This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New better images of ROTF Rampage and more!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New better images of ROTF Rampage and more!

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Gemran fansite NTF-Archive.de has new images of some of the upcoming Transformers Revenge of the Fallen toys.
The toys displayed are:
    Scout Dirt Boss
    Scout Dead End
    Scout Knock Out
    Scout Rollbar
    Deluxe Soundwave
    Deluxe Sideswipe
    Deluxe Sideways
    Deluxe Rampage
    Voyager Demolishor
These images give us an especially good look at Rampage.

See some of them here and the rest by clicking here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: New better images of ROTF Rampage and more!

Postby harvester » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:05 pm

I bet Rampage has an easy time falling over. Looks to be very top-heavy with thin legs. I still totally want it though =p
harvester
Fuzor

Postby Dr. Caelus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:08 pm

harvester wrote:I bet Rampage has an easy time falling over. Looks to be very top-heavy with thin legs. I still totally want it though =p

I think he has the option for four legs though, a la the cult classic Beast Wars Transmetal II Scarem! And also Cybertron Red Alert.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Wheeljack144 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:09 pm

Im still vexed that they seriously couldnt find a way to make the deluxe/voyager constructicons merge to form devastator. Ravage forms like a perfect hand with his crab walk.

And especially Demolisher...there really isnt much to his robot mode, but if it had to be that way for the sake of combining, then that would be cool. I dont REALLY mind the way he looks, but I feel like the designers got lazy.
Wheeljack144
Micromaster

Postby harvester » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Wheeljack144 wrote:Im still vexed that they seriously couldnt find a way to make the deluxe/voyager constructicons merge to form devastator. Ravage forms like a perfect hand with his crab walk.

And especially Demolisher...there really isnt much to his robot mode, but if it had to be that way for the sake of combining, then that would be cool. I dont REALLY mind the way he looks, but I feel like the designers got lazy.

Or are on a budget and are being told what to do. I swear, the MBAs are the ones to blame every time. I think they completely missed the concept of what a combiner really is, they're basically tripple changers. G1 even had tape combiners, they couldn't find a way with these things to do it? they had way more room for design but didn't, it really sucks. I can't wait for them to come out, Ill find a way to mod them to do it >=P [/rant]

Caelus wrote:
harvester wrote:I bet Rampage has an easy time falling over. Looks to be very top-heavy with thin legs. I still totally want it though =p

I think he has the option for four legs though, a la the cult classic Beast Wars Transmetal II Scarem! And also Cybertron Red Alert.

Is there a mode people put Cybertron Red Alert into that has four legs? and I didn't see the crazy backend on Rampage, that stand thing or whatever Im sure keeps him upright
harvester
Fuzor

Postby LimeWire-NTF-Archive » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:22 pm

the three.legged-mode is the steamhammermode, his "real" botmode is mr. crabs ;-)
best regards

Chris
LimeWire-NTF-Archive
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Bumblebeast » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:43 pm

Rampage needs lots of painting.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Counterpunch » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
WHY

Why are the images cut off...

I thought we were past this...
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby dragons » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Im still vexed that they seriously couldnt find a way to make the deluxe/voyager constructicons merge to form devastator. Ravage forms like a perfect hand with his crab walk.

i still think that there is way just wait until fansproject or some other compainer get hold of these guys to play with them to see what the can do.

after viewing there deluxe figures on these guys they almost identical to the combined versions of them selves scavenger looks like he could from the waist section when you spilt him into pieces before froming his bot mode, & rampage only few transfomrations and you have his leg give it time some one may come up with accesoires to link up these guys and devastator face for the cement truck bot i feel the same way you do.

the joints to form the combined version of devastator they may work on the deluxe figures but you would have to par 100 dollaors to see if the joints on the combined version will fit & work on the deluxe bot version of the constructicons first i dont see anyone making that type of scarifice to try it out.

lokoing forward to get these guys heh wander what hasbro is going to do when they find the big crappy version/voltron wannabe doesnt sell any where
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Mykltron » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Wow, have they really given us a robot without elbows? Someone tell me I'm wrong about Rampage...

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Zeds » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Pretty much craptastic so far with a few (only a few) exceptions.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Riotflea » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:42 pm

What did we and toy buyers everywhere ever do to Hasbro to deserve such awful designs?

Oh, we kept buying their stuff blindly and with a heavy dose of being over-apologetic for them.

As for the Devastator issue, why would they need to make these guys combine as long as there's Transformers buyers out there still with a "collect them all!" mentality?

On a positive note, the designs and toys coming out of this new movie show that what people were saying with the first was "something so new it's revolutionary" was, in fact, "they don't quite know what on earth they're doing".

I just... I just hope these movie figures don't linger around in the toy aisle too long.
And CERTAINLY not as long as the first ones.

Aim all that budget at the Animated line instead, so people don't have to look to Jin Saotome on ways to "fix" their figures so they make sense or go to Reprolabels to make the characters match the apps they sport onscreen.
Riotflea
Headmaster Jr

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Barricade (yes im still calling him Barricade) looks cool, Soundwave looks cool, The silver car thingy (not calling it sideswipe) looks cool, rampage is crap as is that shovel guy. So thats $30 saved already. Well $35 saved, forgot about the price hikes.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Warbreaker » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:28 am

Motto: "Lines must be drawn. Limits must be defined."
Weapon: Air Concussion Cannon
I got my hands on a Sideways today, temporarily handling and somehow managing to transform a non-packaged, scratched up version of him in an Animetech store in just over 5 minutes (their supplier has an uncanny knack for getting pre-released and non-packaged transformers months before they're meant to show up and the staff are pretty reasonable about letting the loose goods being handled).

He's not bad, paint job and detailing on his face and body is superb, transformation is entertainingly complex and I could easily brandish a Sharpie on some striped parts on his red torso and make it not look so cheap, though his feet are VERY tiny and his Mech-Alive gimmick (an almost unnoticeable gear visible through hole in Sideways' upper arm rotates with bending his elbow almost exactly like Demolishor's) along with his rotating serrated wheel-saw seems rather...meh. Hardly matters, he's mine when I spot a non-scratched up, packaged version of him in official retail!

edit:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:The silver car thingy (not calling it sideswipe) looks cool

Would you call him Sideswipe if he was mostly red with black trim? :D
Last edited by Warbreaker on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warbreaker
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Jazz Reborn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
I like them. They're interesting in their own way.
Jazz Reborn
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: 8

Postby Jin Saotome » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Hey, I'll still be here if ya need me! heheh..
"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"

Jin Saotome
Vehicon
News Credits: 8
Buy from Jin Saotome on eBay
Alt Mode: Mecha

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:32 am

harvester wrote:
Caelus wrote:

Is there a mode people put Cybertron Red Alert into that has four legs?

I haven't seen it done in a long time but back when he first came out there were a number of pictures in that form. Just pulled out my Cannonball figure and transformed him to make sure I wasn't thinking of someone else. With the legs split lengthwise and at the pelvis, he can stand on the tips of his toes giving him sort of a spidery look. Of course, I couldn't tell you what the point of that would be. Red Alert/Cannonball/Crankcase/Kup doesn't sport enough firepower to suggest a need for an optional high stability mode. I guess it could be an all-terrain mode? Or perhaps it steadies Red Alert while he performs battlefield surgery?

Although, if you leave his arms and head in place when transforming him, stick a gun (e.g. G2 Bruticus's rifle) in his left hand, and active his flipout cannons, he makes a neat sort of walker tank.

P.S. I for one like Rampage and to a lesser extent Demolishor/Scavenger - it's nice to see tractor treads that aren't solid molded plastic with little wheels hidden underneath. I will almost certainly get Rampage. I'm only dissuaded from Demolishor because of the cost. Their monstrous look doesn't bother me, being as they're supposed to be scary villains.

As far as their not combining, I don't see how they could. If the individual robots' parts snapped together tightly enough in vehicle mode to make Devastator structurally sound, we'd be breaking plastic and pinching fingers every time we tried to transform them into their individual robot modes. I'm sure a person could easily kitbash a combined form from these fellows, but it will probably be a look-don't-touch piece.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON