This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

ROTF Megatron,Skids,Chromia in package!!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

ROTF Megatron,Skids,Chromia in package!!!

Postby s250 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:52 am

s250
Minibot
News Credits: 108

Re: ROTF Megatron,Skids,Chromia in package!!!

Postby Mkall » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:04 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Thanks for the heads up s250!

Looks like we got another wheelformer.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:18 am

Does this suggest that these figures will be part of the first wave?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Chaoslock » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:32 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I'm awaiting the kitbashes of these, Megatron would make perfect BM Tankor, and Chromia would make a good Thrust.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 am

I'm willing to wager that when this stuff gets released, the stores will have such a mountain of toys stocked up that waves 1 and 2 will come pouring out in one huge blurr. Many areas had already recieved wave 2 during the first Movies go-around of toys by the time wave 1 was due to release. "Opening day" for the movie toys was a collectors dream and nightmare rolled into one. I drove 20 miles out of my way to get the Protoform releases when they came out and 35 miles to get my first regular movie toy. And I've got a Wal-Mart that's a fifteen minute walk from my house. I'm anticipating the same wave-mix and chaos for this round of toys too. Thankfully, Wal-Mart is open 24 hrs. and the stock team knows me.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby DMSL » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Ugh another wheelformer, i'll pass those just look horrid and how on earth can you pose them?
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:43 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Well, it looks like Chromia and Arcee are, in fact, two totally different characters. There's nothing on her card that mentions anything about combining (from what I can tell.) Something of that nature is usually a selling point, so....
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby typh0id » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:59 am

I'm going to buy Megatron and then be really pissed when the shiney Premium one comes out in a year...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Doubledealer93 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:09 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
oh thank god that thing on chromia is detachable, it looked like a motorcycle mixed with a mini tank. it looks like crap with it on. and why does skids and mudflaps faces look like a pile of crap :sad: no five year old in their right mind would buy them, but i will :P 8-}

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby syphonn » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:32 am

Weapon: Gattling Gun
They're getting really lazy with the transformations, Megatron is in the fetal position with one hand behind is back ... its like Optimal Optimus all over again
District 9, what Transformers could have been ...
syphonn
Vehicon
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Bumblebeast » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:01 pm

What the hell is wrong with the designers ?

None of them is a complete bot. Skids lacks a decent head. Megatron lacks an arm. Chromia lacks feet FFS.

It's like they decided to remake The Wizard of Oz, and send them all to the Fallen in order to get the parts they lack, only to realize that they didn't need them all the way.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:01 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I don't like these.

I don't think I'm going to be able to support this toy line.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby Solrac333 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Not feeling these. Megatron is a maybe, Chromia is a meh, and Skids is a hell no.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:43 pm

We should be thankful for these! If the prequel comic is any indication, we are going to, at some point soon, be blessed with the ever elusive "ice cream" truck as an Autobot. I'm already staking out my spot on a fairly clean brick wall so I'll have plenty of space to beat my head against it.
If this new movie is supposed to be so much darker than the first, why do I get the feeling that I will be laughing my way through 2+ hours of an obviously one-sided slaughterfest.

While I support the designers as far as making the toys look less humanoid (after all, they are alien robots and the arrogant 1950's mentality that aliens should look like us is just absurd) I am having a hard time with what the writers are giving us in the way of Autobot troops in general. The 'Bots biggest warrior is an aged stealth jet with rear facing guns. Almost every other Autobots most outstanding feature is awsome gas mileage. The fate of the planet is in the hands of motor-cycles, sub-compacts, a soft-serve wagon in desperate need of a bath, an R/C truck and a '94 Peterbilt. Earth is soooo screwed!
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Firebird » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
I think Sideswipe and Prime might be the only things I buy from the new toyline. I honestly don't want these.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby OmarJT82 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm I bit confused about Chromia :?

In the Wal-Mart promo video for ROTF and according to Wikipedia, Arcee is a combination of 3 bikes, one pink, one purple, one blue. If the blue one is indeed Chromia (an individual character), then the pink one could be Elita-One and the purple one could be Arcee herself and all 3 fembots can combine into a larger robot like the Constructicons do when combining to form Devastator.
OmarJT82
Headmaster Jr

Postby DavidT » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
Megatron looks badass except for his mini-arm. Reminds me of the butler in Scary Movie 2 :grin:

"Let me use my strong hand!"

CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
So that would be the fail wave im guessing. I love bikeformers but im going to pass on that one. Looks way to simple (and not in a good way) and just looks like crap. At least Thrust had hidden feet. I said it from the start the theme of this movie is wheeled feet.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 8
Courage: 10

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:22 pm

OmarJT82 wrote:I'm I bit confused about Chromia :?

In the Wal-Mart promo video for ROTF and according to Wikipedia, Arcee is a combination of 3 bikes, one pink, one purple, one blue. If the blue one is indeed Chromia (an individual character), then the pink one could be Elita-One and the purple one could be Arcee herself and all 3 fembots can combine into a larger robot like the Constructicons do when combining to form Devastator.

Wiki isn't to be trusted and unless the Wal-Mart promo actually showed the 3 of them combined AND seperate (which I haven't seen the vid. so I have no clue as to it's content) I'm kind of wondering about whether we actually will have our bike combiner. With the stand that comes with Chromia, I could see a 2nd stand working well as feet for a larger bot but that would leave the 3rd motorcycle having to be bigger than Dlx class Arcee from the first Movies toyline and that would look lame next to the other 2 bikes. I think they should have released all 3 bikes at once in a set but then they would have had less chance of raping our wallets if they had done that.
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Maximus_Blade » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:44 pm

To me this is the transformer side show. This toy line is plain ugly so far. I'm thankful to be able to rest my wallet.
Maximus_Blade
Minibot

Postby rpetras » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:18 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
So far I like the Leader class stuff, even wonky-arms Megatron.

I'm hoping the bike-bots combine, That may make me interested. If they are just doing the wheeled warrior thing I may be skipping them.

I like the Vette, and even the BB with the pop out guns, but I'm not digging the fugly brothers.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 pm

T-Macksimus wrote:With the stand that comes with Chromia, I could see a 2nd stand working well as feet for a larger bot but that would leave the 3rd motorcycle having to be bigger than Dlx class Arcee

Not necessarily. Given the bizarre articulation we've seen in Chromia, I'd expect their merging to be completely unique, and involve a lot more 'mixing' together than you see in most of the TF gestalts - more like the Beast Wars gestalts than the Scramble Cityor Energon Gestalts, or even the RID Build Team.

Actually, the three RID locomotives were all approximately the same size, right? And yet they made a decent combined form.

Counterpunch wrote:I don't think I'm going to be able to support this toy line.

Some of the Decepticons (for whom I don't mind a sort of deformed look) like Rampage may win me over, but I may also get the bikes if they're in the same size range as TF1 Arcee and TFA Prowl (i.e. roughly GIJoe sized).

I've been generally surprised that so few of the scout class figures have caught my fancy. The armored Red Bull truck and the funky futuristic car just come off as too Happy Meal. The biplane (uniqueness & historical interest), the boat (decent robot mode), and the fork-lift (funny) may make it on to my desk though.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Prime Riblet » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Motto: "Mottos! We need no stinking mottos!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I'm with Counterpunch on this line-I can't support it. These are some very ugly designs.
Prime Riblet
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Having the small deluxe toys in such large empty packaging does not make me want this line more. I'm not going to bother with the line myslef, but all that empty space might put off parents and new collectors, why pay $30 for a tiny little transforemer figure, when for $30 they can get two Ben 10 figures?

Perhaps it would it be a better idea to cover up some of the empty bubble with some cardboard identifiers or something, so as to reduce the empty space?

The bikes had all better come out in one wave, so that they can be combined as soon as they are opened, there is no way they can be posed while being wheel-footed bots.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Caelus wrote:... Given the bizarre articulation we've seen in Chromia, I'd expect their merging to be completely unique, and involve a lot more 'mixing' together than you see in most of the TF gestalts - more like the Beast Wars gestalts than the Scramble Cityor Energon Gestalts, or even the RID Build Team.

Actually, the three RID locomotives were all approximately the same size, right? And yet they made a decent combined form.

I keep forgetting about the rail-bots. They did a great job of keeping those all standardized. I had figured that worst case scenario would be that we would end up with deluxe size versions of the Armada Mini-Cons that merged into Perceptor or some close approximation to that. Not bad conceptually once you actually got past the whole goofy mini-con idea to begin with and for the size of the toys they actually did an o.k. job. (I purposely left out the issues with the mini-con alt modes. That's a whole other disaster for another time) I figure that the deluxe size motorcycles would have to be better than that and anything would be an improvement over the RID Constructicons. Those were just a pain in the butt. Once I got mine merged they STAYED merged and didn't get moved off the display shelf until I packed up my apt. to move out.
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 190518"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKID-Z Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
SKID-Z Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League handheld game 2019"
CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKILLZ PUNK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro Game Cartridge"
SKILLZ PUNK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCAVENGER + ROLLBAR Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2002 231209A"
SCAVENGER + ROLLBA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER X-BRAWN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise complete 2001 230830A"
SUPER X-BRAWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WIND SHEER Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821"
WIND SHEER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Dinobot GRIMLOCK Transformers Armada RID Dinobots complete + more 211023A"
Dinobot GRIMLOCK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAKEDOWN Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s5f3 2005 231102A"
BRAKEDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYFIRE Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
SKYFIRE Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON