This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

You can help IDW make it to #3

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

You can help IDW make it to #3

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:37 pm

IDW Publishing's Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall has posted the February Comic Market Share results on his blog RyallTime.

These results show how close IDW is from attaining the #3 position in the Comic market, less than a quarter of a percent behind Dark Horse Comics.

You can help, of course by making sure to snatch up your copy of this week's release of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie prequel: Defiance #3, or any of the other IDW titles due out this week (including G.I.Joe), as well as next week's offerings, including:
- All Hail Megatron #9, and
- Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Alliance #4

To make IDW the #3 Market Share holder for the month of March.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: You can help IDW make it to #3

Postby cybercat » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Ummm, why do I want to make IDW #3?

(Wince) That sounds mean of me! I guess what I'm trying to ask is not 'what's in it for *me*?' because that would be mercenary and selfish (and I'm all about trying to bestow some good karma); what I mean is 'what happens if IDW gets #3 of market share?' How is that good for *them*? Why do they care?

In TV, when a channel captures a certain chunk of market share, they celebrate because then they can turn around and pimp themselves out to advertisers--see, we deliver X demographic every time, and if you place your ad with us, you will be getting the most of X demo as possible... Comics demographics are normally perceived by advertisers to be white, male, blue collar, and 18-40. (That's like, so not me). Is IDW gonna use this to enrich themselves by selling that demographic to advertisers? Is THAT what they want? Do I want to abet that?

HK, gonna buy 'em anyway. But for the record, looking at Dead Behind The Eyes Eliza Dushku in the ads? Totally doesn't work on THIS demographic.
cybercat
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby cheeser82 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm guessing it might be just so they can say they made it to #3. :)

I've never bought a TF comic, from IDW or anyone else. Might have to get one now. :D
cheeser82
Micromaster

Postby Supreme Convoy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Wow, I didn't realize that Image was behind Dark Horse and IDW... that's crazy!

I'll for sure pick up IDW's new GI Joe: Cobra mini-series.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby ponycorn » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:25 pm

I read nothing but TF and Gi Joe anymore - representing IDW.

Still pickup Ghostbusters too, thoughI'm behind in reading that.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:52 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
First idw should take AHM out of continuity and let Simon finish the stuff he wanted to do with the idw verse and then I'm all for them becoming #3 but if they don't do that they're not seeing one penny from me any longer.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby cybercat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:47 pm

cheeser82 wrote:I'm guessing it might be just so they can say they made it to #3. :)

It's adorable how naive you are. Really. Now, if it's about bragging rights, what's the thrill in #3? Why not shoot for number one? We are the champions!

"We're number three! We're number three!" just doesn't that certain, as the French say, je ne sais quoi.

EVERYTHING is a business. Especially with TF, which exist more or less in DESPITE of businesses (and because of fans) than anything else. Think of how many times Hasbro (I hate them with a loathing normally reserved for drug dealers) has intervened to either exert needless and stupid creative control (like 8 bajillion retreads of Beast Wars like transmetal figures) or killed a series while they thought it was still at the top of its property. Seriously, who do you think killed TFA? Could it be....Satan? Nope. Just Hasbro, I'm guessing. Business decision.

And how could you forget the hubris that took down Dreamwave?

Yeah, they just wanna be number three because it's their lucky number. Riiiiiight.

HK, 'it's not personal, it's *business*' Yes, I am quoting the Prophecy movies. If you don't agree with me, you can at least be in awe of my cultural *relevance*. Or not.
cybercat
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOT SHOT Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Dragster Car Hasbro 2020 New"
Rescan HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON