This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Human Component Minerva"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Human Component Minerva"

Postby WhiteRabbit » Mon May 04, 2009 2:21 am

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

Story and Art : Ivan Mas

http://robot1979.deviantart.com/

Special Thanks: Carlos Oliveros

http://hombreimaginario.deviantart.com/

WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Human Component Minerva"

Postby Skullgrin140 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Great to see Masterforce getting more attention :D
Skullgrin140
Brainmaster

Postby Ultra Magnus » Mon May 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
Nice. Very "Artistic". The "Noir" Style suits the story.

B-)
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Normally I would highly praise any Masterforce mosaic, but this one seemed to disappoint. And it was about one of my favorite characters too.

The story itself was good. I found the message to be a very positive one. But what makes this disappointing to me is the artwork of Minerva herself.

She is drawn much older than she should be, as the text sets this just after episode 4. I understand that some people like to do this sort of thing to make the characters look more... 'appealing' to the readers. But this makes her look like a completely different person, and in her early twenties when really she's only 15.

Not to mention the 'alterations' made to her torso area. She shouldn't be that developed. In fact, it looks as though they're sagging. That's just very disturbing to me.

I'm sorry but to me, this piece of work doesn't cut it as that giant "eye-candy" pic of her just overshadows the messege behind the story.

Masterforce was awesome, this was just a big let down to me. :|

:BLACKEYE:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon May 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Great art, lame story.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Neurie » Mon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Isnt she ment to be like 12?!?

Jesus some oens a dirty perv if he think a girl of that age looks like 25 year old hooker
Neurie
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Neurie wrote:Isnt she ment to be like 12?!?

Jesus some oens a dirty perv if he think a girl of that age looks like 25 year old hooker
15 actually. But yeah.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Tristar » Mon May 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Personally I liked it. Nevered watched Masterforce. As to art I think it's fine she looks like she goes to a prep school. As to how she looks well we have remember Mosaics arn't canon unless noted what if the cast was older. Wouldn't change the plot much.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Spectral Dragon wrote:I hereby declare HMW shall now be known as Heavy Metal Crack (that's HMC for short)!
Tristar
Combiner

Postby AutobotJetfire777 » Mon May 04, 2009 10:03 pm

retarded
AutobotJetfire777
Mini-Con

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue May 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Holy Crap what is wrong with you people!! This is one individuals artistic take on a given aspect of the TF mythos and you folks dump all over it because it isn't exactly spot on with YOUR ideal or it didn't copy the show EXACTLY?
Pull the stick out! This is art, this is individual expression and in my opinion this is one of, if not THE most, beautifully done Mosaics out there. Even though I know little of Masterforce, there is enough storywise to give me some clue as to what is going on and, again, the artwork is amazing. Whereas before I had little interest in delving into the backstory of Masterforce or the other non-US stories, this actually has me curious now. Pointing out the details of the bracelet was a nice touch and nothing makes a story more enjoyable than the feeling that you can relate with the character even if their outward struggle is one of epic proportion.

I'm truly impressed and now I'm curious enough to start researching the rest of the story.
Great Job! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Windsweeper » Tue May 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Very nice artwork. Be interesting to see an actual robot mode Transformer in this style. While I enjoyed Masterforce, I do like the older portrayal of Minerva here. I mean, at this point, haven't we learned that kids and TF's do not mix.

Very nice mosaic.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 05, 2009 5:20 pm

Windsweeper wrote:Very nice artwork. Be interesting to see an actual robot mode Transformer in this style. While I enjoyed Masterforce, I do like the older portrayal of Minerva here. I mean, at this point, haven't we learned that kids and TF's do not mix.

Very nice mosaic.
This takes place right after episode four and she looks ten years older that normal.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Predaprince » Tue May 05, 2009 6:49 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
YAWN
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER X-BRAWN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise complete 2001 230830A"
SUPER X-BRAWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #1 FCBD Dreamwave Comics 2003 Free Comic Book Day (CA) Raiz"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427C"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERHAUL Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s9d7 2005 231102A"
OVERHAUL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 211006A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League handheld game 2019"
CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Nitro Series OPTIMUS PRIME Energon Igniters Transformers Bumblebee Hasbro NEW"
Nitro Series OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + Mini-con INCINERATOR Transformers Armada Super-Con complete 2002 190530a"
NEW!
BLURR + Mini-con I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET SPEED MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
STREET SPEED MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LANDMINE Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dr94 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
LANDMINE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST ROBOT MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST ROBOT MOD ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON