications on figures if they are offered as store exclusives. While we can't provide exact details on any upcoming G1-based or Premium figures, rest assured that we will be making them whenever they make sense.

2.) Recent confusion with IDW's and HASBRO's answers gives us conflicting information. Will IDW's character Drift be getting his own toy, or not? Would it be a part of UNIVERSE or some other special line? How about other comic original characters getting toys like Impactor or Jhiaxus, which are not repaints? In the back of the Transformers Spotlight Vol 2 Graphic Novel, there is a great design for Nova Prime, which could be made as a toy, any chance of it being made?

-Every year as we develop our toy line, we try to fit in characters that make sense for the brand. With that said, every character, new and old, are always up for disussion. We certainly would love to make a toy after IDW's Drift and will do our best ot fit him into the line at the right time.

3.) Will there be toys of these new Season 3 TF: Animated Characters? What of the rumor that Season 3 is the last season of Animated? Any hints on what is the next on tap after the ROTF line is done, with the supposed end to Transformers Animated?

-There will be new toys of season 3 characters throughout 2009. Unfortunately, we cannot speak to any rumors regarding the animated series at this time."

There you have it, answers to some of our very important questions. Sorry if yours was not submitted this time. Please be sure to re-submit a new question the next time we have the opportunity.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: HASBRO Answers Seibertron's Questions

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Allspark's Q/A Answers For Round 1 2009

-no more Universe deluxes this year past Ratchet!

1) - The press release posted on Hasbro.com just prior to Toy Fair indicated that there would be 10 Deluxe figures for Universe in 2009. 8 of those figures have been made public (Cheetor, Cyclonus, Hound, Starscream, Dinobot, Smokescreen, Hot Shot and Ratchet), leaving 2 unknown figures. Is there any chance that you can elaborate what these two figures are, or if one of them will be Red Alert, similar to Takara Tomy's release schedule with Henkei?

Hasbro: Unfortunately, the press release prior to Toy Fair regarding Universe Deluxe was incorrect. For 2009, there will only be 8 Deluxe figures (Cheetor, Cyclonus, Hound, Starscream, Dinobot, Smokescreen, Hot Shot and Ratchet).
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Nekoman » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:54 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
tigertracks 24 wrote:Allspark's Q/A Answers For Round 1 2009

1) - The press release posted on Hasbro.com just prior to Toy Fair indicated that there would be 10 Deluxe figures for Universe in 2009. 8 of those figures have been made public (Cheetor, Cyclonus, Hound, Starscream, Dinobot, Smokescreen, Hot Shot and Ratchet), leaving 2 unknown figures. Is there any chance that you can elaborate what these two figures are, or if one of them will be Red Alert, similar to Takara Tomy's release schedule with Henkei?

Hasbro: Unfortunately, the press release prior to Toy Fair regarding Universe Deluxe was incorrect. For 2009, there will only be 8 Deluxe figures (Cheetor, Cyclonus, Hound, Starscream, Dinobot, Smokescreen, Hot Shot and Ratchet).

Man, that's pretty much the worst news I've heard all week. Or month, or year, or...

Bah, that sucks. :|
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby dragons » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:00 pm

they could have answerd the queestion about movie devastator if theres going to be another version of a proper version of him combine mode, seperate bot modes, & verhcail modes, the one that will be out now is nothing but cheap rip off 99.99 for that thing are they getting price ideas off of ebay or seomthing
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Barrelass » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Henkei Red Alert here I come.
Barrelass
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby mattyc1007 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
oh crap!

just baught henkei inferno for £40
and now buying henkei cyclonus, hound, hot shot, ratchet,
ironhide, megatron and skyfire. this is going to be an
expensive year, thanks hasbro for making my mind up!

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Action Figure Insider's 2009 Round 1 Q's

Q1) Can we expect to see Universe Classics Jazz, Soundwave and especially Wheeljack? TFUC seems like the perfect line to debut a true Wheeljack figure since he hasn’t really been given the proper treatment since G1. It also seems like a tease getting Ravage with Hound without a Soundwave out there!

A1) These are three of the names that keep poping up on our radar. Soundwave is difficult because we can’t make his alt mode a cassette player - kids today just wouldn’t even know what that is. I can tell you that he is being discussed for future release but nothing is definite at this time. Jazz is a favorite as well but nothing has been discussed as of now. Wheeljack on the other hand, has been discussed more in-depth and we’re excited about prospects for his appearance in the near future.

-This is the first time they have ever basically talked about specific characters!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Please give us Animated Hot Rod. Glad to hear that ROTF toys will be getting G1 colors. Sideswipe would look so much better in red.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Barrelass » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:44 pm

As far as Soundwave goes, maybe I am just out of it (don't have any kids myself), but kids today still know what a radio is. Yea cassettes may be a little outdated, but we still have radios. And I highly doubt kids would think "what's this foreign object that I am putting in my radio", and even if they really really don't know what a cassette tape is, will they really be that opposed to little square boxes that combine with their radio? For christ sakes, you gave us ravage already, it's not like the tapes would be major figures in the line, and I honestly don't think you would have that big of a problem selling a radio as a character, especially when he was one of the characters that their dad (who is probably making the purchase) grew up with, and a popular character at that. But I could be wrong. Can't be any worse than a three headed dragon or some of the other things they have slapped together in the last year.
Barrelass
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby schmungbeen » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Dang it, I want my classics blitzwing! (I know that wasnt in the questions or answers, but I still want it) :D
schmungbeen
Mini-Con

Postby Omega Charge » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:44 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Looks like we have a very good chance of getting a Wheeljack when Universe returns. Also, Premiums are possible? Sigh.

EDIT - Wheeljack in the "near future", eh? Probably an Animated version.
Last edited by Omega Charge on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby ayenlou » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I just want my Rodimus Prime and Dai Atlas... That's all I want....
ayenlou
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4

Postby Scaleface » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Barrelass wrote:As far as Soundwave goes, maybe I am just out of it (don't have any kids myself), but kids today still know what a radio is. Yea cassettes may be a little outdated, but we still have radios. And I highly doubt kids would think "what's this foreign object that I am putting in my radio", and even if they really really don't know what a cassette tape is, will they really be that opposed to little square boxes that combine with their radio? For christ sakes, you gave us ravage already, it's not like the tapes would be major figures in the line, and I honestly don't think you would have that big of a problem selling a radio as a character, especially when he was one of the characters that their dad (who is probably making the purchase) grew up with, and a popular character at that. But I could be wrong. Can't be any worse than a three headed dragon or some of the other things they have slapped together in the last year.

You have it completely wrong. You see they made a toy of Ravage for Universe, so they must think kids know what a cassette is, but they won't make Soundwave because these kids won't recognize the strange alien device that plays the cassettes! Righto. Yet somehow biplanes to alien spaceships, because kids see those every day in real life.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Please give us Animated Hot Rod.

They cannot give us an Animated "Hot Rod" because they lost the rights to that name.

Besides, there is no "Hot Rod" in Animated. There is a "Hot Shot" and a "Rodimus Prime", but no "Hot Rod".
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Archatron » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Scaleface wrote:
Barrelass wrote:As far as Soundwave goes, maybe I am just out of it (don't have any kids myself), but kids today still know what a radio is. Yea cassettes may be a little outdated, but we still have radios. And I highly doubt kids would think "what's this foreign object that I am putting in my radio", and even if they really really don't know what a cassette tape is, will they really be that opposed to little square boxes that combine with their radio? For christ sakes, you gave us ravage already, it's not like the tapes would be major figures in the line, and I honestly don't think you would have that big of a problem selling a radio as a character, especially when he was one of the characters that their dad (who is probably making the purchase) grew up with, and a popular character at that. But I could be wrong. Can't be any worse than a three headed dragon or some of the other things they have slapped together in the last year.

My point exactly. If they made a CASSETTE, why not make a Soundwave that's a CASSETTE PLAYER? Their answer to this defeats their own logic. #-o

You have it completely wrong. You see they made a toy of Ravage for Universe, so they must think kids know what a cassette is, but they won't make Soundwave because these kids won't recognize the strange alien device that plays the cassettes! Righto. Yet somehow biplanes to alien spaceships, because kids see those every day in real life.
Archatron
Combiner
News Credits: 9

Postby Quaternion » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:22 pm

Weapon: Dual Impact Maces
While we can't provide exact details on any upcoming G1-based or Premium figures, rest assured that we will be making them whenever they make sense.

Read as:
We aren't going to tell you because we want to rip you off.

Premium never makes sense. There should be no such thing as premium. That is, the figures should be premium to begin with. I don't have anything against recolors, but if you are going to do a "premium" recolor, it should have been the original toy. I'm going to bet that they are going to do premium of most of the main characters so I just won't buy them till later. After all, they will still be warming shelves two years later just as the first movie figures are now.
Quaternion
Fuzor
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10

Postby MagnusPrimal » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:38 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:Allspark's Q/A Answers For Round 1 2009

Boo! :(

However, the possibility of Wheeljack, Jazz, and Soundwave in the future?

Yay! :D
MagnusPrimal
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3

Postby Primus_feather » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 pm

"
There will be new toys of season 3 characters throughout 2009.
Unfortunately, we cannot speak to any rumors regarding the animated series at this time."

And with that it sounds like Animated will NOT stop selling as soon as ROTF hits stores... YES!!!
Primus_feather
Fuzor

Postby Brazilian » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:20 pm

This Q&A session was totally unuseful, they didnt give any actual info. That was like:

Q: _ Are we getting G1 repaints and premiuns on ROTF toys?

A: _ Perhaps.

Q: _ How about the Drift toy?

A: _ We will think about.

Q: _ Is season 3 TFA the final?

A: _ We can't say.
Brazilian
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6

Postby Stormrider » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
As much as I appreciate these Q&A's, I feel that Hasbro isn't revealing anything new. It's kind of turning into a song and dance "Sure we would like to do it", "It's on our list", "We can't discuss that right now".

Regarding the movie repaints - I am starting to get the feeling that the characters in the movie are dilebrately a different color than their G1 counterparts, just so that Hasbro can release a G1 repaint version later. Am I being too cynical? :|
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Mkall » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:43 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Stormrider wrote:Regarding the movie repaints - I am starting to get the feeling that the characters in the movie are dilebrately a different color than their G1 counterparts, just so that Hasbro can release a G1 repaint version later. Am I being too cynical? :|

No, that sounds about right.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby shortround » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 pm

Well I won't be getting much in the way of transformers from hasbro untill 2010 but oh well it gives me chance to collect some of the encore figures I missed out on. Hasbro should really have thought about continuing the universe line along side the movie line since there aren't that many universe figures in a wave anyway, but oh well what can you do hasbro does what does and nothing fans say will change there minds.
Serpentor "I am the one born to rule and destined to conquer. Let those who fear me, follow me. Let those who oppose me, die."
shortround
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby DavidT » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
I don't even think Hasbro knows what they are doing... thats why we can't get any straight answers.

Also, I was under the impression that the Classics line was directed more towards G1 and/or older collectors. If thats the case, then Soundwave would make perfect sense to be a tape player. Thats whats he was in G1 and older collectors would know what a tape player is. (Actually I think everybody, even little kids know what a tape player is)

Animated is directed towards young kids and they got their Soundwave, as an SUV. No problem, thats fine with me, now give us a Classics Soundwave tape player dang it....

.... and we already got Classics Ravage as a cassette, so Hasbro, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:28 am

TFW2005's Round 1 2009 Q/A

1) Any plans for a 10th Anniversary line to celebrate ROBOTS IN DISGUISE, either repaints or reissues using ROBOTS IN DISGUISE figures? There is not a plan to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of RID at this time due to the many big events that are planned for the brand over the next few years. With that said, we will continue to look for opportunities to reoffer any great product lines from our past.

2) Will we see American versions of the Masterpiece Grimlock, Thundercracker, and Skywarp figures? We feel that the Masterpiece Series is a great offering that captures the timelessness of our brand for all fans of Transformers. As we continue to move forward with the brand we will look for the right opportunities to release these figures. With that said, I would certainly keep your eyes on the look out for one of these in the near future!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Forgotten » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:12 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
I want Animated Constructicons and Omega Supreme. Of course I want them released with Soundblaster/Ratbat combo. That Is All. :P
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAWN Transformers Studio Series 80 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
BRAWN Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON