This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant?

Postby Nekoman » Tue May 12, 2009 10:16 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
An auction on Taobao would show us some new images of a possible packaging variant on the upcoming Revenge of The Fallen Scalpel figure. Unlike what we saw here, Scalpel is now facing outwards in his packaging. Could this be Takara's Scalpel, or perhaps a simple change on Hasbro's part? Keep checking for more updates.

Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant?

Postby Narc » Tue May 12, 2009 11:21 am

I think I'll pass.
Narc
Combiner
News Credits: 7

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue May 12, 2009 11:41 am

Now all we need is the other profile pic and we'll have a full set of police mugshot pics for this perp. Seriously, is this actually newsworthy cause I don't see this figure or it's packaging reaching any spectacular level of value on the collectors market in my lifetime.
Aesthetically, I think it was a good move changing his position mostly 'cause I wont have half his robo-bug ass staring me in the face while I'm sorting through the rest of figures to find Sideswipe.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue May 12, 2009 11:47 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I cant think of any use for this figure. It looks like crap and theres no way to mod it to be any thing else so ill pass.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Nekoman » Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
T-Macksimus wrote:Now all we need is the other profile pic and we'll have a full set of police mugshot pics for this perp. Seriously, is this actually newsworthy cause I don't see this figure or it's packaging reaching any spectacular level of value on the collectors market in my lifetime.

Yes, it is newsworthy. MISB collectors (who don't care about the item's value) might be more interested in this than you.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Name_Violation » Tue May 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I cant think of any use for this figure. It looks like crap and theres no way to mod it to be any thing else so ill pass.

could mod it to be an assembely arm, like at a car manufacturer
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 3
Skill: ???

Postby King Slick » Tue May 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
Last year Disney gave us a scrap collecting Johnny-5. This year Hasbro, and Paramount Pictures brings us...evil Johnny-5. (It should be notied that the original idea for Short Circuit was that Number 5 to have a Terminator attitude instead of being a wacked out robot)
Big trouble in a small package.
King Slick
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue May 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Nekoman wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:Now all we need is the other profile pic and we'll have a full set of police mugshot pics for this perp. Seriously, is this actually newsworthy cause I don't see this figure or it's packaging reaching any spectacular level of value on the collectors market in my lifetime.

Yes, it is newsworthy. MISB collectors (who don't care about the item's value) might be more interested in this than you.

I realize I let a lot more cynicism through than I probably should have in my statement. I guess what I should have said/asked was are these newer toys actually expected to hold or have anything in the way of value as compared to the toys of earlier generations? The toys of the first movie I can maybe understand and obviously G1 into the Beast Machines era. However, the last time I tried to take in a variety of TF's to the shop I usually sell to I was offered somewhere between jack and squat, and jack left the equation pretty damn quick. The guys selection of MISB figures is gathering dust pretty heavy and the value guides haven't exactly shown anything promising unless I want to ditch my G1 Devastator which isn't gonna happen til I'm forced to live out of my car.

I just don't see these new figures (anything from Energon to present) going down the same path as Star Wars collectibles. The market is just to flooded and the internet has taken the challenge and rarity out of everything mainstream. Folks are more excited about the trio of Japanese released mini-cons and other harder to acquire itmes. The rest of this is fodder for our kids as far as value goes.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2013 230920A"
NEW!
HOIST Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TURBO TRACKS Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2010 230809A"
NEW!
TURBO TRACKS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
NEW!
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
NEW!
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
NEW!
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON