This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Madman Transformers Complete DVD Collections

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Madman Transformers Complete DVD Collections

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:58 pm

While this will not interest those who already own every Transformers series on DVD, it is good news for those fans who want to collect the Transformers series on DVD, but are yet to do so.

Just in time for the release of the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen live action film, our good friends Madman Entertainment will be releasing "Complete Collections" for three classic Transformers Series this June.

First up is the re-release of the sold out Transformers Generation 1 Complete Collection. This set contains all of the same goodies as the original release, but this time comes packed in a Decepticon themed tin, and at a lower price. The special features and additional extra's include:
- 16 page booklet: Containing exclusive comic by Simon Furman
- Interviews: With key figures from Transformer's 25 year history
- Animated Public Service Announcements
- Historical trailers and Television commercials
- Scripts & storyboards
- Interview and commentary: With Voice Director Wally Burr

The Transformers Generation 1 Complete Collection runs for over 2500 minutes over 17 discs will retail for AU$99.95, and be available from the 24th of June 2009. The collection is a Region 4 set only, so you will need a region free player to watch the collection.

Also being released by Madman on the 24th of June 2009 is the Japanese Generation 1 Complete Collection, which gather the three Japanese Generation 1 cartoons: Headmasters, Super God Masterforce and Victory, as well as the single episode of Zone in a 13 disc, 110 episode collection. Special features include:
- Introductory Booklets with Episode Guides
- Toy, Tech Spec and Character Art Galleries
- Japanese Toy Ads and Catalogues
- DVD ROM Content - The Story Continued in Manga

The Japanese Generation 1 Complete Collection has a runtime of 2425, and is a REGION FREE DVD collection, available to play on any DVD player. The Japanese G1 Complete Collection will also retail for AU$99.95.

The Transformers Beast Wars Complete Collection collects all 3 seasons of the Beast Wars series together in a 10 disc 52 episode set. The Beast Wars Collection special features include:
- World Exclusive Creator Commentaries and interviews: Cast and crew including Story editors, voice actors, writers, directors and animators
- Episode guide booklets with comic inserts and essays
- Character profiles, Toy Galleries and Commercials (including galleries from Seibertron.com)
- Deleted Scenes, Outtakes, Animatics and 3D Test shots
- Making of BEAST WARS documentary
- David Kaye (Megatron) and Garry Chalk (Optimus) Convention Panels

The Transformers Beast Wars Complete Collection is also slated for a June 24th release, and will also retail for AU$99.95. This set is a Region 4 set only, so you will need a region free player to watch the collection.

And finally, the Blu Ray edition of the original 1986 Transformers the Animated Movie will be released in Australia on June 24th 2009, special features include:
- Remastered High Definition Transfer
- "Scramble City" movie tie-in bonus episode
- Interview with Story Consultant Flint Dille
- Q&A with voice of Optimus, Peter Cullen
- 80's toy TVCs, TV spots and theatrical trailer
- The Touch film-clip (by Stan Bush)
- Character, voice-actor and musician biographies
- Bonus episode of TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS

Transformers the Animated Movie on Blu Ray will retail for AU$34.95.

If you are interested in either of the Region 4 sets, but are uncertain as to how you can play the, click here to see Ryan's thread about making your DVD region free.

For more information concerning these products, head on over to the Madman Transformers website by clicking here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Madman Transformers Complete DVD Collections

Postby rpetras » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:48 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I've never seen any of the Japanese G1 series. If anyone has seen them (and I'm sure a few have :D ) Are they worth getting?

Second the site lists them region free, it does mention they are PAL. Will they still play on a US DVD player?
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby dabattousai » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:01 pm

The Japanese G1 episodes are alright. Headmasters is basically the long lost Season 4 that we should have gotten. Pretend the US Season 4 never happend when you watch that one.

Masterforce I am currently watching from a Fansub group and it's alright. It's Power Rangers Meet the TransFormers where human control the bots, but the series does have some fan favorites like the Seacons and Browning, the other gun mode that came out with Megatron back in the good ol Diaclone days.

Victory, I only seen a little bit. It looks okay, but have very little knowledge on it.

The Japanese G1 Collection will play on any player in any region. The other two series will require a Region 4 DVD player. Here is where you can look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
This is why I hate machi-- er, rereleases!

I own the UK box set of Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory/Zone, and this one seems so much better. But I'm a bit skeptical on on its so-called "Region free" format because the previous individual releases of Masterforce and Victory by Madman were also advertised as Region Free, but in reality were not and were in Region 4 format instead.

rpetras wrote:I've never seen any of the Japanese G1 series. If anyone has seen them (and I'm sure a few have :D ) Are they worth getting?
Absolutely!

Headmasters was a good continuation of G1 and had a real nostalgic feel to it at first. And as it went in its own direction, things got really good.

Masterforce is pure win! The crown jewel of the three series. While had the mot humans, almost none of them were useless. Plus it had some of the best characters and battles. And can I just say that the Decepticons were just full of win! While the ones from the Unicron Trilogy were goofy and clumsy, these 'Cons are the polar opposite: cold, bitter, ruthless, bringers of death and destruction. Not to mention the Autobts were amazing too.

Victory was like G1 but with all new faces. A typical 80's Saturday morning cartoon-type show, but with its own deal. If your looking for a good old-fashioned "Autobots vs. Decepticons" type series that isn't G1 but feels like it, then this is for you.

As for Zone, for just one episode, it got me want more. A whole LOT more. It's a shame that it's only one episode, as it has some true potential.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby pleasedeleteme » Fri May 01, 2009 8:35 am

rpetras wrote:I've never seen any of the Japanese G1 series. If anyone has seen them (and I'm sure a few have :D ) Are they worth getting?

Second the site lists them region free, it does mention they are PAL. Will they still play on a US DVD player?

OK first post but no stranger to this site.

I have the Japanese sets from Madman, which to the best of my knowledge, are sourced from the UK sets. The Headmasters & Victory sets both have original Japanese audio with English subtitles, plus the notorious English dub on all episodes. The Masterforce set also has Japanese/English subtitles but only has English audio on selected episodes (which is a real let down). The Zone episode has hardwired subtitles against Jap only audio.

All 3 Jap series were notorious for their use of numerous "clip show" episodes. I don't know about the UK sets but Madman chose to leave all those clip shows out. Depending on which side of the fence you sit on this can be a good thing or a bad thing. Repetitious as they are, some clip shows actually revealed backstories and new information (particularly on Masterforce). Sadly they're MIA.

Headmasters for me kinda ruined the whole American G1 experience. The Japanese spin and storytelling was goofy, and plotwise, was fairly drab most of the time. Masterforce was a better series but had its own issues. Victory & Zone are very manga flavored. Better than Masterforce but not as good as Headmasters.
pleasedeleteme

Postby cartoonjunkie » Sun May 31, 2009 9:13 pm

if you want to buy a good not expensively priced dvd of transformers go to http://www.oldschooltoons.com they sell them there!
cartoonjunkie
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON