More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformer

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformer

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Shout! Factory DVD producer Brian Ward has started a thread on the <a href="http://www.shoutfactory.com/community.aspx" target="_blank">Shout! Factory Community Message Boards</a> providing fans with more detailed information regarding Shout! Factory's release of the original Transformers cartoon on DVD, starting on June 16th with the release of Season 1. You can view that thread by clicking <a href="http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/1551/thread.aspx" target="_blank">here</a>.
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 35
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformer

Postby AutobotJazz » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Motto: "I do it my way: with style."
Weapon: Electrostatic Discharger Rifle
it sounds like this set will be done very nicely and correctly. I own the entire rhino run of the series, but I'll more than likely buy this. Scratch that, I am buying this set.
AutobotJazz
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 4
Watch AutobotJazz on YouTube

Postby rpetras » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I have the Rhino set so I may or may not get this set.

But anyone looking for info on GI Joe can hit this related thread:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/1552/thread.aspx
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Tirade » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:30 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Glad to see Shout!Factory is fielding questions. So far I am very impressed with their handling of Transformers and GI Joe. If what they say is true regarding the releases, these should be superior to the Rhino releases. Pity that the DiC GI Joe eps are still on hold. Maybe Shout! will work things out with Cookie Jar in the near future. That would be great.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing these guys at BotCon. Just another reason I'm thrilled that BotCon is so near to where I live :grin:.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby SpacerAM2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:32 am

I don't like Shout too much. They have the habit of not releasing the whole series like Healthcliff & the Cadillac Cats {just half of the first season}, C.O.P.S.{the first 24 episodes},etc. Good for the people that missed Sunbow g1 Transformers or Sunbow G.I. Joe the first time. Lets see if Shout release the full series of both this time.
SpacerAM2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Darth Bombshell » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:36 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
SpacerAM2 wrote:I don't like Shout too much. They have the habit of not releasing the whole series like Healthcliff & the Cadillac Cats {just half of the first season}, C.O.P.S.{the first 24 episodes},etc.

I take it you didn't read the thread, which explains why they didn't.

We still hold the rights to the DiC series we've released (and then some) and must continue any work through Cookie Jar, if we intend to continue to release titles like the third volume of Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, the second volume of Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors, etc. The contract is still there and valid. But since we've not released anything from DiC since they were acquired by Cookie Jar, we have no real relationships with those folks. I have not personally dealt with anyone at Cookie Jar.
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 35
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Duke of Luns » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:19 am

This is sounding so awsome :grin: . Hope they release the complete series detail soon, cause I'm getting that for sure.
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

** Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Soundwave ** Hasbro NEW! - Time Remaining: 4 days 52 minutes 17 seconds
Takara Transformers Music Label Soundwave MP3 Player Figure (Spark Blue Version) - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 56 minutes 11 seconds
** Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Wheeljack ** Hasbro NEW! - Time Remaining: 18 days 3 hours 56 minutes 9 seconds
Revoltech MEGATRON - Transformers # 25 by Kaiyodo - Decepticon Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 59 minutes 40 seconds
Side Vent Fender Decorative shark Grille Transformers Autobot Decepticon Black - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 24 minutes 50 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT DELUXE STEELBANE PREMIER EDITION - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 26 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT DELUXE AUTOBOT SQWEEKS PREMIER EDITION - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 32 minutes 24 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT VOYAGER AUTOBOT HOUND PREMIER EDITION - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 47 minutes
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #180 - SDCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #180:
"SDCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 24th, 2017
Website Security Test