This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Revenge Of The Fallen Smokescreen Deluxe Alt Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Revenge Of The Fallen Smokescreen Deluxe Alt Images

Postby HighPrime » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:50 am

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
I like this repaint. The paint scheme seems more realistic and keeps inline with the tone of the movie. I'll be getting this one.
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Wraith47 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:18 am

Motto: "Bah Weep Granna Weep Ninny Bom"
heh--well...I'd rather go back and watch the G1 show instead of that stupid animated garbage.

wraith
Wraith47
Micromaster
Buy from Wraith47 on eBay

Postby Bumblebeast » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:25 am

I liked the Universe version. I thought i wouldn't like it, but it is rather good.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby rpetras » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I liked the FAB version, this one, not so much.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Bouncy X » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:17 pm

unless its simply a different color scheme of the same character (like G1 colors for movie character etc..) and not supposed to be a new character altogether, i'll never understand the point of repaints.

you're telling me the company is so cheap that it wont bother to create a new design? they'd rather just repaint an existing one and pretend its someone else?

i can understand doing this for similar looking characters like bumblebee/cliffjumper or starscream and the other jets but otherwise....its just silly.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:22 pm

God god Hasbro, no! If you're going to give us a repaint, do it right!
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Valandar » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:20 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Bouncy X wrote:unless its simply a different color scheme of the same character (like G1 colors for movie character etc..) and not supposed to be a new character altogether, i'll never understand the point of repaints.

you're telling me the company is so cheap that it wont bother to create a new design? they'd rather just repaint an existing one and pretend its someone else?

i can understand doing this for similar looking characters like bumblebee/cliffjumper or starscream and the other jets but otherwise....its just silly.

So Bluestreak and Smokescreen should have been nothing but new versions of Prowl ("Undercover Prowl" and "Racetrack Prowl" maybe)?

And Thundercracker and Skywarp just new decos of Starscream ("Nightflight Starscream" and "Purple Rain" Starscream perhaps)?

There is no Frenzy and Rumble - there's only Fremble, and he comes in BOTH red and blue! And there's only Lasersaw, who is both red and orange!

Seriously, 'new character' repaints are pretty much tradition. And I'd actually rather buy a 'new character' repaint than a 'redecoed old character' repaint.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby T-Macksimus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:31 am

Valandar wrote:
Bouncy X wrote:unless its simply a different color scheme of the same character (like G1 colors for movie character etc..) and not supposed to be a new character altogether, i'll never understand the point of repaints.

So Bluestreak and Smokescreen should have been nothing but new versions of Prowl ("Undercover Prowl" and "Racetrack Prowl" maybe)?

And Thundercracker and Skywarp just new decos of Starscream ("Nightflight Starscream" and "Purple Rain" Starscream perhaps)?

There is no Frenzy and Rumble - there's only Fremble, and he comes in BOTH red and blue! And there's only Lasersaw, who is both red and orange!

Seriously, 'new character' repaints are pretty much tradition. And I'd actually rather buy a 'new character' repaint than a 'redecoed old character' repaint.

And to also help support the repaint issue, let's see a show of hands from all those of you who fit into Hasbros target demographic for these toys. Let's see, that would be...practically none of you!
Ask those who DO fall into that demographic how they feel about repaints and you'll find out that the majority don't give a rats ass so long as they get a new toy. Habro isn't stupid, they know where the real money is. We collectors may be louder than the kids but we are fewer in number.
Don't know why everyone is complaining about this figure anyway, it was so blatantly a custom job. We aren't going to see this in mass production. Not unless Hasbro has started doing repaints in somebodys garage because the flaws in the paint application are glaringly obvious! #-o
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Solrac333 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:21 pm

They could have given him a new head mold at least. :|
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Craven Knight » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:55 pm

It's a shame the Jazz mold didn't get a revamp like the Starscream mold did.

The colours on this thing really don't say Smokescreen to me, what an uninspired effort.
Craven Knight
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Zeds » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
It is official. I give up on the ROTF line totally.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:17 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sheesh....Jazz was supposed to be dead. Show the poor guy some respect and let his mold die in peace. In G1, Jazz had his own mold not the same as Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen. These toys come from the same country that gave us microchips the size of a pin...Is it really too much trouble for them to design more molds...lol
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Bumblebeast » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:23 pm

I wouldn't rate us collectors so low in the buying scale. When i was a kid my transformers collection was only 15 figures, most of them KOs. Now, as a collecting adult, i have over 100 figures and it will increase. Kids these days will get the random figure each year; collectors on the other hand will try to get every single figure available.

Don't get me wrong, i like the Jazz toy, but i wouldn't buy Smokescreen because i already have three movie Jazz figures (original, allspark blue and G1 redeco). Besides, the Universe Smokescreen was great, therefore this one looks like a poor effort.

Will it be bought by the hurried father for his kids' birthday ? Yeah, of course. But i can't imagine BBTS buying whole containers of these figures expecting to sell them all. So, a few of them will be sold, and in 20 years they will a thousand dollar worth rarity. So get one now ! :lol:
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon

Postby Cobalt Prime » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
Megatron_Wolf wrote: If it comes with the premium weapon then ill get it since i never got that version. Ill wait and see. As of now its a maybe.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I saw this figure in package on another forum and he comes with that lame telescoping thingee that the first issue Jazz came with, not Final Battle Jazz's wicked film accurate cannon. This repaint would have been at least somewhat appealing if Hasbro had at least thrown in the better weapon. :(
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Prime Riblet » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Motto: "Mottos! We need no stinking mottos!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Uber Galvatron wrote:A repaint!?
Not a very good one either but still ANOTHER FREAKIN' REPAINT!
Both the previous movie line and (by the looks of things) the ROTF toyline aren't even trying anymore. They only release around 10-15 new molds and then repaint them all in different schemes and sometimes even retool them a little to pose them as either G1 repaints of themselves or as other characters.

THEN the movie line decided to take previous molds from other toylines and, you guessed it, repaint them aswell. A good move in general for those that didn't get the opportunity to buy that specific mold, but I fail to count it as new as all it is, is a repaint.

From what i've seen the Constructicons are a big let down, Megatron is passable, Optimus looks ok but needs a gun, Jetfire is hideous and probably the only new figure I am looking for to is The Fallen himself
*sigh* and they are cancelling Animated for THIS

Sideswipe looks cool though! :P
Prime Riblet
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 8

Postby Ironhide63 » Mon May 25, 2009 1:09 am

can anyone tell me if they are releasing the Jazz Deluxe again...I dont care if its not a new mold...illl take the old one...plz, just PLZ TELL ME THEY ARE RELEASING JAZZ AGAIN!!! :sad:
When are we gonna start bustin' Deceptichops?
Ironhide63
Mini-Con

Postby Stockade » Mon May 25, 2009 8:48 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
Here we go again down repaint road and another figure that wont be in the movie im sure of it and the colors are sickening...ewww

Makes me wonder if hasbro reads this forum or knows how we really feel... :-?

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10

Postby Mkall » Mon May 25, 2009 9:53 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Stockade wrote:Makes me wonder if hasbro reads this forum or knows how we really feel... :-?

Hasbro reads many of the posts here, but keep in mind we collectors are in the minority of folks who end up buying these figures.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
NEW!
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON