This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info!

Postby Counterpunch » Sat May 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Once again true believers the time has come for us to gather up the luggage, the spending cash, and the friends/family...Seibertron.com is going to BotCon!

For the past two years we've made it a newborn tradition to gather up forum friends for a Friday night party. May 29th at the Sheraton Hotel we will be invading Charlie's bar/restaurant at 9:00PM in full force. Last year's event had close to 100 of your closest Seibertronian friends drinking, talking about the convention, and generally causing a massive ruckus. Ask anyone who was able to make it out, we all had a great time.

If this is your first time going to BotCon or if you're one of our many valued friends who simply lurk the forums, we especially want you to come out with us! BotCon in of itself is a great time, but you won't be getting your money's worth if you miss out on the opportunity to kick back with your fellow fans for a few hours.

The Staff here at Seibertron.com welcomes any and all from the site (and all other sites for that matter) to come out and share a drink and a laugh with us.

So, here are some of the finer points to know and make note of...

The Sheraton Hotel is located at: 303 East Cordova Street · Pasadena, California 91101

It's right next to the convention center.

For those who aren't going to the convention, your boy Counterpunch here is going to do his best to drop updates.

Leave any questions here and I'll do my best to answer them. This year's convention is shaping up to be a great event. We're looking forward to meeting up with old friend's not seen since last year as well as all the new blood who will be showing up or making themselves known for the first time.

All the best.

-cp
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info!

Postby Hard Hacker » Sat May 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Sounds like a golden opportunity.

Shame I'm unable to go. But I'm sure nobody really likes me on this forum (Or are keeping awfully quite if they do).

But hey, it might be worth selling my organs to find out that I'm wrong in a couple of years time.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby JEDI ALCHEMIST » Sat May 02, 2009 7:54 pm

I'll see you guys there! ^_^ :D B-) :)
JEDI ALCHEMIST
Micromaster

Postby Counterpunch » Sat May 02, 2009 8:04 pm

JEDI ALCHEMIST wrote:I'll see you guys there! ^_^ :D B-) :)

I bet I can drink more beers than you! :D
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Ninja Boy » Sat May 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Motto: "There is no such thing as a person who does not like beer, there are only those who have not yet tried the beer they like."
I'll be there. I hung out with you guys during the 2007 BotCon. I'll be sport'n my red Seibertron T-shirt as well this year. Anybody else disappointed with this years toy set?
Ninja Boy
Mini-Con
Buy from Ninja Boy on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Two things.

1) Is the big cheese himself going to be there? I think he'll be having his hands full now...

2) There's a mobile Twitter app? I thought it was just the mobile site; available for the storm? Dude I'll definitely be checking the page out just for the updates.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Savage » Sun May 03, 2009 12:13 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Being the noninternet-phone person, you guys can just call me or shoot a text message. We'll definitely be at the bar Friday night (and probably Thursday and Saturday nights as well, just for fun). Anybody from the site is welcome to drop me a PM at any time during the Con with your cell number if you're having trouble tracking us down. Though, honestly, just listen for the rambunctious noise and look from the mass of Seibertron shirts moving like a big black hurricane.

On a similar note, how early are you guys showing up? Katie and I will be arriving pretty early, I think our plane lands around noon Thursday. Gonna be checking in, grabbing some lunch, and lurking around til registration starts. All are welcome to lurk.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Counterpunch » Sun May 03, 2009 7:31 am

Savage wrote:On a similar note, how early are you guys showing up? Katie and I will be arriving pretty early, I think our plane lands around noon Thursday. Gonna be checking in, grabbing some lunch, and lurking around til registration starts. All are welcome to lurk.

Same with Andrew and I.

Get with us when you're on the ground.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby First Gen » Sun May 03, 2009 8:54 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
I wasn't gonna go til friday, but my pickup time is 9pm thursday. If I show up friday I might miss out on the free attendee figure for the second year in a row, but I have no where to crash thursday nite.

Plus I still don't know what airport is best to fly into. All sorts of problems here.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby goshjosh95 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Motto: "Amazing! A boobie trap that actually catches boobies. [Optimus Prime]"
Awesome; thanks for setting this up. This is my first time going to Botcon. I'm driving down Thursday, but have to pick up my fiancee from the airport on Friday around 6 PM (she's actually going to check Botcon out with me on Sat through gen admission), so hopefully we can make it back in time to meet some fellow Seibertronians later Fri night.
:CON: "Decepticons, transform and rise up!"

My feedback thread: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/goshjosh95-t65587.php
goshjosh95
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Savage » Sun May 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
First Gen wrote:I wasn't gonna go til friday, but my pickup time is 9pm thursday. If I show up friday I might miss out on the free attendee figure for the second year in a row, but I have no where to crash thursday nite.

Plus I still don't know what airport is best to fly into. All sorts of problems here.

Dude, we can totally find you a place to crash Thursday night.

We're flying into LAX, which is probably not the best, but was surprisingly the cheapest. I believe Burbank is the closest airport.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
First Gen wrote:I wasn't gonna go til friday, but my pickup time is 9pm thursday. If I show up friday I might miss out on the free attendee figure for the second year in a row, but I have no where to crash thursday nite.

Fun pub won't let you change your pick up day? Doesn't seem right.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby First Gen » Sun May 03, 2009 10:05 pm

goshjosh95 wrote:Awesome; thanks for setting this up. This is my first time going to Botcon. I'm driving down Thursday, but have to pick up my fiancee from the airport on Friday around 6 PM (she's actually going to check Botcon out with me on Sat through gen admission), so hopefully we can make it back in time to meet some fellow Seibertronians later Fri night.

FYI General Admission only gets you in the dealer room and you better get there at least an 2 hours+ before the doors open at 10AM if you don't wanna get in there soon.

For 80 bucks you can add her as a Minicon and get her access to all the events save Party at the Paramount. Just food for thought.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby goshjosh95 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:38 pm

First Gen wrote: FYI General Admission only gets you in the dealer room and you better get there at least an 2 hours+ before the doors open at 10AM if you don't wanna get in there soon.

For 80 bucks you can add her as a Minicon and get her access to all the events save Party at the Paramount. Just food for thought.

Thanks for the heads-up. Hmm, I might seriously consider the Minicon add-on because that is kind of a pain for her to have to wait so long & not be able to check out cool stuff outside the Dealer Room.

On the other hand, General Admission might be enough... I think she was only interested in coming by for half a day anyway, just to see what in the world I'm doing that weekend, & why we're all into these awesome transforming robots. :wink:

goshjosh95
Vehicon

Postby TattedPitbull » Sun May 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Motto: "Hi I'm Zamba, I'm here to kill you!!!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
i gotta wait till next year to go i've never been to a con in my life, this botcon would be my first, i wish i could go this year but i can't :(
Wikid Klownz NEVA DIE, JUGGALETTE AND JUGGAPUP 4 LIFE!
TattedPitbull
Minibot
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Delicon » Mon May 04, 2009 5:38 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Savage wrote:On a similar note, how early are you guys showing up? Katie and I will be arriving pretty early, I think our plane lands around noon Thursday. Gonna be checking in, grabbing some lunch, and lurking around til registration starts. All are welcome to lurk.

99% chance I'll be coming in the same time as CP and Andrew so I'll be sure to find you as well.

At Botcon 2007 I came in for late registration Friday morning at 9 am or whatever the "earliest" time was you could. I got the transparent Mirage no problems.

goshjosh95 wrote:
First Gen wrote: FYI General Admission only gets you in the dealer room and you better get there at least an 2 hours+ before the doors open at 10AM if you don't wanna get in there soon.

Thanks for the heads-up. Hmm, I might seriously consider the Minicon add-on because that is kind of a pain for her to have to wait so long & not be able to check out cool stuff outside the Dealer Room.

On the other hand, General Admission might be enough... I think she was only interested in coming by for half a day anyway, just to see what in the world I'm doing that weekend, & why we're all into these awesome transforming robots. :wink:

Did you register for the Paramount Party? She can still go to the party with you if she is a minicon, but you'll have to shell out $50 extra on top of the minicon price. If past years are an indication though the Saturday night party is generally one of the coolest events of the Con.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby Ronynus Prime » Mon May 04, 2009 11:50 pm

Motto: ""Immortality shall come to such as are fit for it.""
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
I'm all set for this year's festivities. I'm just going to save money by eating In n' Out the whole weekend. Can't wait to party with everyone again. Drinks are on me First Gen! :mrgreen:
"Immortality shall come to such as are fit for it."
Ronynus Prime
Minibot
Watch Ronynus Prime on YouTube
Buy from Ronynus Prime on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby goshjosh95 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:37 am

Delicon wrote:Did you register for the Paramount Party? She can still go to the party with you if she is a minicon, but you'll have to shell out $50 extra on top of the minicon price. If past years are an indication though the Saturday night party is generally one of the coolest events of the Con.

Frick. No, I did not. I wasn't really sure what it was, so I didn't bother signing up for it. What does the Paramount Party entail?

goshjosh95
Vehicon

Postby Counterpunch » Tue May 05, 2009 6:36 am

goshjosh95 wrote:
Delicon wrote:Did you register for the Paramount Party? She can still go to the party with you if she is a minicon, but you'll have to shell out $50 extra on top of the minicon price. If past years are an indication though the Saturday night party is generally one of the coolest events of the Con.

Frick. No, I did not. I wasn't really sure what it was, so I didn't bother signing up for it. What does the Paramount Party entail?

We only know for sure that dinner will be served and Weird Al will be there.

Speculation is that the movie will be premiered there.

I'd see about going if I were you. A call to Fun Pub would probably take care of it.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby First Gen » Tue May 05, 2009 9:19 am

PlasmaEnergyGod wrote:I'm all set for this year's festivities. I'm just going to save money by eating In n' Out the whole weekend. Can't wait to party with everyone again. Drinks are on me First Gen! :mrgreen:

Actually bro, since I still have "No Planet for Actionmasters" hanging in my front room, first rounds on me!

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby goshjosh95 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Counterpunch wrote:We only know for sure that dinner will be served and Weird Al will be there.

I'd see about going if I were you. A call to Fun Pub would probably take care of it.

Thanks for the heads-up, CP. Have to check with the girl to make sure I can go.

I'm not as whipped as that just sounded. :P

goshjosh95
Vehicon

Postby Counterpunch » Thu May 14, 2009 6:47 am

goshjosh95 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:We only know for sure that dinner will be served and Weird Al will be there.

Thanks for the heads-up, CP. Have to check with the girl to make sure I can go.

I'm not as whipped as that just sounded. :P

Only a litte...entirely... :D
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info!

Postby Prime Evil » Thu May 14, 2009 1:33 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
So I'm gonna need another wingman at the bars this year? Who's wants in.

I'm good at my game and just need someone else to help me with the friends, cause what beautiful woman wouldn't be with friends at a bar?

Just kidding!! Ya'll are my wingmen!! Mwuahahaha!! Ask CP bout last year. I ended up talkin to some very lovely ladies, unfortunately my wing man *coughfluxconvoycough* could not get into the bar we were going to meet the ladies in because of clothing (grrrrr!!). So bring some non TF attire for the night and lets's have some fun!! Unfortunately, last year's wingman is now in a relationship. Goodie for you brotha!!
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Speed: 8

Postby 33Silencer » Thu May 14, 2009 1:56 pm

What up everyone!?! This is my first Botcon and like all of you are beyond excited, however since it is my first, I need advice from members who are veterans at Botcon. I'm worried once I get there Ill be overwhelmed with all thats going on. I've got the Primus Package so I know I can do alot of the activities, but my questions are.....: 1) should I get to the activities early, or will there be lines for the autographs and buying the exclusive toys? Also, I keep hearing about early and late registration....I haven't recieved my confirmation letter in the mail yet, so I'm not sure what my time slot is? Does anyone know how thats determined. Since I just did get confirmation that my package was accepted, two days ago, I'm worried that I'll have the Friday late registration. Can anyone help me with advice or the answers to these questions!?! Thanks everyone...can't wait to have a blast!!!
33Silencer
Mini-Con

Postby Counterpunch » Thu May 14, 2009 2:15 pm

33Silencer wrote:What up everyone!?! This is my first Botcon and like all of you are beyond excited, however since it is my first, I need advice from members who are veterans at Botcon. I'm worried once I get there Ill be overwhelmed with all thats going on. I've got the Primus Package so I know I can do alot of the activities, but my questions are.....: 1) should I get to the activities early, or will there be lines for the autographs and buying the exclusive toys? Also, I keep hearing about early and late registration....I haven't recieved my confirmation letter in the mail yet, so I'm not sure what my time slot is? Does anyone know how thats determined. Since I just did get confirmation that my package was accepted, two days ago, I'm worried that I'll have the Friday late registration. Can anyone help me with advice or the answers to these questions!?! Thanks everyone...can't wait to have a blast!!!

-You'll be overwhelmed...enjoy it.
-Find other people to hang out with, it's only as fun as you make it.
-Get to the Hasbro panel early and autograph lines early, everything else is cake.

-GET ON THE PHONE WITH FUN PUB...you need to find out that your registration was accepted asap. Not to worry you, but you have to stay on those guys, especially with paperwork.

I'll be giving out a phone number where people can text me for info and questions at the con.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #27 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926G"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM318 7F Del Mundo"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM317 7E (CA) Clarke (W)Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #6 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915R"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210496 8A (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 230124A"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #27 IDW Comics 2014 27A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #2 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (A/CA) Francis (W) Lafrance 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010M"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 3A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS: THE MANGA Vol 1 variant Classic TV Japanese Comics Viz 2020 HC New"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS: THE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON