This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt

Postby Nekoman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Another interview with Transformers Animated lead designer Derrick Wyatt has been posted at Unicron.com. Like with the last interview, Derrick reveals many interesting things fans of Animated might enjoy reading. To read the entire interview, please click here.

In his interview, he also reveals all of the episode titles, which you may read below:

1-3 Transwarped
4: Three's a Crowd
5: Where Is Thy Sting?
6: Five Servos of Doom
7: Predacons Rising
8-9: Human Error (pts 1-2)
10: Decepticon Air
11: This Is Why I Hate Machines
12-13 Endgame, parts 1 and 2
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt

Postby --B-- » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:02 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Endgame. Huh. Figures, another End Game ending a series just when it started getting good.

Beast Wars had the same title for it's last episodes, IIRC.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Tristar » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:23 pm

...I'm gonna miss this show! WHY why why isn't there going to be a season 4! I have a thought on Decepticon air...I think it was originally called Downtown Blackout...which makes me think At least Blackout is gonna show up again.

I can hope....

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Spectral Dragon wrote:I hereby declare HMW shall now be known as Heavy Metal Crack (that's HMC for short)!
Tristar
Combiner

Postby capellamusic » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Motto: "Sex, food and rock'n'roll"
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Only 13?... This is one of the best TFs series ever (including also the toys), it has to be longer!
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
Megatron: Hmm... a free natural air conditioning system?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Buy from capellamusic on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby oldskooltf » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Weapon: Missile Launcher
Some of Derrick Wyatt's responses make it seem that we will get a Season 4! Like when he said we won't see Wheeljack's alt mode this season.

Oh... how I hope this is not the last season. I've bought Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD to watch with my kids and have purchased quite a few of the toys too. My wife (not a TF fan) even admits that the episodes are written well.

This should not end.
oldskooltf
Minibot
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
--B-- wrote:Endgame. Huh. Figures, another End Game ending a series just when it started getting good.

Beast Wars had the same title for it's last episodes, IIRC.
Nope it was Beast Machines season 2 that had that title for its finale: "Endgame Pt. I: The Downward Spiral", "Endgame Pt. II: When Legends Fall", and "Endgame Pt. III: Seeds of the Future".

Tristar wrote:...I'm gonna miss this show! WHY why why isn't there going to be a season 4! I have a thought on Decepticon air...I think it was originally called Downtown Blackout...which makes me think At least Blackout is gonna show up again.
"Downtown Blackout" was always a rumor.

capellamusic wrote:Only 13?... This is one of the best TFs series ever (including also the toys), it has to be longer!
Seasons 1 and 2 had 13. So why not season 3?

oldskooltf wrote:Some of Derrick Wyatt's responses make it seem that we will get a Season 4! Like when he said we won't see Wheeljack's alt mode this season.

Oh... how I hope this is not the last season. I've bought Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD to watch with my kids and have purchased quite a few of the toys too. My wife (not a TF fan) even admits that the episodes are written well.

This should not end.
You do know that this is part 2 of the IMterview, right. Part 1 made it known that season 3 is the end.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Badass Grimlock » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Motto: "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
Image from interview:

My Blog!
Also formerly Starscream-dude, Toruk Makto,and Sackjack (but only briefly.)
Badass Grimlock
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: ???
Skill: 7

Postby oldskooltf » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:26 am

Sabrblade wrote:
oldskooltf wrote:Some of Derrick Wyatt's responses make it seem that we will get a Season 4! Like when he said we won't see Wheeljack's alt mode this season.

This should not end.
You do know that this is part 2 of the IMterview, right. Part 1 made it known that season 3 is the end.

I just read part 1 for the 2nd time and I cannot for the life of me see where Derrick Wyatt says that Season 3 is the end. He does say that nothing was changed with the ending of Season 3 but carefully does not say there's no season 4.

Now... I'll admit when I'm wrong -- so if Season 3 being the end of TF Animated was truly confirmed by someone from Cartoon Network or Hasbro or someone like that, then please give the me the link to the article/interview so I can stop hoping for Season 4.
oldskooltf
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:15 pm

oldskooltf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

This should not end.

I just read part 1 for the 2nd time and I cannot for the life of me see where Derrick Wyatt says that Season 3 is the end. He does say that nothing was changed with the ending of Season 3 but carefully does not say there's no season 4.

Now... I'll admit when I'm wrong -- so if Season 3 being the end of TF Animated was truly confirmed by someone from Cartoon Network or Hasbro or someone like that, then please give the me the link to the article/interview so I can stop hoping for Season 4.
Wel,, Perceptor told me that there's a possiblitiy for a Part 3 to coem once season 3 finishes airing, so it'll likely be said in that IMterview once it happens.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Derrick Wyatt interview from TFCon 2009

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Allspark.com have posted a "boiled down transcript" from Transformers Animated Lead Character Designer Derrick Wyatt's panels at TFCon2009.

The majority of the transcript is taken from the first of Wyatt's panels, which focused solely on the Animated series. While no direct spoilers are released, Wyatt does hint at some things still to come as well as answering questions regarding his preferred characters, and comments on things already seen.

To read the full Allspark Transcript, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby oldskooltf » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:47 pm

good stuff.

I love Derrick Wyatt's answers. Fun read.
oldskooltf
Minibot

Postby dabattousai » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:32 am

I was really hoping for Sludge and the real Snarl to be put in. I really would have loved to own all five of the dinobots in Animated form. :sad:

I don't think Season 3 will be the end of it. It just seems they have a lot to explain. They can't just end it without tying up the loose ends.

Anyways good read and can't wait for Botcon to see more information get spilled. Hopefully an Animated Constructicon toy display this time around.
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby Marcdachamp » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:01 pm

I have a feeling that it might be "ending," but the next series is a direct follow-up. The only Transformers series that hasn't really had a direct follow-up was RID.

They're being very, very vague.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Marcdachamp wrote: The only Transformers series that hasn't really had a direct follow-up was RID.
G1 didn't have a follow-up (in America, that is).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Editor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Sabrblade wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote: The only Transformers series that hasn't really had a direct follow-up was RID.

It's called Beast Wars :roll:

My feeling is that Animated is ending after Season 3 saddly, as it was shown a couple years ago that the movie francise is more important to them as just in case they have another situation like the first movie where we ended up with wave after wave of repaints and redecos, that they can pimp those out without hurting the Animated francise at the same time.

My hope is that they give it a year or so to gat the second movie thru all the stores, get a a filler universe series 4 to fill the gap and at Botcon 2010 they announce Transformers: Animated Heroes (or something like that) and restart things in fall 2010.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Editor wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

It's called Beast Wars :roll:
Nah, Beast Wars was its own thing until the season 2 finale.

It's not a "sequel" to G1, it's a "spinoff" of G1. There is a difference.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Marcdachamp » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 am

Sabrblade wrote:

That can be argued. We could say Generation 2 or Beast Wars. Even still, if we do allow it, 6 out of 8 of the series we've had in the US have had or been a follow-up.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Tristar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 pm

I just finished reading the interview....AND never before have wanted to grind my teeth so much! He keeps hinting that something more is gonna be done with TFA after season 3. Though the fact he wants to put the brick (Grandus) into the show is kinda funny.

But, still to damn many hints that something after Season 3. Wish they'd just spit out what there going to do with it!
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Spectral Dragon wrote:I hereby declare HMW shall now be known as Heavy Metal Crack (that's HMC for short)!
Tristar
Combiner

Postby Editor » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Tristar wrote:Wish they'd just spit out what there going to do with it!

It sounds like they will, but it won't be until Botcon.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Marcdachamp » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Tristar wrote:I just finished reading the interview....AND never before have wanted to grind my teeth so much! He keeps hinting that something more is gonna be done with TFA after season 3. Though the fact he wants to put the brick (Grandus) into the show is kinda funny.

But, still to damn many hints that something after Season 3. Wish they'd just spit out what there going to do with it!

Agreed and hopeful. :grin:
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Marcdachamp wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That can be argued. We could say Generation 2 or Beast Wars.
While G2 could be considered the sequel toyline, it didn't have an actual cartoon to go with it. Its cartoon was still G1 epiasodes but with newly-added special effects.

Beast Wars, however, was a spin-off, not a sequel.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics OCT231205 4A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZC FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC237139 1ZC (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr Y FOC foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247370 2Y (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr N 1:15 black light Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240118 2N Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAR230301 4B MOTU Lopez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr X FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247369 2X (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZG FOC 1:10 B&W Dynamite Comics DEC237143 1ZG (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JUL231103 1B Williams"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr W FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247368 2W (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr H FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230211 1H (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JAN230441 2C (CA) Santos"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKELETOR vs HE-MAN Masters of the Universe Minis MOTU SDCC Comic-Con 2013 New"
SKELETOR vs HE-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics DEC220422 1B MOTU Jones"
Masters Universe M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON