This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Derrick Wyatt Interviewed

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Derrick Wyatt Interviewed

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Unicron.com- With the new Season of Animated rolling right along, Derrick Wyatt is quite a popular person to try to pry information from lately.

Unicron.com, the makers of the TF Animated accessories pack, interview the lead designer for the popular show.

Derrick shares his thoughts on many things, and drops a few bombs that may disappoint some, and encourage others.

"Unicron.com: Speaking of THE KEY, so now that Sari is a teen aged upgrade, have we seen the last of the key?
derrickjwyatt: Yeah, that's it for the Key. It finally did what it was created to do.
Unicron.com: Aaaaaahhhhhhh....... cool!
Unicron.com: Rodimus/Stryka and their crews, have we seen the last of them in Season 3?
derrickjwyatt: They may get some small cameo screen time, but that was their big moment for this season."

"derrickjwyatt: Yeah, wait until you see the Elite Guard headquarters!
Unicron.com: Metroplex City, on Cybertron! Well, it's about time!
Elite Guard Headquarters you say?
derrickjwyatt: Yep. It's a total Fortress."

You can read the full interview here.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed

Postby Baha08 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Way to make characters that will have little or no personality or much back story.
Baha08
Minibot

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:12 pm

A fortress he says.....I'd better see my favorite Headmaster in the near future. Of course, not as a Headmaster.....
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Slayershoop » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Motto: "I have more of an obsession with swords than Setsuna"
Weapon: Battle Blades
SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY?!? Oh come on now, you introduce some of the coolest characters of the show and give them about five minutes if that of screen time and THAT'S IT?!? Some of the cooler characters we have seen yet, and that's it? WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? Well at least there's a possibility of Fort Max...
Slayershoop reviews, Transformers and oh so much more!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Slayershoop
Slayershoop
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Watch Slayershoop on YouTube
Buy from Slayershoop on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10+

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:33 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Baha08 wrote:Way to make characters that will have little or no personality or much back story.

They all got profiles in the Collector's Club newsletter, and some of them appear in "The Rise of Safeguard." I'd hardly claim they have "little or no personality or much back story."
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby ChrisR291 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:37 pm

what does he mean by this season.....

I don't want TFA to end!!! :shock:

maybe that is a sign.

GET READY FOR IT.....
ChrisR291
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby Baha08 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:57 pm

They all got profiles in the Collector's Club newsletter, and some of them appear in "The Rise of Safeguard." I'd hardly claim they have "little or no personality or much back story."

It does when/if people don't get that newsletter or buys the comic(s) and not to mention it's really terrible idea to do such a thing to characters in a series that's been here for a while.

Not to mention in this day it's really kind of half-assed to do it that way in the sense that you have more cameo characters then you have active characters.
Last edited by Baha08 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baha08
Minibot

Postby Marcdachamp » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:02 pm

ChrisR291 wrote:what does he mean by this season.....

I don't want TFA to end!!! :shock:

maybe that is a sign.

I think the internet is blowing the whole thing out of proportion. He says ratings are strong. Cartoon Network is probably just waiting to make sure those ratings keep up before signing for another season.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Tristar » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:07 pm

for some odd reason I'm thinking the Spittor and maybe Cyclonus arrive on earth Spittor (Big purple robot that looks like a frog) gets a transorganic upgrade in Predacons Rising...Atleast thats what I think will happen.

Something also tells me Team Charr or is it Chaar is gonna make appearence on earth looking to smash some bots under shockwave's orders. and does anyone else think that the theft of the magnus hammer is important?

Hmmm...Fort Max....there is a slim chance that a headmaster unit is gonna go rogue on On the Headmaster....(And I'm not talking about Dirtboss!)

If we're lucky after Human error Pt 2 CN is gonna renew TFA. Possibly place it on the back burner till after ROTF till it leaves theaters then begin production of Season 4....

then again all of this is speculation on my part. I can dream can't I?
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Spectral Dragon wrote:I hereby declare HMW shall now be known as Heavy Metal Crack (that's HMC for short)!
Tristar
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Season 3 is the last season. Period.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Marcdachamp » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Season 3 is the last season. Period.

What makes you say that?
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby First-Aid » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:41 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Marcdachamp wrote:

What makes you say that?

Because he doesn't like it.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Marcdachamp » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:45 am

First-Aid wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:

What makes you say that?

How can ANYONE dislike Animated? It's the best TF series since Beast Wars.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:56 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Marcdachamp wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:

What makes you say that?

People dislike Beast Wars too. It's not always about what it seems should make sense. There will always be people who don't like certain aesthetics or characters, or whatever. And that's just fine.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Windsweeper » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:25 pm

How can anyone dislike Animated?

The awful human villains like Headmaster and Professor Princess.

The Constructicons with the ridiculous facial 'hair'.

Personally, I also dislike Lockdown because I don't like TF's without the traditional 'helmet' look like Armada Scavenger who Lockdown reminds me of. Silly maybe, but that's just me.

Don't get me wrong I love the series overall, but those are the things that stop it from knocking Beast Wars off the top spot, at least for me.

Also not happy about Rodimus, Strika and their respective teams not getting more airtime. In 5 minutes, Rodimus became one of the coolest Transformers in the history of the franchise. Bad enough they slagged Blurr too.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:

What makes you say that?

People dislike Beast Wars too. It's not always about what it seems should make sense. There will always be people who don't like certain aesthetics or characters, or whatever. And that's just fine.

I LOVE ANIMATED!!!

AND BEAST WARS!!!

Don't say that I don't like either. These are my two favorite TF series.

I'm saying that season 3 is the final season because it is! It was confirmed to be so. And I'm tired of people thinking that there's going to be a fourth season, when there's not.

Whenever people mention that they want a fourth season of Animated or that they think there's going to be a fourth season, their wishes just keep reminding me that there isn't going to be a fourth season and makes me feel sadder.

As for Beast Wars, loved the aesthetics, loved the charatcers, LOVED the "whatever"! Beast Wars is the BEST TF series ever! And Animated takes the crown at second place! Followed by Chojin Masterforce!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Baha08 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:48 pm

Marcdachamp wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:

What makes you say that?

If anything Beast Wars would be on the top, G1 2nd, Animated 3rd.

Since if you think about it, BW was the best because it introduced new ideas and even gave them more character (for the most) since it wasn't just worrying about like 10 for both sides, all the BW characters had that.

G1 stays close to the top due to nostalgia factors but was terrible in terms of storyline, on par with Power Rangers.

Animated is third only cause the other series we had we bad anime and Beast Machines (which would be fourth at best) since Animated took a good concept and then proceed to take a dump on it. If anything it's a mix of Transformers, Teen Titans, Batman, and cameos.

I say this because break down things ruin the series, it's not hard to do it for anything but on this it hurts animated. So far most the Autobots have back stories, I think only Wasp, Blackaracnia, Shockwave, Lockdown, and the Constructicons and SC clones have much of a back story, the others have characteristics, but no story (unless you try comics and stuff which is cheating in my book)

It takes cameos way too much since there are some characters that only make short appearances but do it far too often, or there are character to apply to fans (as of now anyways) that may or may not get more time. That goes for Rodimus's and Strika's team as that seem unnecessary to create characters that if this is the last season or not, only has five minute on screen and no story other then being enemies.

Then the Teen Titan part comes in with the humor. I;m glad it's only that and not the Japanese humor though so it gets points for being made by the makers of Teen Titans, but not falling for the half that made that series awesomely bad.
Baha08
Minibot

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (LEFT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817D"
Trypticon RAMP (LE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON