This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Goo Goo Dolls Transformers Movie Song Title Revealed

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Goo Goo Dolls Transformers Movie Song Title Revealed

Postby Hotrod » Thu May 10, 2007 5:18 pm

We reported earlier this month that the Goo Goo Dolls would have a love song for the Transformers Movie. In a press release on Marketwire.com, the name of the song was announced. The song is titled "Fiction". The song will also be featured on the Transformers film soundtrack.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Elita One » Thu May 10, 2007 5:26 pm

Motto: "I will chop your head off!- Axe Cop"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Oh great the soundtrack gonna be a chick flick. I was hoping for a combo of rock and orcharested (sp) music as the soundtrack.
DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.
http://www.****.tumblr.com
Elita One
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Watch Elita One on YouTube
Buy from Elita One on eBay

Postby Tadertime » Thu May 10, 2007 5:31 pm

Weapon: Armor Axe
WOW!! The GOO GOO DOLLS? In all honesty who doesn't like the GOO GOO Dolls.......LMAO, Hopefully Stan Bush will come in and kick some goo goo doll ass
Tadertime
Mini-Con
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby 1337W422102 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:31 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Damn it, people, the correct term is ACTION FIGURE, not DOLL. Get with the program!

/endSmartass
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby JTKranix » Thu May 10, 2007 5:32 pm

Well at least we get the 1986 soundtrack re-released with bonus tracks :)
JTKranix For Moderator 2008
JTKranix
Brainmaster
News Credits: 17
Buy from JTKranix on eBay

Postby The Paragon of Virtue » Thu May 10, 2007 5:32 pm

Elita One wrote:Oh great the soundtrack gonna be a chick flick. I was hoping for a combo of rock and orcharested (sp) music as the soundtrack.

It's one song.
The Paragon of Virtue
Vehicon

Postby Brakethrough » Thu May 10, 2007 5:33 pm

Thank goodness it's not called "Fanfiction".
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu May 10, 2007 5:47 pm

So the Goo Goo Dolls are hoping to relaunch their international careers with a song on a soundtrack.
Worked for Chad Kroeger.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby First-Aid » Thu May 10, 2007 5:47 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I didn't even know the Goo Goo Dolls were still around...I thought they were in jail or something. Why couldn't they get a GOOD band to do this? Like maybe Genesis or Duran Duran...bands that focused on electronic sounds, more in theme with the idea of living computers...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu May 10, 2007 6:04 pm

I'm just saying I hate the Goo Goo Dolls, so for me all this sucks.

So pretty much I'll just be hitting mute like I did with NSUCK during Napolian Dynamite.

They should look into getting these guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3M2X4ZAH_w

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu May 10, 2007 6:07 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
That just prime. Dont think im gonna pick this soundtrack up unless it has Iron Maiden or Judas Priest doing a song on it. UP THE IRONS!!!!
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby Heavy B » Thu May 10, 2007 6:11 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
goo goo dolls. ozzy just came out with a great new album and there using goo goo dolls,

the spin is rooming :SICK:
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Koontah » Thu May 10, 2007 6:43 pm

UNBELIEVABLE! Good taste is timeless! The GooGoo Dolls are no better a match for Transformers than Conway Twitty would be for Lord of the Rings!! Genesis . . . now THAT would be PERFECT-Evanescence or Flaw. . . awsome sound. >.< they're just trying to rope in the average yo-jo, I suppose
Transformers fan: 25 years strong!
Koontah
Mini-Con

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu May 10, 2007 6:43 pm

Megatron_Wolf wrote:That just prime. Dont think im gonna pick this soundtrack up unless it has Iron Maiden or Judas Priest doing a song on it. UP THE IRONS!!!!

Couldnt agree more!

Again that link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3M2X4ZAH_w

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby jgilkinson » Thu May 10, 2007 6:57 pm

works for me... i just hope these songs have SOMETHING to do with the movie and not just random background music
jgilkinson
Pretender

Postby Wheeljack35 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:32 pm

eh at least there is no rap....so far
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Burn » Thu May 10, 2007 8:15 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
ahhhh once again the conclusion jumpers amuse me greatly.

Ever stop to think that heavy metal may not suit where this song fits in?

Ever stop to think that maybe Goo Goo Dolls (who are highly experienced at writing for soundtracks) are the best suiting sound for a particular point in the movie?

Oh wait, movie forum. My bad. So much easier to write something off without even knowing anything about it then to actually give it a chance. My bad. Continue the pointless hating! :D
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby tile_mcgillus » Thu May 10, 2007 8:26 pm

WOW. Seriously? Man I quit. *walks away in shame*
tile_mcgillus
Minibot

Postby Roboto750 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:38 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Ehhh... not my thing. I'm with some of the other posters in this thread, I hope Stan Bush at least gets on the soundtrack, if not the movie too!
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8

Postby Sentinel Maximus » Thu May 10, 2007 8:51 pm

Motto: ""The paltry armies of the universe are but play things to me.""
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
Goo Goo Dolls suck and so will this movie therefore they're good together. Whats next Devo's 'Whip It Good'? (I know this song plays on the ultra Bumblebee figure thats coming out.)
Sentinel Maximus
Minibot
Buy from Sentinel Maximus on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Faceful of Kitchen » Thu May 10, 2007 8:56 pm

eh... could be worse (i actually like some of their older stuff), and as burn said it may well be in a moment that's suited for metal. true, it may not be a particularly encouraging sign that this is the first track announced, but seriously, why were people expecting any different? sure, i'm still hoping for some megadeth (especially since they've got an upcoming cd that'll still be relatively new when the movie comes out) and similar stuff, but i'm realistic enough to know that we'll almost certainly end up with the same type of bland pop-rock soundtrack that have been plaguing the recent slew of marvel superhero movies.
Faceful of Kitchen
Minibot

Postby D-340 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:30 pm

Burn wrote:ahhhh once again the conclusion jumpers amuse me greatly.

Ever stop to think that heavy metal may not suit where this song fits in?

Ever stop to think that maybe Goo Goo Dolls (who are highly experienced at writing for soundtracks) are the best suiting sound for a particular point in the movie?

Oh wait, movie forum. My bad. So much easier to write something off without even knowing anything about it then to actually give it a chance. My bad. Continue the pointless hating! :D

Normally I agree with you on the movie stuff Burn, but not here. I personally can't stand the Goo Goo Dolls, and they really haven't done anything sinse the late 90's. And I think some heavy metal would be perfect for this soundtrack.
Bands like Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, All that Remains, Judas Priest ect. would be perfect cuz they all write some fast pasted, high energy music. I mean how cool would it be to hear "Head out to the Highway" in this flick.

But then again I'd also like to hear some Cannible Corpse and Six Feet Under in this as well, but I know I'm not getting that. Oh well.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby D-340 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:32 pm

Sentinel Maximus wrote: Whats next Devo's 'Whip It Good'? (I know this song plays on the ultra Bumblebee figure thats coming out.)

Hey, Devo RULES!

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby Head Shot » Thu May 10, 2007 9:37 pm

ugh, I'm not writing the movie off for this but come on. really? why the goo goo dolls? They're horrible...

I'm not saying that metal and rock will work for every scene in the movie, but come on... you can definetly get someone much better than the goo goo dolls for the scenes that metal and rock would simply not work well in.
Head Shot
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Castle74 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:42 pm

I agree. THE GOO GOO DOLLS? What is this? 1998?
I was hoping they go all instrumental for the soundtrack. I knew they weren't going rock for this and probably not rap(hopefully). But now they are gonna put some Emo-type stuff?
Yuch!
Castle74
Micromaster

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Legacy Evolution Core G1 Dinobots Volcanicus 2023 New"
NEW!
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON